WXV Round 10: Tokyo's Turn?

Started by Purple 77, May 22, 2018, 08:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Alrighty!

Gold Coast and Port Adelaide have the bye this week. Now, consistent with last year, I've decided to keep next week (AFL Round 11, WXV Round 11) intact, so that all players play and score in that round. I will be getting the scores from AFL Round 12 (the first bye week) to complete this round i.e. Gold Coast & Port Adelaide scores for this round (WXV Round 10) come from AFL Round 12.

Which means, we have no realistic way of knowing who will be available to play for Port Adelaide & Gold Coast. Therefore, if you name a Port Adelaide or Gold Coast player - and they don't play - your XV will be adjusted accordingly and you'll automatically get the next player on your list added to your emergencies.

For example, I name Charlie Dixon at F3 in the following team submission:

D: Michael Hibberd, Luke Hodge, Dane Rampe, Jake Lever
M: Nat Fyfe, Josh P Kennedy, Nathan Jones, Brendon Goddard
R: Max Gawn
F: Lance Franklin, Michael Walters, Charlie Dixon, Daniel Menzel
U: Jack Viney, Zak Jones
E: Matthew Wright, Liam Picken, Ryan Bastinac

Alas, it turns out he doesn't play. In this case, the XV will adjust accordingly, by moving Dan Menzel to F3, Matt Wright to F4, Picken to E1, Bastinac to E2, and based off my list preferences, Sam Frost will become my new E3.

The new E3 will be a player that has already played for you, not just whomever is next on your list. A more realistic example would be Michael Johnson coming in at E3, instead of Sam Frost who didn't play.

If you have any questions, either PM me, or post in the thread :)

Round 10, AFL Round 10 + AFL Round 12 scores from Port Adelaide + Gold Coast

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
Dublin DestroyersBuenos Aires ArmadillosCrooke Park5  v  2
Rio de Janeiro JaguarsNew Delhi TigersMaracana Stadium2  v  2
Mexico City SunsSeoul MagpiesFireball Stadium4  v  2
Beijing ThunderPacific IslandersBeijing Olympic Park0  v  6
Cape Town CobrasBerlin BrewersNewlands Cricket Ground3  v  4
New York RevolutionChristchurch SaintsMetLife Stadium, AAP Alliance1  v  2
Moscow SpetsnazToronto WolvesLuzhniki Stadium4  v  3
Cairo SandsLondon RoyalsBorg El Arab Stadium3  v  3
PNL ReindeersTokyo SamuraiStade de Gerland, EurAsia4  v  2

Dublin need their players ASAP, but given they scored 140+ with just 15 available last week, perhaps ASAP turns into next week. The Dillos would be hurting after last week's loss by a resting bonus, but they could catch Dublin on an off day. Still, Destroyers for me.

Rio notched an important win over Moscow on the back of inspired leadership from unlikely suspects McKernan and Hall. The Tigers however, have leadership in spades and none are performing much better than Darling at the moment. New Delhi should get the W here.

The Suns came back to earth last week; letting a rare opportunity at win slip against the Royals in a low scoring affair. The Suns just need to get back to 130+ before they think about getting wins again, and that's what they should aim for against Seoul. The Magpies have hit a lean month themselves; going at 1-3 despite 3 scores of 140+. A win is a must here, and they should get it.

The 'Jing have actually won 8 games in a row. That's nuts. The team that has heartbreakingly missed finals in the past couple of seasons is just 2-3 more wins away from doing so! The Islanders have now lost to Seoul, Dublin and New Delhi. Sure, the win against Toronto was important, but that's worrying going into finals. It's likely they'll see Beijing there, so this game is important. I'll back the Islanders to do it.

The Cobras, honestly, are unlucky to only have 1 win in the past 7 weeks with an average of 129. They certainly don't deserve to finish in the bottom 4, but they'll need to win another game or two to avoid it. The Brewers have so far had 6 of their 8 home games, and are about to have 5 away games in a row. They'll need to up their game accordingly. I back us.

These two teams are looking to cement a higher reputation, and is my MATCH OF THE ROUND! In the last 4 weeks, in no particular order, we've seen a 120+ score, 130+, 140+ and 150+ score from New York. The players have returned, so what are New York? Top 4 contenders? A clear 5-8th team? Or stuck on the fringes? The fans are just demanding consistency! The Saints are  coming off their biggest win in a long time; top scoring for the week against the Destroyers themselves. Keep this up, and they could be our new top 4 favourites, and good things are achieved from there. The Saints for me.

Moscow just can't buy a win at the moment. For a team averaging 131 per game, it's ridiculous to see they've only won one game. That scoring range serves other teams so well, but not Moscow. Right now, the Wolves look unstoppable. There's not a lot more to say. Toronto for me.

The Sands have an oddly consistent pattern; they win when they score 130+. So two times, so far, both of which were 140+. It's an interesting team, because they haven't had capitulations like the other teams in the bottom 6. London, being one of them, have often scored below 120, but still managed to get a win - much to the envy of their other bottom 6 teams. I think Cairo have the consistency here, they'll get up.

PNL had their best performance of the year last week, with a respectable 130+ against Toronto. Keep that up, and they might just start to notch spoon-avoiding wins! But, they come up against the master coach Boomz this week, who oversaw the first time a resting bonus deciding a game. What hope does PNL have now? Tokyo for me.

Purple 77

A reminder that you can update your list preferences in preparation for this round, and for the season ahead :) it will lock out for the rest of the year at the opening bounce on Friday night.

Ringo

Think I have it right but just to be certain say I name Jesse Lonergan from Suns as he is getting close to returning from injury. So if he does not play in Rd 12 I get say Cousins score who was named as first emergency from Rd 10 correct or not. Realise there will be Utilities but say I have no mids as emergencies to simplify,

Purple 77

Quote from: Ringo on May 22, 2018, 09:13:33 PM
Think I have it right but just to be certain say I name Jesse Lonergan from Suns as he is getting close to returning from injury. So if he does not play in Rd 12 I get say Cousins score who was named as first emergency from Rd 10 correct or not. Realise there will be Utilities but say I have no mids as emergencies to simplify,

Correct :)

Purple 77

Levi434

My favourite week of the year! I love this bye stuff!  ::)

GoLions

Kate Upton Cobras

Team Format: Traditional

D: Callum Mills, Luke McDonald, Jack Bowes, Jake Carlisle
M: Brad Ebert, Ben Cunnington, Touk Miller, Mitch Duncan
R: Toby Nankervis
F: Kieren Jack, Alex Neal-Bullen, Darcy Lang, Ben Ainsworth
U: Tom Papley, David Mackay
E: Jaidyn Stephenson, Lewis Taylor, Aaron Mullett

C: Mitch Duncan
VC: Ben Cunnington
RP: Kieren Jack
NR: Mark Blicavs

upthemaidens

Beijing have had an easy draw so far with Pacific, New Delhi and Seoul coming up in the next 3 weeks. 

Over at the Islanders we saw the return of Sam Gibson and the locking down of the U1 spot.   Fasolo came and went.  Hurley close to a return.
   I feel like we're due for a big score soon, the Ah Chee/Motlop disaster is unlikely to happen again.  1500+ and start a winning streak.

GoLions

Holz

Rance tmac omac may
Dusty (C) Selwood (vc) Crouch Hill
Jroo hawkins hoff gunston
Holman henry

Lewis, daw, preuss

Nige

Karen

Shane Savage, Jeremy McGovern, Tom Stewart, Nick Vlastuin
Dayne Beams, Taylor Adams (cc), David Zaharakis, Ricky Henderson
Andrew McGrath (oop)
Ben Brown (cc), Rory Lobb, Mitch Robinson, Hugh McCluggage
Sam Kerridge, Bailey Rice

Brandon White, Mark Hutchings, Ben Stratton

meow meow

CHRISTCHURCH SAINTS

B: Shaw, McVeigh, Wilson, Andrews
M: Gibbs, Ablett (C), Griffen, Parker (vc)
R: Sandi
F: McLean, Waite, Stringer, Stewart
I: McKenna, Langdon

E: Daicos, Dickson, Boyd

It was good to have Marc Murphy back for one week.

iZander

Buenos Aires Armadillos

Team Format: Traditional

D: Jimmy Webster, Tom Doedee, Jamie MacMillan, Riley Bonner
M: Ed Curnow, Chris Masten, Trent Dumont, Jarrod Berry
R: Adam Cerra
F: Shane Edwards, Jy Simpkin, Cale Hooker, Oliver Florent
U: Paddy Dow, Cameron Rayner
E: Will Hayward, Andrew Brayshaw, Mark LeCras

C: Ed Curnow
VC: Jimmy Webster
RP: