WXV Round 14: Seoul Searching

Started by Purple 77, July 03, 2018, 08:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Thursday night game again, so mind the 7.20pm partial lockout that night!

Round 14, AFL Round 16

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
Dublin DestroyersMexico City SunsCrooke Park5  v  4
New Delhi TigersMoscow SpetsnazTata Stadium, EurAsia1  v  5
London RoyalsSeoul MagpiesLondon Olympic Stadium, EurAsia3  v  3
Cairo SandsPacific IslandersBorg El Arab Stadium, AAP Alliance, Africonia3  v  3
PNL ReindeersBerlin BrewersStade de Gerland, EurAsia, Europe, Europe Cup4  v  3
Beijing ThunderChristchurch SaintsBeijing Olympic Park1  v  2
Cape Town CobrasTokyo SamuraiNewlands Cricket Ground4  v  2
New York RevolutionBuenos Aires ArmadillosMetLife Stadium, AAP Alliance, Americas3  v  3
Rio de Janeiro JaguarsToronto WolvesMaracana Stadium, AAP Alliance, Americas2  v  1

The Destroyers form at the moment is well timed, whilst the Suns notched up a victory against an underwhelming Rio side. The 10th encounter may not be as monumental as others in the past, but seeing these two sides play against each other is always exciting. Dublin for me.

The Tigers got themselves a fine victory over Seoul last week, but again relied on HGA in the end to get the job done. I dunno, they're not as scary as last year. The Spetsnaz are a danger game for New Delhi - well they would especially be if Treloar was available - and  even moreso if Dochers & co were available too. New Delhi, but tentatively.

The Royals came to play last week, scoring one of their better scores of the year with 137. Perhaps there's a pulse in this team yet! The Magpies simply need to win this game, but the next 150+ score just seems further and further away. As the title suggests, I feel like the Magpies need to find themselves again, and recapture that 2017 form that got them to the Grand Final. Seoul though, for me.

The Sands are admittedly a bit wary of this game, and the potential for Pacific to heap more pain on the "Scored Against" column of the ladder. The Islanders just look like THE team at the moment, and look destined to play Toronto in the GF. The Islanders for me.

The Reindeers are showing a bit of life in their season! Perhaps in the wake of the retirement of club star Cyril Rioli, they'll be inspired to take on the vulnerable and Fyfe-less Berlin. Oh, how ordinary we truly are without him.

Two impressive and finals-bound teams go head to head in my MATCH OF THE ROUND! The 'Jing midfield is in full force at the moment, with number 2 ruck in the game Brodie Grundy leading the much acclaimed awesome foursome. The Saints though, I feel,  have just been absorbing injury carnage all year and still churning out premo scores. No Sandi? No worries. Well, maybe a small one. Beijing for me.

The Cobras were gallant in defeat against premiership fancies in Toronto; one thinks they should have used that performance against a fellow team in the bottom 6! Oh what's this? An opponent the Cobras can take down, and have been having serious form issues of late? Tokyo all the way.

The Revolution take on perhaps the team I like most from afar, and it could be a close game!I like the Dillos, coz (whilst respecting coach trading skills), they are my mascot for the salary cap :P and I think they've been going awesome. The Revolution though, despite being potentially Heeney-less, have a bit more firepower for now, and should get the job done.

The Jags might not have much hope against Toronto based off recent formlines, but upsets do happen! The Jags will face instant improvement shuffling their team around, but not sure if they'll get the 140+ score required to catch the Wolves on an off day.

Purple 77

Updated Team Selector for those interested.

Gawn assumes his mantle as the #1 SC player in the comp 8)

Nige

Got a good feeling about this one.  8)

Purple 77

And a special shoutout to one of WXVs greatest rivalries facing each other for the 10th time this week!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on July 03, 2018, 09:01:19 PM

Yeah maybe Titch, Bont and Laird will all get concussed in the first half and play a few minutes in the third :P

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 03, 2018, 09:08:09 PM

Yeah maybe Titch, Bont and Laird will all get concussed in the first half and play a few minutes in the third :P
Pacific will have their worst game all season and we’ll match them for scoring and win on HGA.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 03, 2018, 09:02:31 PM
And a special shoutout to one of WXVs greatest rivalries facing each other for the 10th time this week!

Really want to keep my winning record.

The two remaining titans of the worlds battle it out. Shame Puma's are no longer.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Nige on July 03, 2018, 09:24:02 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 03, 2018, 09:08:09 PM

Pacific will have their worst game all season and we’ll match them for scoring and win on HGA.
Good luck with that.

Toga

Beijing Thunder
D: Tom Jonas, Brandon Ellis, Tom Cutler, Marcus Adams
M: Callan Ward (VC), Lachie Neale, Ollie Wines, Dayne Zorko
R: Brodie Grundy (C)
F: Josh Caddy, Kane Lambert, Luke Breust, Taylor Walker (R)
IC: Tom Rockliff, Daniel Howe

Emg: Bradley Hill (m), Mason Cox (R/F), Nathan Broad (d)

meow meow

CHRISTCHURCH SAINTS

B: Jarrad McVeigh, Heath Shaw, Harris Andrews, Nathan Wilson
M: Bryce Gibbs, Luke Parker, Marc Murphy, Tom Scully
R: Aaron Sandilands
F: Toby McLean (vc), Jarrad Waite, Daniel Wells, Jake Stringer
I: Tom Liberatore, Gary Ablett jnr (C)

E: Ryan Griffen, Tom Langdon, Sean Darcy Moore

RaisyDaisy

Adamant

Might be a bit of a stretch naming someone that is deceased in your best available team.

fanTCfool

Early signs suggest that Dublin might be a little too focussed on their trophy cabinet this week, the perfect opportunity for Mexico to roll through and square the ledger at 5 wins a piece perhaps?

Holz

Quote from: fanTCfool on July 04, 2018, 05:55:35 PM
Early signs suggest that Dublin might be a little too focussed on their trophy cabinet this week, the perfect opportunity for Mexico to roll through and square the ledger at 5 wins a piece perhaps?

You never know with Mexico, i reckon i might extend the lead this year but the Suns will rise again under jroo.

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 03, 2018, 08:56:59 PM
The Cobras were gallant in defeat against premiership fancies in Toronto; one thinks they should have used that performance against a fellow team in the bottom 6! Oh what's this? An opponent the Cobras can take down, and have been having serious form issues of late? Tokyo all the way.