2018 Round Thirteen Thread

Started by Jukes, June 11, 2018, 11:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: powersuperkents on June 20, 2018, 09:13:36 PM
Wisconsin Cockerels

B: Dane Rampe, Liam Duggan, Adam Saad, Alex Witherden
M: Gary Ablett Jnr (C), Mitch Duncan (EVC), Luke Shuey, Dayne Zorko, Lachie Whitfield, Caleb Daniel
R: Max Gawn (VC)
F: Jack Billings, Mark LeCras, Bayley Fritsch, Charlie Curnow
U: Luke Dunstan, Touk Miller, Jaeger O'Meara

E: David Mackay (M), Darcy Tucker (M/F), David Astbury (B), Hayden Crozier (sub)

Jukes

Score Updates pre-Collingwood and Carlton

Brooklyn: 1504 add Cripps (VC)*
Carolina: 1441 add Grundy, Casboult, and sub (currently 60->75)
*I've assumed Cripps won't score low enough (sub-45) to be subbed off and the HGA. Very close game, NBH with the edge but if big Levi gets loose...

Boston: 1298 add Howe, Mullett, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, D. Thomas, and HGA (currently 21)
Las Vegas: 1751 add De Goey
Interesting game here. Vegas with the points on the board and should put up a good score of 120+, while Boston certainly have the manpower to get close to them. VCs Neale (159) and Fyfe (154) lead the way for sure!

Anaheim: 1963
Chicago: 1667 add Fisher and Cox
It's not impossible but Chicago PROBABLY don't win this one. Hodge's 164 will get the plaudits for Anaheim but it really was a great team performance as they look towards finals.

Quito: 1308 add E. Curnow (C), Phillips (VC), and Langdon*
Ottawa: 1319 add Treloar (CC)*
*I've also assumed none of Curnow, Phillips, and Langdon will score sub-40, and Treloar won't score sub-13. Three scores below 30, including CC Webster's 13, have cruelled Ottawa as they'll probably have six centurions, including sub Gowers - Ottawa imho have had the best sub scores this season just about. Quito deserved some good luck however, and will probably score another solid 1700+ score.

San Francisco: 1511 add Adams
Colorado: 1464 add Scharenberg
We've been bad and they've been good, but surely we can't choke away this one at this point? Due for some good luck. Douglas 9 though, smh.

Wisconsin: 1725 add C. Curnow
Houston: 1254 add Crisp, Simpson (VC), Hoskin-Elliott, and Kreuzer
No giant performance for Houston this time as Wisconsin will most likely get the win here, thanks to a big 137 from sub Crozier (and 140 by some guy named Gawn).

fanTCfool

Ottawa very unlucky, a full game from Webster as CC would've really made a match of it. Though, as Jukesy said, we did deserve some good luck, unfortunately it came at the expense of our similarly placed competitors.

Jukes

New Brooklyn Hawks 18.11.119 defeated Carolina Panthers 16.13.109
(Real: 1785 vs 1629)

Very good win by the Hawks, set up by Ben Brown and finished in style by Patrick Cripps as VC. Carolina weren't awful but will need more than one 90+ score by their midfield to go far in finals.

Best
Brooklyn: Cripps, Brown, Dumont
Carolina: Kelly, Grundy, Menegola

Boston Terriers 19.10.124 defeated Las Vegas Sinners 19.9.123
(Real: 1867 vs 1839)

Big win by Boston on the back of a big final game, with their players having three of the top four scores from Collingwood-Carlton along with solid scores by Mullett and Thomas.

Best
Boston: Neale, Pendlebury, Goldstein, Sidebottom, Howe, Selwood, Redden
Las Vegas: Fyfe, Lloyd, Mitchell, Westhoff, Hewett

Anaheim Mighty Ducks 20.11.131 defeated Chicago Sharks 18.10.118
(Real: 1963 vs 1775)

Probably a bit unlucky for the Sharks to lose this one, but that's just fantasy footy. As I said earlier, Hodge's 164 will get the plaudits for Anaheim but it really was a great team performance as they look towards finals.

Best
Anaheim: Hodge, Bellchambers, Smith, Merrett, Dangerfield, Heppell
Chicago: Sicily, Gaff, Yeo, Kennedy, Oliver, Wallis, Ryder, Hurn

Quito Quetzals 17.12.114 defeated Ottawa Otters 15.9.99
(Real: 1705 vs 1485)

Went over this match pretty conclusively earlier - Ottawa unlucky to have both of their CCs get injured in their games (for 13 and 95) but Quito deserves some luck, lead well by both veterans Higgins, Breust (who's quietly having a very good season) and Rich and the younger Ross and Phillips.

Best
Quito: Ross, Breust, Higgins, Rich
Ottawa: Gowers, McEvoy, Shiels, Cunnington, Grigg

San Francisco Grizzlies 15.16.106 defeated Colorado Avalanche 15.14.104
(Real: 1597 vs 1567)

Ugh, probably don't deserve this one. Douglas scoring 9 from 13 disposals is nearly-ridiculous (although he did have 10 clangers lel), while Stef could only manage 68 as CC up against the daunting Dawson Simpson in the ruck. I think this is my second win scoring sub-1600 but I've had at least 5 losses scoring 1700+.

Best
San Francisco: Viney, Shaw, Goddard, Steven
Colorado: Harbrow, Blicavs, Polec, Blakely

Wisconsin Cockerels 19.8.122 defeated Houston Bombers 17.11.113
(Real: 1835 vs 1698)

No huge score for the Bombers this week (although it probably should've been higher due to Kreuzer's injury, but I guess they had a fair few big outliers last time they played Wisconsin). Curnow's 110 wasn't needed by the Cockerels but they'll take it to finish off the round anyway. Billings' return to form is a good sign for them, while could Crozier develop into a solid scorer?

Best
Wisconsin: Gawn, Crozier, O'Meara, Curnow, Saad, Billings
Houston: Simpson, Crisp, Hoskin-Elliott, Rance, Beams, Hooker

Pkbaldy

The Hawks weaseling their way through.