Vacant Coaching Position - Oxford Owls.

Started by Ringo, May 30, 2018, 02:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Vinny has decided to relinquish his position as coach of Oxford Owls and we thank him for his efforts over the years.

As per our Rules we have to advertise all vacant coaching positions so I am now opening up the coaching position for Oxford Owls

Britiush xv's use a customised Ultimate Footy scoring system and as such successful applicant will be required to furnish administrators an email address so they can be given access to UF .

Rules for British xv in this thread:

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,70282.0.html

You are required to apply in this thread detailing your experience, brief resume and any comments on the Magic Team. and improvement strategy

Current OwlsTeam:

Def: Sam Docherty (Carl), Kade Kolodjashnij (GC), Jason Johannisen (WB), Zach Tuohy (Geel), Thomas Jonas (Port), Patrick Ambrose (Ess), Zach Guthrie (Geel), Kieran Collins (WB), Bailey Williams (WB), Sam McLarty (Coll), Sam Taylor (GWS)

Mid: Scott Pendlebury (Coll), Bryce Gibbs (Adel), Oliver Wines (Port), Stephen Hill (Fre), Jaeger O'Meara (Haw), Koby Stevens (StK), Cam Ellis-Yolmen (Adel)

Ruck: Ben McEvoy (Haw), Aaron Sandilands (Fre), Jonathon Ceglar (Haw)

Fwd: Jack Gunston (Haw), Michael Barlow (M) (GC), Ryan Lester (M) (Bris), Tom Hawkins (Geel), Eddie Betts (Adel), Allen Christensen (Bris), Lin Jong (M) (WB), Sam Lloyd (Rich), Jack Redpath (WB), Tim O'Brien (Haw), Darcy Fogarty (M) (Adel), Elliott Himmelberg (Adel), Cameron Polson (Carl), Pat Kerr (Carl), Mitchell Lewis (Haw), Liam Ryan (WC)

Applications to be submitted in this thread and will close Midnight Wednesday 6th June.

Feel free to PM myself or GoLions if further information is required.

SilverLion

After much deliberation, I've decided to formally apply for the vacant coaching position of the Oxford Owls.

My experience with AFL fantasy related competitions is currently limited only to SuperCoach, having started in 2014, with my ranking gradually improving over the years to reflect my growing interest in the game. I currently aim to watch as much footy as I can, as I find it helps to take my mind off the stress of day-to-day life. I generally am able to watch around 5-6 matches a week, only missing out on those that are on at the same time, as I don't re-watch already completed matches all that often (except for Lions' games ;)). I am currently the assistant coach of killbluff1985's Anaheim Mighty Ducks in the America's XVIII Supercoach Competition. Having only started helping recently, my experience is very minimal in the format, however I have been able to learn and develop an understanding as to the system of FF's XVs and XVIIIs competitions, which I believe would hold me in good stead as head coach of the Oxford Owls. However, I am completely new to Ultimate Footy's scoring system, but from what I can gather it doesn't appear to differ all that much from SC so I hope that I would be able to adjust reasonably quickly to the new format.

Regarding the Owls' list, I see it as a promising prospect. Having won the British XVs competition as recently as 2016, I believe the list is in very good shape and one which is certain to competitive this year irrespective of the coach.

Oxford Owls' best starting XV for 2018:

Defence: Thomas Jonas, Zach Tuohy, Jason Johanissen, Bailey Williams
Midfield: Scott Pendlebury (C), Bryce Gibbs (VC), Oliver Wines (EVC), Jaeger O'Meara
Ruck: Aaron Sandilands
Forward: Jack Gunston, Tom Hawkins, Eddie Betts, Allen Christensen
Utilities: Cam Ellis-Yolmen (Mid), Ben McEvoy (Ruck)
Emergencies: Ryan Lester (Forward/Midfield), Stephen Hill (Midfield), Patrick Ambrose (Defence), Sam Lloyd (Forward)

If my understanding of the XVs format is correct, then in the case of Sandilands being out, McEvoy would replace him as first ruck, with one of the emergencies taking McEvoy's position as a utility and as such a ruckman is not needed as an emergency.

Due to Sam Docherty rupturing his ACL he's unfortunately unavailable for the Owls' best XV in 2018, but will be a welcomed addition in 2019 as a certain starter and potential Captain/Vice-Captain option.

My plan for the side going forward would be to focus on recruiting midfielders and forwards. The mids of the side, despite looking elite, seems to lack depth, with only 7 designated midfielders on the list. The forward line on the other hand has the most depth, but many of the better forwards are getting towards the end of their careers and as a result the side will need to be topped up with forwards to avoid having to play first years in the starting XV. Additionally, there is a slight concern over the side's ruck stocks, with McEvoy and Sandilands both being 30+ and Ceglar not a certainty to become the Hawks' no. 1 ruck in the coming years, it seems that recruiting an additional young ruckman would be a wise investment.

Looking towards the future, the side does seem to have very talented youth, with Bailey Williams, Tim O'Brien, Darcy Fogarty and Liam Ryan all potential looking like 150+ game players, along with many more that haven't yet had an opportunity at the highest level.

Thanks for taking the time to read and consider my application :)

kilbluff1985

SL seems keen and dedicated to get into the keeper league game would get my vote

has been helpful for me in ASC with Anaheim

Nige

Might wanna check how many midfielders you're naming there SL.  :P

iZander

Quote from: Nige on May 31, 2018, 04:02:50 PM
I reckon if you can get away with 5 mids go ahead, i remember nige trying out only 3 last year :P

SilverLion

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 31, 2018, 02:26:34 PM
SL seems keen and dedicated to get into the keeper league game would get my vote

has been helpful for me in ASC with Anaheim
Thanks kb :)

Quote from: iZander on May 31, 2018, 04:04:26 PM
I reckon if you can get away with 5 mids go ahead, i remember nige trying out only 3 last year :P
Haha cheers guys, didn't notice. Naturally thought there was more mids than forwards/defenders :P

Nige

Quote from: iZander on May 31, 2018, 04:04:26 PM
11/10 do not recommend tbh.

nas

Ringo

With only one nomination I am happy to appoint Silver Lion as coach of the Oxford Owls.

Congratulations Silver Lion can you PM or GoLions with your email address so we can give you access to the team via UF, Any other queries please feel free to PM either of us.

nas

Quote from: Ringo on June 08, 2018, 09:48:13 AM
With only one nomination I am happy to appoint Silver Lion as coach of the Oxford Owls.

Congratulations Silver Lion can you PM or GoLions with your email address so we can give you access to the team via UF, Any other queries please feel free to PM either of us.

Welcome SilverLion.

SilverLion

Quote from: nas on June 08, 2018, 09:50:38 AM
Quote from: Ringo on June 08, 2018, 09:48:13 AM

Welcome SilverLion.
Cheers guys :)

Sent you a PM Ringo.

iZander

SydneyRox

SilverLion

Quote from: iZander on June 08, 2018, 10:21:45 AM
Quote from: nas on June 08, 2018, 09:50:38 AM
Welcome SilverLion.

Quote from: SydneyRox on June 08, 2018, 01:01:09 PM
Congrats SL - lets talk trades!! :P

Thanks guys :)