Main Menu

Adelaide Off-Field 2019

Started by tbagrocks, June 22, 2018, 07:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

There's so many better ways to troll the Crows board without getting into trouble though :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: Jay on July 11, 2018, 07:58:07 PM
Can you stop locking our threads every time a troll comes along? Just sort them out and let us discuss our footy team please :)
Dito, lock the troll not he thread  :o

GO CROWS

I told a young lady who's going to the footy tonigt to BOO #35, she said "Who's #35" I said Patrick Dangerfield and while your at it, hit him with a stick :P

Ok it's not nice to get a girl to fight your battles. If you see someone carted out with a stick, it's probably me :o 

Trindacut

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 12, 2018, 07:16:34 PM
Quote from: Jay on July 11, 2018, 07:58:07 PM
Can you stop locking our threads every time a troll comes along? Just sort them out and let us discuss our footy team please :)
Dito, lock the troll not he thread  :o

The threads are getting locked when you post mate. Careful what you wish for.

tbagrocks

kilbluff1985

can ppl let me know how Brodie Smith does in the reserves

fanTCfool

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 21, 2018, 09:16:45 PM

25 Touches and 8 Marks. Unsure whether he played the entire game or limited minutes.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: fanTCfool on July 21, 2018, 09:33:59 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 21, 2018, 09:16:45 PM

25 Touches and 8 Marks. Unsure whether he played the entire game or limited minutes.

cool thanks

Dave085

80% game time and looking good for a return against Port.

After almost a year, Crows defender back on park - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-21/after-almost-a-year-crows-defender-back-on-park

tbagrocks

With almost the best line-up tonight with Smithy a week away 32 disposals today. I like Cheney so Hartigan missing doesn't bother me. Huge game for the ressies though today kicking 19 goals, but they lost to North Adelaide :P

My boy who should be playing Patrick Wilson, 42d 28k 10m 5t 12 In50 1G
When did an SANFL player last have 28 kicks? Wilson too good for state league

Cam Ellis-Yolmen 41d 7In 50

Brodie Smith 32d 7m 6In50 5Out50. PLays next week in Showdown, but for who?

Sam Gibson 34d 9m 5in50

I like this kid, Matthew Singorello. Can play imo. 26d 4m 5t 3in50. But it's his dash and ball use I like most!

Ben Jarman 3 goals 18d

Ben Davis 3 goals

Elliot Himmleberg, brother of. I like this kid too, plays KP either end. 21d 6m 5 goals ;D

Plenty to like in the state league side, a few to push for senior selection and Douglas and Mackay still out

Forgarty only 0.1 today

Trindacut

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 28, 2018, 07:09:01 PM
With almost the best line-up tonight with Smithy a week away 32 disposals today. I like Cheney so Hartigan missing doesn't bother me. Huge game for the ressies though today kicking 19 goals, but they lost to North Adelaide :P

Sam Gibson 34d 9m 5in50

I like this kid, Matthew Singorello. Can play imo. 26d 4m 5t 3in50. But it's his dash and ball use I like most!

Ben Jarman 3 goals 18d

Ben Davis 3 goals

Elliot Himmleberg, brother of. I like this kid too, plays KP either end. 21d 6m 5 goals ;D

Plenty to like in the state league side, a few to push for senior selection and Douglas and Mackay still out

Forgarty only 0.1 today

Looked a shambles. You blokes need a Dangerfield-type player in the midfield and replace Tex, he's a spud.

Reckon a few of these blokes will get a run next week.

Jay

Quote from: Trindacut on July 28, 2018, 10:39:00 PM

Sam Gibson 34d 9m 5in50

Ben Jarman 3 goals 18d

Ben Davis 3 goals

Forgarty only 0.1 today

Looked a shambles. You blokes need a Dangerfield-type player in the midfield and replace Tex, he's a spud.

Why are you still here?

Trindacut

Quote from: Jay on July 29, 2018, 10:10:53 AM
Quote from: Trindacut on July 28, 2018, 10:39:00 PM

Sam Gibson 34d 9m 5in50

Ben Jarman 3 goals 18d

Ben Davis 3 goals

Forgarty only 0.1 today

Why are you still here?

Maybe you should close these forums off to supporters only if you can't handle a bit of fair criticism. Tex didn't show up last night, and when the Crows were poor in the third quarter, it was very poor. Their 4th quarter wasn't very convincing either. And you can't blame injuries anymore, you've got the bulk of your players back.

I'm still here because I still love footy and I enjoy getting on here and talking about the big talking points. No one could have predicted that Adelaide would be out the eight at this end of the season. It's worth talking about.

nrich102

I mean trinda does kind of have a point...

And even if he's a borderline troll, you make it so easy for him.

kilbluff1985

@tbag B Smith in for Seedsman with a hammy probably

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on July 29, 2018, 11:38:44 AM
Maybe you should close these forums off to supporters only if you can't handle a bit of fair criticism. Tex didn't show up last night, and when the Crows were poor in the third quarter, it was very poor. Their 4th quarter wasn't very convincing either. And you can't blame injuries anymore, you've got the bulk of your players back.

I'm still here because I still love footy and I enjoy getting on here and talking about the big talking points. No one could have predicted that Adelaide would be out the eight at this end of the season. It's worth talking about.
No, I think injuries are still a pretty good reason to use considering the damage was done before our bye when we were 6-7 and were cruelled by injuries during those first 13 weeks, while dealing with all the camp bullshower, and Sloane's contract in the media. Had to go 7-2 after the bye, at least, to have any chance of making the finals but considering our draw and percentage, it was very unlikely but we're still a chance to finish 6-3 in that period, albeit small. Richmond at the G was always going to be a loss and the Melbourne game was a fixture which we lost last year too, they seem to have the wood over us lately, but if you told Crows supporters during the bye that we would've gone 2-1 against the Eags, Cats, and Demons, most would've taken it, it's a decent result considering everything. Also, just because we have the bulk of our players back now, doesn't mean they're completely fit, long term ones like Sloane and McGovern, and constant, short term ones to Betts etc. are gonna take a hit on match fitness and since more than half our list has suffered an injury this year, it's not hard to understand we are where we are.

Also, 3.5 to 1.1 in the last quarter is pretty convincing, especially in the conditions, the rain and wind at the ground was brutal, and we finished the game with 2 more scoring shots; make the most of our opportunities in the first half and not butcher shots from the goal square in the last, we win that game, despite the awful 3rd quarter.

On Tex, you'll struggle to find a Crows supporter who won't say he's been awful since he injured his glute against the Suns in R6, he looks slow and for someone who relies so much on his leading, since he's not a contested mark and never will be, he just can't do that at the moment, defenders are able to get a fist in there so easily. He barely did a pre-season with the Plantar Fascia issue he had, that paired with the glute problem, it's not surprising to see him struggling so much. Also, when the club said he was he was going through a 'mini pre-season' before returning after the bye, and then rushing him back against Freo after a couple of losses, I don't think that helped him at all, he should be put on ice for the rest of the year. The management of players this year has been atrocious, Sloane injuring his foot against the Tigers in R2 and then playing the next two games where he looked awful, to missing the next nine games because of his foot, even though the injury he picked up against Richmond and the one that kept him out for so long were seperate, he still shouldn't have played.

Hopefully the club can learn from this year, get rid of Burton and Hass, who I can't believe we hired after the injury issues they had when they were at Brisbane, find a new ruck since Sauce is cooked, get a good preseason in with no camp rubbish and focus on football to attack 2019 with a full, fit list, actually looking forward to it.

Oh, and what do you mean no one could have predicted Adelaide would be out the eight at this end of the season? Didn't you have us 13th on your ladder? Or are you admitting that was a troll?