WXV Round 6: Dillo Delight

Started by Purple 77, April 25, 2018, 02:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Normal week  :)

Round 6, AFL Round 6

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
Moscow SpetsnazDublin DestroyersLuzhniki Stadium, EurAsia, Europe1  v  5
New Delhi TigersLondon RoyalsTata Stadium, EurAsia3  v  3
Seoul MagpiesTokyo SamuraiSeoul World Cup Stadium, EurAsia, Asia, Asia Cup6  v  0
Pacific IslandersToronto WolvesBSP Stadium, AAP Alliance3  v  4
Berlin BrewersCairo SandsBerlin Olympic Stadium4  v  2
Christchurch SaintsPNL ReindeersAMI Stadium2  v  2
Buenos Aires ArmadillosBeijing ThunderEstadio de River3  v  3
Cape Town CobrasRio de Janeiro JaguarsNewlands Cricket Ground, AAP Alliance2  v  1
Mexico City SunsNew York RevolutionFireball Stadium, AAP Alliance, Americas4  v  2

Moscow can say they've had a rough go, sitting 9th in the points ladder but 16th in the premiership one. The Destroyers rebounded superbly from two ordinary weeks with a ripper win over the Islanders... it's fair to say they'll be sticking around til September. Dublin for me, with a few key players coming back.

The Tigers rallied to the Berlin challenge last week, doing what good teams do. You'll be unlucky to have 150+ scored against you 3 times in a year, so to get one out of the way with a win is massive. The Royals just aren't in that league yet , I'll see pigs fly before they win this match.

The Magpies faltered just a little against the Saints, but alas, still came up with the win. Honestly, its hard seeing a loss coming anytime soon, especially given the head-to-head with Tokyo. But, the Samurai... I dunno, I think they may have turned things around! Posting their first win last week, they backed up a 138 with a 142; a score that would have beaten Seoul. Danger game? Well, it always is for Seoul, ha. Magpies for me.

Fuark, MATCH OF THE ROUND! MOTR! MOTR! Pacific, #1 on the points ladder, amazingly has two losses to show for it. From memory, they had this problem to a certain degree last year, but like then, I still expect them to make the top 4. The Wolves sit #2 in the points ladder but have done what the Islanders haven't yet; claimed serious scalps. If the Islanders drop this, they'll be 3-3! If Toronto win this... overwhelming favourites for the minor premiership, it has to be said.

Welp. I got the scoreline I wanted last week, but true to form over the last forever, I came up with the loss. Now with flowering Franklin, Hodge, Bastinac and Menzel out this week, I'll probably flower this up too. Can you just not Cairo? Please? What I have done or said to you to deserve a loss here? Danger game for me, but Cairo can score as shown two weeks ago. A real chance here.

Injuries were bound to catch up eventually. On the one hand, it's a good thing to post a shocker against a team like Seoul. On the other, they didn't do great themselves and it would have otherwise been a great opportunity for a win. The Reindeers would be THRILLED with Captain Zerrett winning the game out of nowhere against the Cobras last week! They outscored the Saints last week... interesting! Nah, Christchurch for me.

The Dillos! I dunno, I feel like I've said this a lot, but I don't care that they scored back-to-back 100+ scores; they're clearing building something here, and we caught a glimpse of that last week with an impressive 134 score to claim the win over Mexico City. The Thunder on the other hand - once in my cross-hairs to perform - now sit freaking third, a game clear! A great opportunity to continue this great momentum and build a gap from 4th (currently Pacific, who are a real chance to lose). Beijing for me.

Oh, gosh. I don't mean to rub salt, but I swear it feels like the Cobras have simply choked on all three of their real opportunities to win. I feel like on 3 different occasions, the game was there to be taken, but the Cobras missed it all 3 times. MUST win this game. The Jags notched their 3rd win for the year and find themselves equal 4th! Keep going and prove the doubters wrong I say! The Jags for me.

The Suns have been crazy consistent this year; 113, 115, 113, 114 and 113. That's actually kinda cool haha, but yeah, also quite bad. Not sure when the next win is coming. The Revolution should find no troubles accounting for the Petracca & Sicily-less Suns, perhaps a daring resting is on the cards?

iZander

Dublin vs Moscow
Tigers vs Royals
Magpies vs Tokyo
Beijing vs Dillos

Do they really need previews?

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on April 25, 2018, 02:45:46 PM
Dublin vs Moscow
Tigers vs Royals
Magpies vs Tokyo
Beijing vs Dillos

And then Rio have a bye as well, so less than half the games required, shouldn't take too long

Nige

Bernice vs Karen for MOTR.

Ricochet

Dublin vs Moscow
Tigers vs Royals
Magpies vs Tokyo
Beijing vs Dillos

1st one probably not. Moscow will romp it in

Torpedo10

Dublin vs Moscow
Tigers vs Royals
Magpies vs Tokyo
Beijing vs Dillos

Oi.

meow meow

PREVIEWS

Dublin are Pie. Moscow to win here if they've got any players left.
London may as well say ta-ta to any thoughts of winning in round 6. Tank now and I'll talk to you later.
Tokyo are Seoul's dog. 7-0 coming up.
77's MOTR. Depends solely on if Mitchell goes bezerk.
77 to select the wrong captain, but it won't cost them the win.
Church beats PNL in the big matches. This isn't big but HGA should get us the win.
Buenos should be focusing on trying to get a rising star nom since the Lambo will run through them.
Cape Town have already conceded so it's an auto-win to Rio.
Nobody cares about the final match, except maybe the participants. Maybe.

Toga

upthemaidens

Injuries starting to mount up and losing Taberner for 8 weeks hurts.  Hopefully we regain Williams to fill the D4 spot.
   A rested Jenkins at Home against GC returns to bolster the forwards, along with a miracle Barlow In(We can always hope).

After losing to Dublin, this Toronto game becomes even more important.  Time to bounce back into the 1500+ scores and get a win.

Toga

Beijing Thunder:
D: J.Aish, T.Jonas, J.Hunt, T.Cutler
M: O.Wines, C.Ward (VC), L.Neale, D.Zorko
R: B.Grundy (C)
F: K.Lamboghini, J.Caddy, T.Walker, L.Breust
IC: D.Howe, M.Guelfi (f)

Emg: D.Butler (f), M.Cox (r/f), N.Broad (d)

Ricochet

Nige

Karen

Shane Savage, Jeremy McGovern, Tom Stewart, Nick Vlastuin
Dayne Beams, David Zaharakis, Ricky Henderson, Sam Kerridge
Mav Weller
Ben Brown (cc), Jason Castagna, Mitch Robinson (cc), Jeff Garlett (r)
Brandon White, Hugh McCluggage

Mark Hutchings, Andrew McGrath, Karl Amon

Holz

Crouch tmac hawkins in :)

Brad and sloaney very soon.

Rance May Omac Tmac
Dusty (C) Selwood (VC) Crouch Hill
Goldy
Jroo Gunston Hoff Lids
Holman hawkins

Daw, evw, henry

Purple 77

Nige

Just imagine the scenes when Karen wins this week.