WXV Round 8: Revolution Rising?

Started by Purple 77, May 08, 2018, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Normal lockout week!

Round 8, AFL Round 8

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
Beijing ThunderDublin DestroyersBeijing Olympic Park, EurAsia3  v  3
New Delhi TigersCape Town CobrasWipro Stadium2  v  4
Seoul MagpiesNew York RevolutionSeoul World Cup Stadium5  v  1
Pacific IslandersMoscow SpetsnazTuanaimato International Stadium2  v  5
Berlin BrewersLondon RoyalsBerlin Olympic Stadium, EurAsia, Europe4  v  2
Tokyo SamuraiChristchurch SaintsTokyo Olympic Stadium0  v  3
Toronto WolvesBuenos Aires ArmadillosRogers Centre, AAP Alliance, Americas2  v  5
Cairo SandsRio de Janeiro JaguarsBorg El Arab Stadium, AAP Alliance1  v  2
PNL ReindeersMexico City SunsStade du Ray1  v  5

The number #2 team of the comp still hasn't cracked 150+ yet, but they haven't needed to in the past 6 weeks now! However, Dublin hasn't done that either in the past 5 weeks and has clearly been feeling the absence of a few of its star players. Beijing would love to win this game, and with HGA, they just might do it! The Thunder for me!

The Tigers lost an unlikely game against the Revolution, having now lost more games in the H&A season than they did last year already. The Cobras were on track to take a step back from last year's 6 wins, but the last two weeks (138 & 134) have shown hope that they can get wins in their tougher part of the draw. But I'll believe it when I see it. New Delhi.

Last weeks results have demanded that this game by my MATCH OF THE ROUND! The Magpies have hit a crossroads, having suffered consecutive defeats in the last two weeks. Whilst admittedly missing 5 of their best XV last week, they're just not the same without a firing Danger. The Revolution are certainly not the same when they have their players (most notably a ruck) back on the park, scoring a mammoth 159 in claiming New Delhi's scalp! Massive win, and they can make it a MONSTER two weeks if they back it up against Seoul. This game could be a battle of top 4 credentials actually! I reckon the Revs get up!

The Islanders are starting to get that boring phase of writing about them, because they're that damn good that you know they're just probably going to win. The Spetsnaz really are a Docherty away from being a clear top 8 team, but in the meantime I don't think they have the cattle to compete with Pacific. The Islanders for me.

Berlin have averaged 150ppg in the last 3 weeks mostly on the backs of Gawn (148.67 avg in last 3) and Fyfe (135.67 avg in last 3), but equally without its best forwards Buddy, Walters and Menzel. This actually could be the best form the Brewers have displayed in recent memory. The Royals unfortunately are just not accustomed to the 130+ range, and won't be troubling the top 8 until they can consistently score that high. I'll back us in.

I'm actually quite stoked for Tokyo; there has been a definite (and I feel permanent) shift in form over the past 4 weeks, with the proof lying in its 8th placing in points scored in that time. The Saints have weathered their injury crisis beautifully, having still managed to win 5 of its past 6 games, perhaps on the back of a well weighted draw. However, it only gets tougher now, but some big names are due back, ready for the upcoming storm. Tokyo are a big chance, but I think the Saints are back.

The Wolves JUST managed to hold on against Seoul; taking the foot off the pedal perhaps a touch too early in hindsight. Where Christchurch has had their 'easier' games, Toronto has had essentially ALL of their 'tougher' games played already, and I personally believe they are the favourites for the minor premiership. The key is to become the favourites for THE premiership now! The Dillos... ha, I just thought about the re-draft, how the Dillos were the top 8 team and the Wolves were the struggling improvers. I somehow think neither will regret their pathway, in time. But yeah, Toronto in this one.

The Sands have been building IMO, with 3 scores in a row (all away) nearly reaching that magic 130 mark. Now returning at home for the next 3 weeks, I think the Sands could bag at least two of them on the back of this building period. The Jags have an argument in being the most inconsistent team so far this year; two 110s, two 120s, two 130s and one 140+. So who knows what they'll score? I'll back the more consistent Cairo in this one.

The Reindeers hit one of their all time lows last week, not even scoring 1000 against the Dillos who are fast surging past them. I just hope they've started planning for the trade period, as I'm sure depth would be an item on that agenda. The Suns may have turned the corner in the past two weeks; scoring 200 more SC points than their average from the first 5 weeks! Can the Suns build a core around Sicily, Petracca and Rising Star Nominee Jack Graham? I think so! Suns for me!

Toga

Rocky to return to form against Dublin this week and show Holz what he's missing out on.

Purple 77

Updated team selector for those interested!

https://jumpshare.com/v/u0hzDku4dHq1t5OLqIBZ

Gawn & Fyfe the number #2 and #5 SC players so far this year  8)

meow meow

iZander

Buenos Aires Armadillos

Team Format: Traditional

D: Jimmy Webster, Tom Doedee, Jamie MacMillan, Riley Bonner
M: Ed Curnow, Chris Masten, Trent Dumont, Jarrod Berry
R: Adam Cerra
F: Shane Edwards, Darcy Parish, Cale Hooker, Oliver Florent
U: Paddy Dow, Cameron Rayner
E: Andrew Brayshaw, Mark LeCras, Jy Simpkin

CC: Ed Curnow
CC: Jimmy Webster
RP:
NR:

Toga

meow meow

Rocky to return to form against Belfast this week and show Holz what he's missing out on.

Toga

Quote from: meow meow on May 08, 2018, 10:01:48 PM
Rocky to return to form against Belfast this week and show Holz what he's missing out on.

Of course, that's what I meant! Show Holz what depth really means  8)

Adamant

Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2018, 10:21:02 PM

Dublin have good depth.

Holz

Quote from: Adamant on May 08, 2018, 11:46:46 PM
Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2018, 10:21:02 PM

Dublin have good depth.

My depth are playing for Dublin not Belfast

Holz

I better get 1-2 players back this week or i could have 13 to field with 9 outs at the moment.

Dublin

Alex Rance, Tom Mcdonald, Phil Davis, Oscar Mcdonald
Matt Crouch (C), Dustin Martin (VC), Joel Selwood, Nick Holman
Todd Goldstien
Jack Gunston, Jack Reiwoldt, Justin Westhoff, Jack Henry
Donut, Donut

Emergency: Donut Donut Donut

Dublin's Missing

Grant Birchall, Steven May, Ed Vickers Willis
Rory Sloane, Brad Crouch, Stephen Hill
Majak Daw,
Brett Deledio, Tom Hawkins

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on May 09, 2018, 10:39:12 AM
Dublin's Missing

Majak Daw,
Always injured, always suspended, pie
Sloaney, always injured, ok pie
Pie
Always injured, ok pie

So basically you're missing sloaney

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on May 09, 2018, 10:49:23 AM
Quote from: Holz on May 09, 2018, 10:39:12 AM
Dublin's Missing

Majak Daw,
Always injured, always suspended, pie
Sloaney, always injured, ok pie
Pie
Always injured, ok pie

So basically you're missing sloaney

May is injured not suspended
Majak is playing quite well putting up a decent 76, which is the 68th ranked forward which makes him F4 quality
Hawkins is averaging 82 which is F3 quality
Hill was clearly injured last week was putting up a poor but helpful 76 before this which is M5 quality
EVW is a good young player D5 quality.

meow meow

CHRISTCHURCH SAINTS

The son of GOD back to lead the holiest team in existence. Waite back in, Wells to make his first appearance of the season.

B: Heath Shaw, Jarrad McVeigh, Nathan Wilson, Harris Andrews
M: Gary Ablett jnr (C), Bryce Gibbs, Luke Parker, Ryan Griffen
R: Aaron Sandilands
F: Jake Stringer (VC), Jarrad Waite, Daniel Wells, James Stewart
I: Toby McLean, Conor McKenna

E: Tom Boyd, Lewis Young, Darcy Moore

Toga

BEIJING THUNDER:
D: Tom Jonas, Tom Cutler, Jackson Thurlow, Nathan Broad
M: Lachie Neale [VC], Dayne Zorko, Callan Ward, Ollie Wines
R: Brodie Grundy [C]
F: Kane Lambert, Josh Caddy, Luke Breust, Taylor Walker
IC: Daniel Howe, Tom Rockliff

Emg: Mason Cox (r/f), Daniel Butler (f), Tom Clurey (d)