Main Menu

Adelaide Off-Field 2019

Started by tbagrocks, June 22, 2018, 07:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Crows are in real trouble though! People saying we can get a win over the WCE (Our main rival) Next week cos they're missing the twin towers. I think crows are in free fall, we'll be lucky if West Coast can get enough injuries to counter and beat us!

I still don't know if Lynch, Sloane or the Gov will be here next year however. I still am yet to hear a sufficient reason why they will not be! A silly camp? Who cares. I do not believe some silly camp is the sole reason, but something has gone wrong

fanTCfool

You're telling me West Coast is more of a rival than Port Adelaide?

PowerBug

Quote from: fanTCfool on June 22, 2018, 08:45:38 PM
You're telling me West Coast is more of a rival than Port Adelaide?
We’re on a different level to the Crows :P After next week their rivalcwill be Carlton (no offence mate ;))

RaisyDaisy

Don Pyke press conference at 3:30pm

Trindacut

Best thing they've done all year, getting rid of Collective Minds. Fair chance they'll keep a few of their players who reportedly would walk out if Collective Minds were a part of the next pre-season.

Trindacut

Look at that, day after CM gets dumped, Tom Lynch signs on.

Could just be a coincidence.

tbagrocks

Funny how a supposed Richmond supporter tags into crows boards more than Mitchell finds the footy :P

I was suspecting given his absence that Lynchy was one of those affected by the so called "Training camp" (get over it, you're all grown men ..... ) But now he has re-signed! I suspect that the Gov and Sloane will too, but if they don't.

Crows may end up with 4 or even 5 draft picks inside the top 20! I am hoping they can shuffle a few on to either Carlton Brisbane, pending who finishes last, for the rights to snare Jack Lukosius!

I might even given e have three top 20 picks already in an apparent bumper year, a thread devoted as to who I think the crows will be targeting in the draft! If we cannot or don't try to get higher in the draft, I expect atm they are looking at Connor Rozee and Izac Rankine with what would be our current first pick.

I would expect one of these two to be at 8-12 pick given where we may finish, which will not be higher than 11 imo but, stranger has happened! Richmond did win a flag :o  so who can tell what we can do with Lairdy, Lynchy, Sloaney, Gov, Eddie possible even Smithy back soon!

I mean, how well did everyone expect us to go wth 5-8 A graders out most the year? The media wants to call the "Camp" As the blame whereas, the footballers in media call injuries and lack f confidence after a staggering GF loss as the main reason

Basically as usual I say, the media just suck!

Trindacut

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 24, 2018, 05:59:28 PM
Funny how a supposed Richmond supporter tags into crows boards more than Mitchell finds the footy :P

I was suspecting given his absence that Lynchy was one of those affected by the so called "Training camp" (get over it, you're all grown men ..... ) But now he has re-signed! I suspect that the Gov and Sloane will too, but if they don't.

Either he was affected by it, or he signed a few days ago but wanted to douse the news in the middle of a round of football and follow it up with news of a resigning.... Sounds like the sorta stuff Adelaide would pull.

I mean, how well did everyone expect us to go wth 5-8 A graders out most the year? The media wants to call the "Camp" As the blame whereas, the footballers in media call injuries and lack f confidence after a staggering GF loss as the main reason

Basically as usual I say, the media just suck!

Most teams don't lose 5-8 "A-Graders" to soft tissue injuries because they manage their strength and conditioning better, particularly after Collingwood a couple of years ago. Obviously Crows didn't learn from their mistakes.

Anyway, all said and done it's a good bye weekend for the Crows getting rid of the power ranger stance and signing on Lynchy. Still plenty of time to turn the season around.

jvalles69

I have a theory...

When Phil Walsh passed, it brought the team together stronger than ever, pure emotion and using your teammates to lean on can create a very strong environment, especially when a tragedy occurs.  There is always a massive crash from this which I think is what it happening now.

My reasoning for this theory is that about 5 years ago we were playing ressies footy for my club, one of our promising young 21 years had a heart attack on the field and later that day passed away in hospital.  Was absolutely crushing for the club, as another player had become a paraplegic 3-4 years prior to that.  Some players left because it was too much to take, whilst the rest of us banded together and built a very strong team mentality with everyone playing for each other and attending every event the footy club had that year, from the 18 year old colts all the way up to the pushing 40's group.  Was prob the best year of footy I have ever felt a part of, this continued into the following year, but then slowly the feeling started to dissipate and a lot the younger guys who played with the player who died, started to get jaded and I really think it took about 2+ years for those guys to really feel the effects of his death, not to mention the rest of us that were on the field.

Jay

Can you stop locking our threads every time a troll comes along? Just sort them out and let us discuss our footy team please :)

LF

Quote from: Jay on July 11, 2018, 07:58:07 PM
Can you stop locking our threads every time a troll comes along? Just sort them out and let us discuss our footy team please :)

Admin/HP told us to lock the thread and to keep it locked

Trindacut

Maybe when some of the posters here can grow up the threads won't get locked. I'll keep pointing out that I never attack anyone and I stay on topic. But I won't cop getting abused by trolls

The threads are getting locked because legends like GoLions and tbagrocks just come in and abuse the shower out of me and any opinion I have.

I can't even say that 500k is a lot of money to give up a year (the most in the history of the AFL) without them jumping down my throat.

I'm not doing anything wrong, so either ignore me or get over it because I'm not going anywhere. It dissapoints me that the threads get locked because it's closing down a chance to have a meaningful discussion. If members are attacking other members they should get banned, not lock the thread.

GoLions

Quote from: Trindacut on July 12, 2018, 07:08:44 AM
Maybe when some of the posters here can grow up the threads won't get locked. I'll keep pointing out that I never attack anyone and I stay on topic. But I won't cop getting abused by trolls

The threads are getting locked because legends like GoLions and tbagrocks just come in and abuse the shower out of me and any opinion I have.

I can't even say that 500k is a lot of money to give up a year (the most in the history of the AFL) without them jumping down my throat.

I'm not doing anything wrong, so either ignore me or get over it because I'm not going anywhere. It dissapoints me that the threads get locked because it's closing down a chance to have a meaningful discussion. If members are attacking other members they should get banned, not lock the thread.
Hahahahahahahaha ok mate. When Josh Kelly re-signed with gws, did we speak about how much money he had potentially given up a year? What about when Dusty re-signed, did we talk about it then? Or when every other decent player in the history of all footy players ever have re-signed, what about then? Because i think (and this might just be me, who knows really), that generally when a player of Sloane's calibre re-signs, people generally say something along the lines of "great news for the club and for player x" etc etc.

But then you, in your glorious wisdom, see Sloane (a Crows player) re-sign, and the first thing you talk about is how much money he has given up each year. Nice.

But i think the best part, is after making this pointless and meaningless comment which offers zero value to anybody on this planet, you think someone questioning the point of that comment is "abusing the shower out of you". And you even gave the ol' "Sorry, i forgot that i have to spell things out for you" as well!

Maybe if, and I'm not sure if this is actually possible for you or not, but if one day you said something useful or positive on the Crows board, people wouldn't think you're a massive troll, and treat you as such. Just maybe.

Trindacut

Quote from: GoLions on July 12, 2018, 08:58:34 AM
Quote from: Trindacut on July 12, 2018, 07:08:44 AM

Hahahahahahahaha ok mate. When Josh Kelly re-signed with gws, did we speak about how much money he had potentially given up a year? What about when Dusty re-signed, did we talk about it then? Or when every other decent player in the history of all footy players ever have re-signed, what about then? Because i think (and this might just be me, who knows really), that generally when a player of Sloane's calibre re-signs, people generally say something along the lines of "great news for the club and for player x" etc etc.

But then you, in your glorious wisdom, see Sloane (a Crows player) re-sign, and the first thing you talk about is how much money he has given up each year. Nice.

But i think the best part, is after making this pointless and meaningless comment which offers zero value to anybody on this planet, you think someone questioning the point of that comment is "abusing the shower out of you". And you even gave the ol' "Sorry, i forgot that i have to spell things out for you" as well!

Maybe if, and I'm not sure if this is actually possible for you or not, but if one day you said something useful or positive on the Crows board, people wouldn't think you're a massive troll, and treat you as such. Just maybe.

The comment about how much he's given up is a positive thing for the Crows, how do you not get that? I really am spelling it out for you. I just didn't think anyone would see a comment about how much money he sacrificed as a bad thing for Crows supporters.

When Dusty resigned, everyone commented that he's a legend for giving up 300k a year to stay at the Tigers.

When Kelly resigned, I said it was a smart move because the short contract pushes him out to a point where he'd be in his prime and can fetch more from either GWS or a rival. He'll also be a restricted free agent, which he wasn't when he re-signed.

Do I need to support every comment I make with a history of similar topic comments I make?? What are you suggesting??