WXV Round 11: Mighty Moscow

Started by Purple 77, May 29, 2018, 08:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Normal week :) a reminder that Port Adelaide and Gold Coast players count for this round, and not last week. This week is pure you might say!

Round 11, AFL Round 11

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
Dublin DestroyersPNL ReindeersCrooke Park, EurAsia, Europe5  v  3
New Delhi TigersBeijing ThunderTata Stadium, EurAsia, Asia, Billions Cup4  v  2
Cape Town CobrasSeoul MagpiesNewlands Cricket Ground4  v  2
London RoyalsPacific IslandersLondon Olympic Stadium2  v  4
Tokyo SamuraiBerlin BrewersTokyo Olympic Stadium, EurAsia2  v  4
Christchurch SaintsBuenos Aires ArmadillosAMI Stadium, AAP Alliance2  v  1
Rio de Janeiro JaguarsNew York RevolutionMaracana Stadium, AAP Alliance, Americas3  v  2
Toronto WolvesMexico City SunsRogers Centre, AAP Alliance, Americas, North America Cup1  v  5
Moscow SpetsnazCairo SandsLuzhniki Stadium3  v  3

Dublin you feel should account for the Reindeers, despite a nervous struggle in progress against the Dillos.

Two former cellar dwellers-turned-finals certainties go head to head in a match-up full of history. I think New Delhi will get up.

Cape Town might be a sneaky chance here against the slightly misfiring Magpies. But perhaps those misfiring days are over with the return of Kelly? Seoul for me.

The Royals will continue to work on their development as the Islanders run to big score.

Easily Berlin's most despised team, with a history of performing well against me and also drafting Smith & Fritsch a pick before mine. Tokyo probably get up... they have a form-line suggesting they could very well do that.

Parker v Dow, Brayshaw & Cerra. Parker will win now, but not for much longer. Perhaps that's the trajectory for these two teams?

Rio has had a recent habit of having players go above a beyond being cancelled out by... passengers. I feel like the Revolution comparative team-wide consistency will be telling.

This week should be as easy as beating Mosc... oh. Suns, draw inspiration from them I say!

Without a doubt, this game is my MATCH OF THE ROUND! These two teams seem destined to be the highest scorers of the previous round; having blinders seemingly out of nowhere. It's almost comical that they'll be fighting each other to ensure they don't get the spoon. I'll back Cairo though, as they have had a few more 140+ scores than the Spetsnaz. Can this game be a 300+ blockbuster? I sure as hell hope so!

Nige

meow meow

Quote from: Nige on May 29, 2018, 08:20:15 PM
Moscow v Cairo MOTR surely

Has to be. The ramifications are enormous. I mean Cairo might finish 4th last instead of 3rd last if they win this one.

Torpedo10

Toga

Big grudge match between NDT & Beijing! I've liked seeing how our two teams progress in comparison to one another over the past few years

Toga

BEIJING THUNDER:
D: Tom Jonas, Brandon Ellis, Tom Cutler, Roarke Smith
M: Lachie Neale (VC), Callan Ward, Ollie Wines, Dayne Zorko
R: Brodie Grundy (C)
F: Josh Caddy, Kane Lambert, Luke Breust, Daniel Butler
IC: Tom Rockliff, Daniel Howe

Emg: Matt Guelfi (f), Nathan Broad (d), Mason Cox (r/f)

Jukes

upthemaidens

Hurley should be back, feels like a 1500+ is due.   Not needed against London, but percentage is always important.

Nige

Torpedo10

Quote from: upthemaidens on May 30, 2018, 11:25:40 AM
Hurley should be back, feels like a 1500+ is due.   Not needed against London, but percentage is always important.
Careful.

I bet that's what Ada thought last Thursday night.  ;)

Adamant

Quote from: Torpedo10 on May 30, 2018, 10:20:33 PM
Careful.

Wrong.

Quote from: Adamant on March 22, 2018, 05:24:03 PM
Moscow to finish 6th.

Big difference. Moscow have a decent list and were always capable of a score like that if everyone performed as they should. London do not and haven't scored 135+ since round 2 last year. They would need Titch and Laird to simultaneously tear their ACL's in the first minute of the game to have any chance at all, and even then I would still back in the Islanders.

Now prove me wrong Ringo.

Boomz

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 29, 2018, 08:14:35 PM

Easily Berlin's most despised team, with a history of performing well against me and also drafting Smith & Fritsch a pick before mine. Tokyo probably get up... they have a form-line suggesting they could very well do that.

Pretty tempted to play both those guys  :P I think you'll smash me though.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Torpedo10 on May 30, 2018, 10:20:33 PM
Careful.

Honestly London would be better off resting a starter and trying to win their next round.

Nige

K A R E N

Shane Savage, Jeremy McGovern, Tom Stewart, Nick Vlastuin
Dayne Beams (vc), Taylor Adams, David Zaharakis (evc), Ricky Henderson
Andrew McGrath (oop)
Ben Brown, Rory Lobb, Mitch Robinson (c), Mitch Honeychurch
Sam Kerridge, Hugh McCluggage

Bailey Rice, Mav Weller, Wylie Buzza

Purple 77