Main Menu

Rising Star 2018

Started by jvalles69, May 28, 2018, 02:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

What are peoples thoughts on this award close to the halfway mark?  I'd say Doedee is leading by a bit, but there are some good players getting a good number of games this season.

GoLions

Pkbaldy

At the moment i'd choose Stephenson.

quinny88

Probably have Doedee and Stephenson 1 & 2 at the moment but if Ronke continues his form he will make a case

Ringo

Sam Murray also making a case.

SilverLion

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: quinny88 on May 31, 2018, 04:37:31 PM
Probably have Doedee and Stephenson 1 & 2 at the moment but if Ronke continues his form he will make a case

+1 Doedee for me, with Stephenson a close second

Doedee plays like a veteran in a very tough position - super impressed with him

I remember when Adelaide picked him a lot of people wondered wtf - he's proven the doubters of then wrong that's for sure

Pkbaldy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 06, 2018, 10:20:33 PM

I remember when Adelaide picked him a lot of people wondered wtf - he's proven the doubters of then wrong that's for sure

Well at the time, he was the 3rd string defender at the Geelong Falcons at TAC Cup level (Weitering + Collins above him). And I knew the one thing he had over Collins was his reading of the ball, which this year he has really shown that. I remember doubting the choice myself... Don't mind being proven wrong.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 07, 2018, 08:49:27 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 06, 2018, 10:20:33 PM

Well at the time, he was the 3rd string defender at the Geelong Falcons at TAC Cup level (Weitering + Collins above him). And I knew the one thing he had over Collins was his reading of the ball, which this year he has really shown that. I remember doubting the choice myself... Don't mind being proven wrong.
always reminds me of this thread. love it

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/so-seriously-this-doobee-fella-we-blew-a-pick-on.1118154/

jvalles69

Well if you like Doedee, now's the time to get on, he's 3rd/4th fave on betting odds.  I suspect they'll give it to a Vic based player though...  ::)

Nige

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 07, 2018, 12:37:50 PM
Well if you like Doedee, now's the time to get on, he's 3rd/4th fave on betting odds.  I suspect they'll give it to a Vic based player though...  ::)
It's funny you say this, the past 10 winners:

Rhys Palmer (Freo)
Daniel Rich (Lions)
Dan Hannebery (Swans)
Dyson Heppell (Bombers)
Daniel Talia (Crows)
Jaeger O'Meara (Suns)
Lewis Taylor (Lions)
Jesse Hogan (Dees)
Callum Mills (Swans)
Andrew McGrath (Bombers)

7 of the last 10 have been from non-Vic teams. This is one area where Vic bias isn't a thing.  :P

Plus 8/15 nominees so far in 2018 are from non-Vic teams as well.

PowerBug

Yeah but last year was a Vic bias pick :P #SPP

shaker

Quote from: Nige on July 07, 2018, 12:59:25 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 07, 2018, 12:37:50 PM
It's funny you say this, the past 10 winners:

Rhys Palmer (Freo)
Daniel Rich (Lions)
Dan Hannebery (Swans)
Dyson Heppell (Bombers)
Daniel Talia (Crows)
Jaeger O'Meara (Suns)
Lewis Taylor (Lions)
Jesse Hogan (Dees)
Callum Mills (Swans)
Andrew McGrath (Bombers)

7 of the last 10 have been from non-Vic teams. This is one area where Vic bias isn't a thing.  :P

Plus 8/15 nominees so far in 2018 are from non-Vic teams as well.
Ha ha looking at that I think they will give to a non vic biased sorry meant based player  ;D