Adelaide 2018 Premiership Season Mega Thread

Started by tbagrocks, April 16, 2018, 10:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on May 25, 2018, 08:23:53 PM
Quote from: shaker on May 25, 2018, 01:23:26 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on May 24, 2018, 08:27:27 PM
An article from the paper this week "Who are you never able to forgive" A vote on Adelaide Now

Regarding the departures of that SPUDgunston, Tippo, Dangerflog and the Leaver.

I don't that Tippett cost us draft picks, got us Matty Crouch anyway! I don't care that Adelaide didn't offer lever enough soon enough, I still hate that flog face Gunston (Don't enter a professional sport at 18 if you cant handle moving cities ::) but  ......

I will NEVER, NEVER, forgive that soft, mummy's boy, FIGJAM Patrick Dangerflog ::)  You just suck Paddy! "Oh, i'm a 26yr old GROWN MAN but I nee to run back to my mummy"

End rant .....

I actually just wanted to ask everyone that same question the AN poll did :P  Which of those four do you hate for leaving the most?
Gibbs not in that poll ..... definitely a Mummy's boy as well  :D

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Careful Shaker, if you have an opinion here you might get banned by the sore bum patrol.
Nah, that's only if that opinion came from someone who thought Carlton would finish higher than Adelaide.

GoLions

Quote from: TomK on May 25, 2018, 08:33:01 PM
An article from the paper this week "Who are you never able to forgive" A vote on Adelaide Now

I don't that Tippett cost us draft picks, got us Matty Crouch anyway! I don't care that Adelaide didn't offer lever enough soon enough, I still hate that flog face Gunston (Don't enter a professional sport at 18 if you cant handle moving cities ::) but  ......

I will NEVER, NEVER, forgive that soft, mummy's boy, FIGJAM Patrick Dangerflog ::)  You just suck Paddy! "Oh, i'm a 26yr old GROWN MAN but I nee to run back to my mummy"

End rant .....

I actually just wanted to ask everyone that same question the AN poll did :P  Which of those four do you hate for leaving the most?

Careful Shaker, if you have an opinion here you might get banned by the sore bum patrol.
Nah, that's only if that opinion came from someone who thought Carlton would finish higher than Adelaide.
Haha what, surely nobody here is THAT stupid ahaha

Trindacut

Quote from: GoLions on May 25, 2018, 08:41:57 PM
Quote from: TomK on May 25, 2018, 08:33:01 PM

End rant .....

Haha what, surely nobody here is THAT stupid ahaha

I also had WCE as wooden spooners, shows what I know haha

tbagrocks

I'll play fair! Let's start with Gibbsy then shall we?

At 26 when Bryce became a free agent, he instead re-signed with the Blues, much to my disgust :P  Oh a loyal man! His whole career at a bottom club! Then, still at a bottom club and now 28, two years into a new contract and now suddenly, a new baby to raise. Decides to come back to Adelaide, Carlton and Crows failed to agree on two first rounders for Gibbsy. Yeah, some mummy' boy

Dangerfield, no baby, no wife, at  top club finals bound year in year out with only one excuse "I miss my mummy"

Bryce Gibbs finally did return to Adelaide a year later, Crows gave up more than scummy Cats did for Brownlow medallist Dangerflog too! At age 29, with a young child (Not that it stops top tennis, NBA or Footballers around the world being far away from their family months at a time) Just sayn

At age 29 , Bryce decides on one last crack at success after being at the worst football team in modern memory (Having re-signed for them three years earlier, ignoring FA and the "So called" go-home factor). Yeah, that's completely the same ::)

TomK

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 25, 2018, 10:23:34 PM
Dangerfield, no baby, no wife, at  top club finals bound year in year out with only one excuse "I miss my mummy"
Hmmm nah, he and Mardi got married in January the year after he left and he went home to start a family, which they have now done, so I dunno if those arguments can really be used. Family is obviously more important to some than others, like it seems to be to Patrick more than yourself, you clearly don't understand so it's time to get over it.

shaker

I'll play fair! Let's start with Gibbsy then shall we?

At 26 when Bryce became a free agent, he instead re-signed with the Blues, much to my disgust :P  Oh a loyal man! His whole career at a bottom club! Then, still at a bottom club and now 28, two years into a new contract and now suddenly, a new baby to raise. Decides to come back to Adelaide, Carlton and Crows failed to agree on two first rounders for Gibbsy. Yeah, some mummy' boy

Bryce Gibbs finally did return to Adelaide a year later, Crows gave up more than scummy Cats did for Brownlow medallist Dangerflog too! At age 29, with a young child (Not that it stops top tennis, NBA or Footballers around the world being far away from their family months at a time) Just sayn

At age 29 , Bryce decides on one last crack at success after being at the worst football team in modern memory (Having re-signed for them three years earlier, ignoring FA and the "So called" go-home factor). Yeah, that's completely the same ::)
Haha ok Tbag I just don't see why this is such a big deal for you players have been leaving clubs to go home for years and it will continue , for christ's sake I hope Sloane stays that could be the one that tips you over the edge  ;D

Trindacut

Had a mrs, went home to where they are both from to start a family. I reckon he'd be taking a pay cut too. Loyalty to family, and it ain't easy having kids away from family. That's why I don't begrudge Gibbs going home to Adelaide, but you can't have you cake and eat it too mate...

His currency is irrelevant, Geelong actually did a trade with Adelaide which they didn't even have to do. He was a restricted free agent. Adelaide paying more for Gibbs is a bit of an embarrassment if you ask me. Should have made it happen the year before.

I like how you rewrite the facts to suit you. He went home mate, he has a young family. By signing on the year before he made Adelaide pay for him to ease his guilt for leaving.

I've never understood this comparison of international sports to AFL. Tennis grandslams last only a couple of weeks at a time so they don't move anywhere they don't have to, NFL players earn an average of $USD 2 million a year, which leaves a lot of chump change to make up for the difficulties of being away from your family, particularly when you want to start one of your own. Oh, and NBA players average 6.4mil. You could move your whole family to you, buy them each a mansion and have plenty left over to ensure they never have to work another day in their lives.

Even in MBL, NFL, NBA, you still get people moving for families. At this point I figure you're so one-eyed you'd boo Beams if you were a Collingwood supporter.

PowerBug

Quote from: Trindacut on May 28, 2018, 01:21:07 AM
I've never understood this comparison of international sports to AFL. Tennis grandslams last only a couple of weeks at a time so they don't move anywhere they don't have to
The others I agree with, but there's a lot more to Tennis than just 4 Grand Slams. You're talking 30-40 weeks of the year away from home if you're making a living out of tennis

Trindacut

Quote from: PowerBug on May 28, 2018, 02:41:20 PM
Quote from: Trindacut on May 28, 2018, 01:21:07 AM
I've never understood this comparison of international sports to AFL. Tennis grandslams last only a couple of weeks at a time so they don't move anywhere they don't have to
The others I agree with, but there's a lot more to Tennis than just 4 Grand Slams. You're talking 30-40 weeks of the year away from home if you're making a living out of tennis

Yeah i had a read about it after posting this. Really a sport of passion because you don’t make much outside the top 100 in the world. But with Tennis, everyone has to travel to compete so it isnt comparable to team sports.

tbagrocks

Com'on seriously? When I was 17 and left Adelaide to pursue a professional sporting career (Apprentice Jockey) I came back at 18 after missing my mummy.  But at least I admitted it sheesh. If you are 18 and want to play PROFESSIONAL sport, then be professional.

Plenty and I mean a lot of Golf or tennis wannabies play all over the world weekly just trying to hit a hot patch where they can cash in and nail that top 100-200 players

But I still do not know why I am bothering to argue with a troll. I know most people here aren't smart enough to get what ever the frog I actually say but then, then there are trolls ;)

Trindacut

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 07, 2018, 10:32:46 PM
Com'on seriously? When I was 17 and left Adelaide to pursue a professional sporting career (Apprentice Jockey) I came back at 18 after missing my mummy.  But at least I admitted it sheesh. If you are 18 and want to play PROFESSIONAL sport, then be professional.

Plenty and I mean a lot of Golf or tennis wannabies play all over the world weekly just trying to hit a hot patch where they can cash in and nail that top 100-200 players

But I still do not know why I am bothering to argue with a troll. I know most people here aren't smart enough to get what ever the frog I actually say but then, then there are trolls ;)

Arguing with an idiot makes you look like an idiot.

Trindacut

Quote from: Trindacut on November 04, 2017, 01:01:16 PM
    1. Richmond
    2. Port Adelaide
    3. Geelong
    4. Essendon
    5. Sydney
    6. GWS
    7. Melbourne
    8. Carlton
    9. St Kilda
    10. Gold Coast Suns
    11. Western Bulldogs
    12.  Hawthorn
    13. Adelaide
    14. West Coast
    15. Fremantle
    16. Brisbane Lions
    17. Collingwood
    18. North Melbourne

[/list]

@TomK  :-X

TomK

tbagrocks

Quote from: Trindacut on June 14, 2018, 01:51:51 AM
      1. Richmond
      2. Port Adelaide
      3. Geelong
      4. Essendon
      5. Sydney
      6. GWS
      7. Melbourne
      8. Carlton
      9. St Kilda
      10. Gold Coast Suns
      11. Western Bulldogs
      12.  Hawthorn
      13. Adelaide
      14. West Coast
      15. Fremantle
      16. Brisbane Lions
      17. Collingwood
      18. North Melbourne

[/list]

:-X

Trindacut

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 15, 2018, 08:02:25 PM
      Quote from: Trindacut on June 14, 2018, 01:51:51 AM
        1. Richmond
        2. Port Adelaide
        3. Geelong
        4. Essendon
        5. Sydney
        6. GWS
        7. Melbourne
        8. Carlton
        9. St Kilda
        10. Gold Coast Suns
        11. Western Bulldogs
        12.  Hawthorn
        13. Adelaide
        14. West Coast
        15. Fremantle
        16. Brisbane Lions
        17. Collingwood
        18. North Melbourne

[/list]

:-X

6/8 top 8 picks.... guess you gotta take the good with the bad....

You got some kind of vendetta mate? You've been following me around across the forums trolling me like a child.