2018 Round Ten Thread

Started by Jukes, May 20, 2018, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Quote from: fanTCfool on May 26, 2018, 06:33:20 PM
Harry Cunningham (listed at M4) is not a midfielder, plus Andrew McGrath named twice.

Cunningham auto switched with Rockliff (utility). Sheppard comes on for McGrath (the ruckman version), obviously OOP as wel

fanTCfool

And a question regarding my own side, if Tom Lynch does not play R12, does McCluggage switch from U3 to F4 to allow the first preference emergency to come onto the ground?

Jukes

Quote from: fanTCfool on May 26, 2018, 06:45:01 PM
And a question regarding my own side, if Tom Lynch does not play R12, does McCluggage switch from U3 to F4 to allow the first preference emergency to come onto the ground?

Exactly correct, so in would come Langdon

kilbluff1985

Anaheim Mighty Ducks Round 10 Team

Defence: Michael Hibberd 95, Jarrod McVeigh 106, Luke Hodge 70, Blake Hardwick 92
Midfield: Patrick Dangerfield 266 (C), Zach Merrett 89 (EVC), Dyson Heppell 167 [VC], Nathan Jones 70, Jordan Lewis 83, Shaun Burgoyne 64
Ruck: Aaron Sandilands 70
Forward: David Mundy 90, Travis Boak, Devon Smith 120, Mitchell Hannan 80
Utilities: Connor McKenna 76, Tom Bellchambers 105, Luke Brown 12

Emergencies: Daniel Hannebery  76 (sub), Nick Robertson 62 (Defence), David Armitage (Midfield), Matt Guelfi 68 (Forward)

1719/17 Hanners subbed in for Brown

Jukes

Updated Scores

Colorado Avalanche: 922 add Harbrow, Polec, Ebert, Witts, S. Gray, Wright, Joyce, sub (currently 43->75) and HGA (currently 43)
Chicago Sharks: 1532 add Ryder

Definitely a long way to go in this one, edge maybe to Chicago with the runs on the board but definitely could go either way.

Best
Chicago: Gaff, Lobb, Kennedy, Yeo
Colorado: Savage, Scharenberg

New Brooklyn Hawks: 1499
Boston Terriers: 1238 add Hall, Gray, Wingard, and J. Martin

Not great from either side, you'd back the Terriers to win from here with four players left but if one goes down...could be in trouble. Why couldn't I play these sides this week?

Best
Brooklyn: Brayshaw, Doedee, Nankervis, Crouch, Lever
Boston: Cotchin, Goldstein, Redden, Laird, Pendlebury

Anaheim Mighty Ducks: 1655 add Boak, sub (currently 12->76) and HGA (currently 12)
San Francisco Grizzlies: 1626 add Wines, Watts, and sub (currently 36->47)

Hopefully not for Anaheim's sake (and the sake of my draft picks), but Luke Brown's dazed 12 could be the difference here - or it could be the winning 12 points (as HGA) in a very close encounter. Both clubs will be sweating on this one for the next two weeks...we'll almost certainly have a losing team who scores 1800+ unless Boak/Wines/Watts goes to shower.

Best
Anaheim: Dangerfield, Smith, Heppell, Bellchambers, McVeigh
San Francisco: Shaw, Coniglio, Stewart, Martin, Steven, Viney, Goddard

Ottawa Otters: 1515 add Byrne-Jones, Dixon, sub (currently 32->74) and HGA (currently 32)
Carolina Panthers: 1700

Should DBJ and Dixon have acceptable performances, Ottawa should get a big scalp against the reigning premiers! Assuming neither score less than 32, the pair will need 112 points for victory, surely they'll be able to get that? But with a backman and a key forward nothing is ever certain and it could be very close. Bontempelli and Shiel scoring 47 each was a killing blow for Carolina.

Best
Ottawa: Treloar, Webster, Hogan, McLean, Naitanui
Carolina: Grundy, Ryan, Menegola, Ward, Martin, Kelly

Houston Bombers: 1932 add Barlow, sub (currently 3->50) and HGA (currently 3)
Wisconsin Cockerels: 1464 add May, Miller, and sub (currently 25->79)

So many stories coming out of this game! Wisconsin almost certainly (unless May has 30 intercept marks and Miller kicks 10) to lose their first game, but game has to respect game and Houston have put on one of the best performances of the season (even competition history). 1932, add 50 for sub/HGA, add Barlow to come, all despite having gun forward Jack Riewoldt concussed right at the start of his game for 3 (and Ziebell and Hill only combining for 95); they've just had such a plethora of huge scorers - seven scores over 125 (including the C and VC), lead by Mitch Robinson's 172. Wisconsin have been below their usual scores, but will still most likely post a respectable score of the ~1700 caliber - just not enough in a game you'd lose 99.99% of the time.

Best
Houston: Robinson, Walters, Beams, Simpson, Kreuzer, Heeney, Zaharakis, Macmillan
Wisconsin: Duncan, Gawn, O'Meara, Macrae, Waite, Zorko

Quito Quetzals: 1502 add Houston, Swallow, Lynch, sub (currently 49->112) and HGA (currently 49)
Las Vegas Sinners: 1432 add Lyons, Powell-Pepper, Westhoff, Hombsch, and Rockliff

Interesting game, will come down to the wire with plenty of star players to come for both sides. HGA could very well be the difference maker here. Quito have had plenty of solid scores around the ground, particularly by sub Hopper and VC Phillips, while the Sinners just haven't had enough support for their usual stars in Fyfe and Mitchell.

Best
Quito: Phillips, Suckling, Hopper, Curnow, Neal-Bullen, Ross
Las Vegas: Fyfe, Lloyd, Mitchell, Hewett, Carlisle

Jay

fanTCfool

Been a good week for Houston, perhaps Dan will have a good one in Round 12 and get us over the line.

Jukes

If you substitute in 2018 averages (obviously not nearly 100% accurate):

Colorado: 1508 add Wright (0 games)
Chicago: 1617

Brooklyn: 1499
Boston: 1593

Anaheim: 1829
San Francisco: 1802

Ottawa: 1742
Carolina: 1700

Houston: 2055
Wisconsin: 1684

Quito: 1873
Las Vegas: 1831

We'll most likely have two unlucky losers go 1800+, and two lucky winners go sub-1650

powersuperkents

Good game Houston.

Just too good this week.

If I had to lose my first game this season, I'm just happy it was against a potential record breaking score (as I cannot regret any of my selection/captaincy decisions because they wouldn't have made a difference) ;)

Well deserved win

SydneyRox

Hey PSK, this round isnt done yet.....

fanTCfool

Quote from: SydneyRox on May 28, 2018, 11:04:33 AM

I'd say being projected to lose by 400 points is as good as the game being over, especially when there's only a few players left each side.

Jukes

Quote from: fanTCfool on May 28, 2018, 05:07:18 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on May 28, 2018, 11:04:33 AM

I'd say being projected to lose by 400 points is as good as the game being over, especially when there's only a few players left each side.

Worst case scenario for Houston: Barlow hurt on 0. Score becomes 1982.

Wisconsin would still need 465 points out of Miller and May to win. I think it's safe to say that this one is done and dusted - as I said on the discord, funny how the only game that is over before the Port and GC scores is the one between the 4-5 record seventh place being easily ahead of the 9-0 table toppers.

Jukes

Just a quick bump that we'll know the results of Anaheim-San Francisco and Ottawa-Carolina tomorrow night after the Port-Richmond game finishes, while Colorado-Chicago, NBH-Boston, Houston-Wisconsin and Quito-Las Vegas will end up after Saturday's GWS-GC match. I'll try to get these up ASAP, then the R12 progress scores will be up either Sunday night or Monday (may have to be Monday as I'll be at the Freo-Adelaide game Sunday night)

fanTCfool

Looks like Lyons and Hombsch are both out for Vegas, who's left to come on as an emergency? They've used a bunch of they're emergencies already from memory. Naming players in false positions, OOP etc.

Jukes

Quote from: fanTCfool on June 08, 2018, 06:03:17 PM
Looks like Lyons and Hombsch are both out for Vegas, who's left to come on as an emergency? They've used a bunch of they're emergencies already from memory. Naming players in false positions, OOP etc.

All emergencies are used up (English and Garlett DNP, Shepphard in for McGrath (double named), and Petracca in for Taylor), so I go from their team list in alphabetical order for the two new players (assuming neither Lyons or Hombsch are a late in) - Jed Bews (24) and Jade Gresham (121) so a real mix of bad and good aha. In case anybody else is out, their next up is James Harmes (57) then Harrison Himmelberg (59).

From our other teams with players not named;
Colorado: Wright named as GC EMG. No forwards named anywhere else in the 18 or as an EMG, so in comes Heath Grundy (OOP - 69/2 = 35)
Boston: Hall out. All EMG used up, first player alphabetically in is Brendan Ah Chee (43).
Houston: Barlow out. Marley Williams (63) replaces him, giving them a final score of 2045.
Wisconsin: May out. Adam Saad (103) replaces him.