WXV Round 12: Will Cairo sink the Destroyers?

Started by Purple 77, June 05, 2018, 08:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

ROLLING LOCKOUT

This means you can change your team in-between games. Exactly like SC. However, keep in mind that loopholing is no longer allowed.

Please make a new post if you change your team (well, at least from after the bounce on Friday night)! Else I might not pick the change up.

For your reference, this is how the next 3 weeks is panning out!

WXV Round 10
WXV Round 12
WXV Representative Round

AFL Round 12

Friday Night
Port Adelaide v Richmond

Saturday
Geelong v North Melbourne
GWS v Gold Coast
St Kilda v Sydney

Sunday
Brisbane v Essendon
Fremantle v Adelaide

Monday
Melbourne v Collingwood

AFL Round 13

Thursday Night
Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs

Friday Night
Sydney v West Coast

Saturday
Carlton v Fremantle
Gold Coast v St Kilda
Hawthorn v Adelaide

Sunday
Geelong v Richmond

AFL Round 14

Thursday Night
West Coast v Essendon

Friday Night
Port Adelaide v Melbourne

Saturday
Hawthorn v Gold Coast
Brisbane v GWS
Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne

Sunday
Collingwood v Carlton

Round 12, AFL Round 12 + AFL Round 13 scores from Carlton, Hawthorn, West Coast, Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide + Gold Coast

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
Cairo SandsDublin DestroyersBorg El Arab Stadium2  v  4
PNL ReindeersNew Delhi TigersState de France, EurAsia4  v  3
Seoul MagpiesBeijing ThunderSeoul World Cup Stadium, EurAsia, Asia3  v  3
Tokyo SamuraiPacific IslandersTokyo Olympic Stadium0  v  6
Buenos Aires ArmadillosBerlin BrewersEstadio de River4  v  2
Christchurch SaintsRio de Janeiro JaguarsAMI Stadium, AAP Alliance1  v  2
Mexico City SunsCape Town CobrasFireball Stadium, AAP Alliance8  v  1
New York RevolutionMoscow SpetsnazMetLife Stadium, Peace Cup3  v  3
Toronto WolvesLondon RoyalsRogers Centre3  v  3

Written by Adamant. Thanks Ada!

At the start of the season I predicted Dublin to scrape into the top 8 on percentage at the end of the home and away season, and they aren't letting me down. They currently sit in 8th place on the ladder, 2.78% clear of the Revolution. Although with a highly likely, and extremely amusing loss to Buenos Aires yet to be reflected in the ladder, and a run home that includes Berlin, Seoul and the volatile Tokyo, you'd have to say that they have roughly a 3.14% chance of making finals in 2018. After failing to register a score above 130 across the first 7 rounds of the season, the Sands have gone bang with an average of 141 over the past month, which includes a top score of 155. However, injuries to the in-form duo of David Zaharakis and Mitch Robinson are a big blow to a side that is already lacking leadership and against a Dublin outfit with no notable outs. Despite this, they will still have enough in the tank to end Pie's season right here. Cairo in a canter.

After a somewhat shaky start to the season in which they went 0-2, New Delhi have quietly gone about winning 7 of their past 8 games (and 8 of their past 9 once round 10 is completed), and if they can get boom recruit Dan Hannebery up and going in the second half of the season, that will make them all the more potent. It's hard to find many positives to come out of PNL this season, but Luke Ryan is certainly one of them. New Delhi by lots.

3rd vs 6th, #8 for points scored vs #4th for points scored, this is my MATCH OF THE ROUND! (I've always wanted to say that). 'Jing's incredible 9-game winning streak game to an end last week in a narrow loss to the Tigers, where had spud Rockliff just scored a measly 55 points, would still be undefeated since round 2 despite scoring over 150 just once in this period (although if Wines, Rockliff and Jonas combine for 279 this weekend that would make it twice). Seoul themselves have only scored 150+ twice in the past 10 weeks, and although have been extremely consistent, appear to have lost their high ceiling. Injuries? sure. But being the #1 reserves team for points scored I don't think that's a valid excuse. An all-important top 4 spot is up for grabs here, but who wants it more? I think Dangerfield is well and truly due and with that I think Seoul will get up.

Tokyo are without a doubt the most unpredictable team in the competition, scoring in the low-120s for weeks on end before pulling a 140+ score out of their ass. That makes them a potential danger for any team they come up against, despite their mediocrity. The Islanders just continue doing what they do, consistently scoring above 140. They currently sit at #2 for points scored (behind Toronto) and don't look like slowing down anytime soon. Is this the year Tokyo finally do something of relevance by taking a big scalp and catapulting themselves into the 8? I don't think so. Pacific here.

The Brewers have been flying under the radar in 2018 but currently sit in 2nd place on the ladder despite choosing the wrong captain just about every week. However, Lever going down with an ACL is a cruel blow to an already troublesome backline. They also could have done without their star midfielder hitting a flying forearm and getting himself rubbed out. He certainly doesn't possess the discipline of a guy like Jesse Hogan. You'd have to say that Buenos Aires are exceeding expectations having already netted 3 (likely 4) wins by round 12, and would no doubt be getting a kick out of watching their gun kids develop every week. They just aren't on Berlin's level... yet. Brewers for me.

The Saints have barely got out of second gear this season but have still managed to pick up important wins and now find themselves sitting inside the top 4 with six rounds to go. Interesting stat, they average 143 with Gary Ablett Jnr in the side compared to 132 without him. It is pretty clear that the little master is the barometer for the side, and you get the feeling they'll be looking to perfectly time their run into finals. The Jags, like any developing side, have been fairly inconsistent but are still capable of going 140+ on their day, and will need Angus Brayshaw to continue his rich vein of form if they are any chance to do so this week. Christchurch will be too strong though.

The Cobras are perhaps the most disappointing side of 2018 behind Moscow in my opinion, I certainly didn't pick them to be bottom 4 coming into the season. On the plus side an early draft pick will be beneficial for them to do trades such as Dion Prestia + Pick 4 for Mitch Duncan. barbies. The Suns have found a bit of form with three scores of 130+ in the last five weeks but really, have probably already started counting down the days until the trade period opens so they can bring in guns like Weitering. Cape Town for me.

The Revolution have performed pretty much as expected in 2018. A middle of the road side capable of taking some scalps, but also losing some winnable games and currently sit in 9th place. Their recent form has been reasonably solid however, averaging 144* over their past 5 games (*if Ryder and Houston score their respective averages this week) and have a real chance of ousting Pie on the run home and making the 8 in the process. Moscow's recent form has been very good, scoring 155 and 152 over the past two weeks and showing exactly why I predicted them to make the top 6 at the start of the season. That's not going to happen thanks to a disappointing start to the season (they weren't scoring terribly mind you) but they WILL cause some damage to contending teams over the last six rounds, and I think it's going to start with New York. Moscow in a tight one.

Toronto's season to date has been nothing short of dominant and the boys will get a well-deserved rest with the bye this weekend. The week off will be spent scouting the players representing the AAP Alliance before I select and assemble the greatest team ever seen in WXV history next week.

Purple 77

Also, OH GOD NO FYFE!

Purple 77

Nige

We're missing Zaha, Robbo, probably a ruck and maybe Clugg, we have no hope ahaha.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on June 05, 2018, 11:28:02 PM
We're missing Zaha, Robbo, probably a ruck and maybe Clugg, we have no hope ahaha.

Not sure i agree

I could score 160 or 115 especially if i get any unexpected outs

Rance Tmac Omac Davis
Crouch (C) Jelwood Dmart Holman
Goldstien
Jroo Hoff Gunston Hawkins
Henry Daw

Xxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx

Toga

Beijing Thunder:
D: Brandon Ellis, Tom Jonas, Tom Cutler, Sam Mayes
M: Dayne Zorko (C), Callan Ward, Lachie Neale, Ollie Wines
R: Brodie Grundy (VC)
F: Josh Caddy, Kane Lambert, Luke Breust, Taylor Walker
IC: Tom Rockliff, Daniel Howe

Emg: Matt Guelfi (fwd), Nathan Broad (def), Mason Cox (fwd/ruc)

Ricochet

There's always hope against Pie Dublin

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on June 06, 2018, 12:04:26 PM

unless your NDT

Round 1 2018: Dublin Destroyers (24.8.152) def New Delhi Tigers (22.9.141)
Finals Week 1 2017: New Delhi Tigers (23.11.149) lost to Dublin Destroyers (25.8.158)
Round 1 2017: Dublin Destroyers (24.9.153) def New Delhi Tigers (21.10.136)

I could go on

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on June 06, 2018, 12:43:30 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 06, 2018, 12:04:26 PM

unless your NDT

Round 1 2018: Dublin Destroyers (24.8.152) def New Delhi Tigers (22.9.141)
Finals Week 1 2017: New Delhi Tigers (23.11.149) lost to Dublin Destroyers (25.8.158)
Round 1 2017: Dublin Destroyers (24.9.153) def New Delhi Tigers (21.10.136)

I could go on
ummmm excuse you...

Round 2...

Dublin Destroyers         16.7.103     lst.    20.6.126         New Delhi Tigers

You even had HGA and still got smashed

RaisyDaisy

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 06, 2018, 01:41:02 PM
2012 lol  ;D

Last time NDT beat Dublin

Nobody had heard of Kony
Jullia Gillard was in office
Gangham Style and Call Me Maybe was yet to hit the world

and the last one

New Dehli had its best ever coach - Fishersaints - The only coach of NDT to beat Dublin

Adamant

Holz

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 05, 2018, 08:54:32 PM
Also, OH GOD NO FYFE!
Worst possible round to have no Fyfe too ;)

upthemaidens

Could be without Laird this week.   Toyko with HGA are certainly capable of getting a winning score, we have to be switched on.
    Pacific really can't afford to lose anymore games, need a big win to keep the percentage healthy.