Thinking About 2019

Started by RaisyDaisy, July 09, 2018, 04:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Similar to last years thread, let's use this thread to discuss our thoughts for 2019

Might seem early to start this, but I'm out of trades already and this year has been a nightmare from Round 1 so I'm looking forward to 2019 already!

I think Defence is going to have plenty of really good options next year. Not only will guys like Laird, Lloyd, Sicily, Simmo etc maintain and be great starting picks, we'll also have a discounted Docherty returning. It's going to be hard deciding which prem defenders to leave out and not start!

Danger and Dusty should both get MID/FWD DPP too but I'm wondering if CD will actually do it, especially for Danger. Remember when Ablett should have been much cheaper but they decided to not give him the proper discount because everyone would have had him? Well I can see them saying the same thing for Danger with FWD so I'm not sure he gets it, but if he does then he will set a record for percentage ownership

Gawn and Grundy should be the obvious set and forget ruck set up

If Danger and Dusty do in fact get fwd status then for the first time in a while I think we could see some nice unique midfields. 2018 has been a strange one for mids - usually we've had a group of players that go 115+, but this year there hasn't been as much, and some of the ones who have, have then got injured so I feel like the mid dynamics have slightly changed and I think this could be a good thing for 2019

Off the top of my head I would think Titch, Fyfe, Oliver and Kelly would be my 4 absolute locks to start, but then it really opens up from there with plenty of ways to go

What are your thoughts?

SilverLion

The Liberatore and Brad Crouch combo of 2015 (IIRC), will be popular once again.

fanTCfool

Laird is a lock to start every year until he retires.
If Docherty receives his proper discount (doubt it) he should be in 99% of teams.
Guys like Heeney and McLean would lose forward status I presume, so the tradition continues of finding new premo forwards every year.

enzedder

Hibberd, Billings, Lobb, Sauce, Armitage and Dusty should all be cheap.
Seriously though.... none of the above....except possibly Dusty.

Ringo

Will Andrews drop a bit if he does not play again this year, Could be another handy defender if so?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: fanTCfool on July 09, 2018, 05:54:13 PM
If Docherty receives his proper discount (doubt it) he should be in 99% of teams.
Guys like Heeney and McLean would lose forward status I presume, so the tradition continues of finding new premo forwards every year.

I actually think Heeney will maintain DPP

Agree McLean won't

fanTCfool

Maximum number of games you can play to receive a discount is 9, so Andrews (13) won't be discounted.

RaisyDaisy

Further to what I mentioned in the OP regarding prem mids next year

I've just had a look, and to my surprise there is only 26 mids currently averaging 100 or more

Of that 26, McLean, Heeney and Hoff are forwards, leaving 23 pure mids

Only 16 of that 23 are currently averaging over 105, and 3 of that 16 (Macrae, Fyfe, Treloar) are out with LTI's so that leaves 13 fit mids going 105+

Funnily enough, players most of us thought were probably past it such as Jelwood, Pendles and Higgins occupy 3 of those 13 spots

How many people would have 8 of those 13? Just goes to show how much luck is required to nail the right picks - and maybe we shouldn't be discounting the older prems so easily ;)

Only 4 guys currently going above 115 too - 2 of which are injured - perhaps next year 105+ is the number to focus on

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 09, 2018, 06:45:52 PM
Further to what I mentioned in the OP regarding prem mids next year

I've just had a look, and to my surprise there is only 26 mids currently averaging 100 or more

Of that 26, McLean, Heeney and Hoff are forwards, leaving 23 pure mids

Only 16 of that 23 are currently averaging over 105, and 3 of that 16 (Macrae, Fyfe, Treloar) are out with LTI's so that leaves 13 fit mids going 105+

Funnily enough, players most of us thought were probably past it such as Jelwood, Pendles and Higgins occupy 3 of those 13 spots

How many people would have 8 of those 13? Just goes to show how much luck is required to nail the right picks - and maybe we shouldn't be discounting the older prems so easily ;)

Only 4 guys currently going above 115 too - 2 of which are injured - perhaps next year 105+ is the number to focus on
Pendles is 30 I don't know how people can say he is washed up.... as he pumps out a 160  ;D Beams is another people have overlooked sure he has had a tough year but he is a proven big SC scorer as he showed this week glad to jumped on both at bargain basement prices  ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 09, 2018, 06:45:52 PM

How many people would have 8 of those 13?
;)

quinny88

Off the top of my head A few bargain buys that have missed all year

Defence - Sam Docherty, Zac Williams, Brodie Smith

Mid - Brad Crouch, Tom Liberatore

Forward - Jamie Elliot

Wigg, Freeman, Goddard, T.Williams all cheap rookie options for next year

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 09, 2018, 06:17:08 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on July 09, 2018, 05:54:13 PM

I actually think Heeney will maintain DPP

Agree McLean won't
Parker should regain DPP so he's an auto lock.

Levi434

Everyone will have the exact same fwd line of Danger, Dusty, Parker, Greene, Rook, Rook.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: quinny88 on July 10, 2018, 12:02:10 AM
Freeman
he's actually a chance this week is the word. not sure how that will affect his price next year but it wouldn't be by much you'd think

well depends how many games he plays I guess. still 7 games left... could really flower his price next year haha

enzedder

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on July 10, 2018, 01:30:17 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on July 10, 2018, 12:02:10 AM
Freeman
he's actually a chance this week is the word. not sure how that will affect his price next year but it wouldn't be by much you'd think

well depends how many games he plays I guess. still 7 games left... could really flower his price next year haha
Rookies are generally priced at the average regardless of whether they play 1 game or 5 or whatever
Freeman will likely play this week.