FPL and EPL 2018/19

Started by PowerBug, July 06, 2018, 01:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Hi, FPL is open so time for a new thread.

Who did the classic league (Spite I think) will renew it and we'll all be put back into that.

Time for a H2H league as well I think. I've created one for 12 teams, PM me if you want to join as ideally I want to start with those that actually post on the forum :)

Classic League Code: 82345-241174 (ALL WELCOME)
Head To head League: 674-745 (6 SPOTS LEFT)

Koop

Initial thoughts

-Zaha/Arnautovic reclassified as forwards, both 7m, both still represent significant value, Arnie especially under a much more positive-minded manager in Pellegrini.

-As such, Lanzini would've been a walk-up lock for me at 6.5. :'( :'( One to watch post-January though!

- Salah at 13, is he worth it? Will he back it up?

- FPL going hard on the top prospects from the Championship this year, Fredericks, Morrison & Douglas all 5.0 in defence, while Jota, Maddison & Sessegnon all priced almost out of selection at 6.5. Tom Cairney at 5.0 may be your man if you're looking for someone who did well in the Championship, on Fulham's penalties at the moment and was instrumental in their attacks last season. Do not touch Neves with a 10 foot pole, all he scores is worldies and plays CDM. Mitrovic isn't in the game yet but with Fulham looking to make his loan spell permanent from Newcastle, he is the other one to watch (12 goals from 20 games.)

- Some of the players out on loan last season haven't been added yet, if Newcastle make Kenedy's move permanent as expected, at 4.5 or 5.0 he could be a huge bargain and the perfect 5th mid.

- Firmino at 9.5 seems a tad underpriced

- Leno at 5m looks the best way into Arsenal's defence outside of a Calum Chambers regular start, doubt he would've moved from Leverkusen without guarantee of playing time.

- Rui Patricio still to be added.

- Form defenders from last year (PvA, Robertson, etc.) all hit hard. Could John Stones be the best way into the City defence this year?

Koop

Compiled a few thoughts on a few of the new transfers/Championship signings if anyone's interested.

Jota/Neves/Brooks/Jimenez/Cairney/Morrison/Hoilett/Sema/Elyounassi/Doherty etc. all still to come.

Bernd Leno (GKP / 5.0) - Doubt he would've moved from a first choice role between the sticks in the Bundesliga without promise of significant playing time, at 5.0 represents fantastic value and a great way into the Gunners defence should Sokratis tighten up their lines. Seriously consider

Barry Douglas (DEF / 5.0) - The first of many Championship guns that FPL have slapped with an increased starting price this year. Barry Douglas ran riot for the Wolves last year at left wing back, it's unknown how he will adapt to the PL as he has been noted to be quite Alonso-like in his inability to actually defend when needed. Scored 5 and assisted 14 in the Championship however so certainly knows how to make his presence felt at the opposite end of the park. Some doubt that the transfer of Zinchenko (may affect his position in the squad, but he's actually a midfielder/LW. Seriously consider.

Ryan Sessegnon (MID / 6.5) - Kid probably needs no introduction to anyone who watches a lot of English football, Sessegnon is a freak and far and away the best teenage prospect in English football. He made a successful transition from LB to LW last season and continued on his merry way by scoring 16 and assisting 8, including the absolutely FILTHY through ball to Cairney that secured Fulham a place in the PL. The only question mark is really how he and the Fulham squad adapt to the Premier League, being an 18 year old kid and all, it could be a rather slow process to start with. Consider but probably not one to start.

Florin Andone (FWD / 5.0) - This guy was just about locked as my 3rd striker before the reclassification of both Arnautovic and Zaha. Andone is a Romanian big-bodied aggressive striker coming from recently relegated Deportivo in Spain. He scored 18 in the last two seasons for them as a number 9 in what must be said was an absolutely abysmal outfit. Well-suited physically to the PL and don't be surprised to see him making the most of some absolutely delicious Gross creative work in the upcoming season as the Glen Murray replacement. Pass but monitor in case of meta shift.

James Maddison (MID / 6.5)
- Okay I'll try not to froth about this kid too much, but I'm seriously excited. Was far and away Norwich's best player last season and has been touted as an England international in the very near future. Maddison scored 14 and assisted 8 last season in the Championship playing as a number 10, with a knack for being on the end of a lot of set pieces. He has obviously moved to Leicester for a fee rumoured to be somewhere between $22 & $25m, so it's very obvious how much Leicester rate him. Should play directly behind Vardy and could be a VERY tasty option this season playing in an already PL-hardened outfit. Seriously consider.

Ricardo Pereira (DEF / 5.0)
- Speedy Porto LB arriving for 25m to Leicester. Should take Ben Chilwell's spot in the team easily and would be at home in a top 6 PL side. Ricardo has amazing stamina, is extremely quick and is also an accomplished crosser of the ball, not a lot to dislike. Seriously consider

Aleksandar Mitrovic (FWD / ??) - Well-known enigmatic Newcastle enforcer who spent the back-end of last season on loan at Craven Cottage, where he went absolutely completely bonkers, scoring 12 times from just 17 starts, earning B2B Championship PotM's in the process. Seems to fit Fulham's style well, one to monitor price-dependant.

Stuart Armstrong (MID / 5.5) - Arrives to Southampton from Celtic for 7m. Spent the majority of last season injured, but scored 15 and assisted 7 the season before. Known to play an attacking midfield role but an extremely confidence-based player. Not one to start, but one to keep an eye on if him or Soton go on a run for sure.

Ryan Fredericks (DEF / 5.0) - 7 assists last season for the Fulham RB who's now at West Ham after joining on a free. Very quick and can beat his man with the ball at his feet, however his crossing leaves a lot to be desired and his disciplinary record is atrocious. One to avoid unless Pellegrini can talk some sense into him.

Steven Johansen (MID / 5.5) - Fulham set-piece taker, scored 9 and assisted 8 last season. Not aware of too much more about him other than he has had consistency issues throughout his career. Monitor.

Koop

Second draft of 21389412 before the season starts.

Leno

Alonso // Robertson // Pereira

Hazard // De Bruyne // Sigurdsson // Morrison

Aubameyang // Arnautovic // Zaha

Ryan // Cairney (Kenedy placeholder) // Daniels // Wan-Bissaka

0 ITB

Hawka

Putting Everton as an option in the poll
Woweeee

I may play FPL il see how my commitments goo

Spite

League renewed, I’ll get PB to put the code in the top post this week

Koop

Quote from: Spite on July 10, 2018, 03:10:11 PM
League renewed, I’ll get PB to put the code in the top post this week

Spite pls <3

Goosey

I always find it difficult to pick the first team, and pretty much always burn the wild card after the first couple of rounds to make all the major reparations! In saying that, I am fairly happy with this first cut, but it is always difficult to really know who is playing or not.

Pickford/Fabianski
Alonso/Mendy/Zanka 
Salah/Mkhitaryan/Sane/Richarlison
Firmino/Zaha/Arnautovic

Mooy/S.Cook/Wan-Bissaka

PowerBug

Can Schmeichel hurry up and move to Chelsea to give us a 5.0 GK option...

I'm expecting a mad rush in the days before GW1 lockout as the transfer window closes before it begins.

R.Griffen

Is my team any good?
Pickford, Steklegnberg
Pereira, Moses, Bernardo, Bednarek, Bennett
De Bruyne, Eriksen, Alli, Steven Davis, Sessegnon
Aubameyang, Aguero, Okazaki

Koop

Quote from: R.Griffen on July 31, 2018, 05:20:39 PM
Is my team any good?
Pickford, Steklegnberg
Pereira, Moses, Bernardo, Bednarek, Bennett
De Bruyne, Eriksen, Alli, Steven Davis, Sessegnon
Aubameyang, Aguero, Okazaki

Hey R.Griff,

Everton 1/2 is a good option, Stek should play the first few games while Pickford is coming back from the WC.

Big fan of Pereira, should get a few attacking returns and hopefully Leicester tighten up. Moses will be squeezed out by Chelsea reverting to a back 4 so I'd avoid him personally. Bernardo I don't know a heap about but I'd imagine there are better options at 4.5 (Dunk, Duffy, Tomkins, etc.). Bednarek is an unknown, obviously started a few games towards the backend of the season but seems to be down the pecking order now with Vestergaard coming to the club. Bennett is a decent 4.0 enabler, I'd prefer Bissaka personally but they shouldn't be playing for you anyway.

Sess is a huge unknown in terms of stepping up to the PL + Schurrle arriving, it's still possible that Sess is deployed at LB which would be pretty detrimental to his potential PL returns, kid is class though and should have a good season. Steven Davis doesn't play high enough up the pitch to be relevant, his goals tally over the last 2-3 seasons says enough. Plenty of better options around. Eriksen great pick, KdB & Alli will likely miss the first few GW's due to a later pre-season with the WC.

Forwards are fine if you're playing 3-5-2. Okazaki won't be more than a super sub for Leicester with Ihenacho slowly rising. Zohore, Reid and Andone are other options.

BoredSaint

Don't pick Everton players..

We are absolute showere atm.. Still trying to work out how to play under Silva..
Also our defense is worse than Championship standard.. Gonna leak at least 3 against Wolves

rebird

Spite

82345-241174

Sorry for the delay! Thats the FF code!

Spite

Quote from: rebird on August 01, 2018, 03:34:32 PM
Draft - one too far?

Image from Gyazo" width="667

Love it mate!

Would suggest Tomkins at 4.5 over Daniels given his replacement is only suspended for 3 weeks then hes out of the team. Davis a weird pick with over 5.0m mids on pens.

Not a big fan of Coleman personally given I think Everton will leak goals at the moment while they sort out things.

Sane no guaranteed to start at this rate but I do like him.

Some options (don't really need to change your team though, its great) to consider:
Davis to 4.5m and Sane to KDB
Coleman to TAA, Davis to 4.5, Sane to Mahrez, Firmino to Aguero/Auba

Good luck!