NBA Season 2018/19

Started by LaHug, July 03, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Quote from: Holz on July 03, 2018, 12:27:26 PM
Next step

Iggoudala + Bell + Livingston + 2019 First rounder for Kawhii Leoanrd

If they asking Philly for 3 first rounds and 2 players, theres no way they take pick 28 29 30 W/e haha

Mat0369

It's really easy to fix the NBA, it's called a hard cap.

Jay

Can't believe how badly the Lakers have botched a year of LeBron's prime. Assuming they don't get Kawhi, they've surrounded LBJ with an even worse team than he had in Cleveland.

Lance Stephenson and Rondo are you kidding me? I love Rondo, but he's a horrible fit with LeBron. Between Rondo and Lonzo, LBJ is going to be playing with a PG who can't shoot at all times. That makes no sense. Look at the guys who have been on the court with LBJ when he's won a title... Chalmers, Mike Miller, Ray, Battier, Bosh, Irving, JR, Love, Jefferson. What do they have in common?

Building around LeBron isn't rocket science but the Lakers have seriously flowered this up and as currently constructed will be lucky to have home-court in the playoffs.

LaHug

Quote from: Jay on July 04, 2018, 11:58:22 PM
Can't believe how badly the Lakers have botched a year of LeBron's prime. Assuming they don't get Kawhi, they've surrounded LBJ with an even worse team than he had in Cleveland.

Lance Stephenson and Rondo are you kidding me? I love Rondo, but he's a horrible fit with LeBron. Between Rondo and Lonzo, LBJ is going to be playing with a PG who can't shoot at all times. That makes no sense. Look at the guys who have been on the court with LBJ when he's won a title... Chalmers, Mike Miller, Ray, Battier, Bosh, Irving, JR, Love, Jefferson. What do they have in common?

Building around LeBron isn't rocket science but the Lakers have seriously flowered this up and as currently constructed will be lucky to have home-court in the playoffs.

At a quick glance, what you've said is right, but I tend to disagree. LeBron would very much be involved with those moves - he would have been consulted and approved them. It's been said over and over again that LeBron wants to move off-ball - one of Lonzo and Rondo at all times means that happens with ease. Finally, young scrappy defenders (Lakers were a plus defensive team last year) means LeBron will have a team that actually plays D this year - much better than what he had in Cleveland.

I don't think this is better than the Cavs with Kyrie but it's better than last year's Cavs for sure.

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on July 05, 2018, 10:17:45 AM

I don't think this is better than the Cavs with Kyrie but it's better than last year's Cavs for sure.

Certainly think this is much better then the cavs last year.

last year he had Laker rejects who the lakers wanted to dump. This year he has Ingram Kuzma Ball who the lakers seem to be hardballing with the spurs on losing for Kawhii.

jvalles69

Is AD a free agent next year? Could Lakers fit both AD and Kawhi in their team?  That would be a team that could beat the Warriors.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 05, 2018, 10:50:37 AM
Is AD a free agent next year? Could Lakers fit both AD and Kawhi in their team?  That would be a team that could beat the Warriors.

Nope player option in 20/21 by then Lebron too old.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on July 05, 2018, 11:34:36 AM

Ah right.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 05, 2018, 11:47:49 AM

Ah right.

Lebron to philly i reckon was the correct move. Then chuck Fultz Sairc Roco for Kawhii then fill the rest out with bench fillers, how about adding Boogie (even though they have embiid)

Simmons Lebron Kawhii Boogie Embiid that team i think actually was possible.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on July 05, 2018, 03:19:33 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 05, 2018, 11:47:49 AM

Ah right.

Lebron to philly i reckon was the correct move. Then chuck Fultz Sairc Roco for Kawhii then fill the rest out with bench fillers, how about adding Boogie (even though they have embiid)

Simmons Lebron Kawhii Boogie Embiid that team i think actually was possible.

Philly said Fultz was off the table.

Apparently the Ball family (LaVar) leaked information about Lonzo's knee to reduce his trade value so other teams wouldn't want him.  Lakers responded by signing Rondo to start for them.  Moral of the story, don't flower with Magic.

LaHug

I wouldn't trust Woj reports on the Lakers. He doesn't have a source. Ramona or I don't believe it on Lakers news.

Mat0369

Ramona is too in love with my boy JoJo to care about the Lakers.

j959

Quote from: Holz on July 05, 2018, 10:28:29 AM
Quote from: LaHug on July 05, 2018, 10:17:45 AM

Certainly think this is much better then the cavs last year.

last year he had Laker rejects who the lakers wanted to dump. This year he has Ingram Kuzma Ball who the lakers seem to be hardballing with the spurs on losing for Kawhii.

Yeh, seems better than he had in Cleveland this season but still feels like he's getting into a similar situation …

Apparently Boogie said no to a Pels offer of $40mil over 2 seasons after he did his Achilles … but it does make sense from his POV, chase a ring for a year, no need to rush back, improve locker room cred and have better offers with an increased cap in 2020 …

Summer league interesting so far with Jaren Jackson Jnr looking good … his 3pt shot looks a bit flat but he's hitting it ...

jvalles69

Another Aussie in the NBA!  Broekhoff gets a 2 year deal with Dallas!

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 06, 2018, 10:23:43 AM
Another Aussie in the NBA!  Broekhoff gets a 2 year deal with Dallas!
Better than half the Aussies playing NBA rn