Main Menu

Carlton 2018 Thread

Started by Trindacut, April 11, 2018, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trindacut

Not sure what to make of the blues yet. Bit of a rocky start to the season with three losses but I don't think they're the worst time in the comp at the moment. I'm expecting they'll jag a few wins against some good sides this year, but they'll need to do a lot better than they did against the Pies. Looked very ordinary.

The game against the Tiges could have gone either way. If they bring that to the game against Norf this weekend reckon they should get a win.

Nige

Quote from: Trindacut on April 11, 2018, 05:02:03 PM
Not sure what to make of the blues yet.

Quote from: Trindacut on April 11, 2018, 04:58:34 PM
(Blues have looked shower this year)

Getting some mixed messages here bud.

Trindacut

Quote from: Nige on April 11, 2018, 05:26:44 PM
Quote from: Trindacut on April 11, 2018, 05:02:03 PM
Not sure what to make of the blues yet.

Quote from: Trindacut on April 11, 2018, 04:58:34 PM
(Blues have looked shower this year)

Getting some mixed messages here bud.

I'll dumb it down for you.

They look shower so far. But I think they'll do better. I'm not sure yet if they actually will be better.

Nige

Quote from: Trindacut on April 11, 2018, 05:30:52 PM
That's a bit of an aggressive and unnecessary phrase there mate.

Trindacut

Quote from: Nige on April 11, 2018, 05:36:04 PM

Go and whine to a moderator mate, you're good at that I hear.

Otherwise contribute to the post meaningfully or at least stop trolling me.

Nige

Quote from: Trindacut on April 11, 2018, 05:43:06 PM

Hahah I love and respect that you’re so set in your ways. It’s a shame those ways include being belligerent.

I actually kinda agree with your sentiments re: the Blues though, they’ve got the potential to upset some teams, but having a fairly young side just means there will be inconsistency. They certainly gave us a scare though.

Trindacut

Quote from: Nige on April 11, 2018, 05:55:51 PM
Quote from: Trindacut on April 11, 2018, 05:43:06 PM

Hahah I love and respect that you’re so set in your ways. It’s a shame those ways include being belligerent.

I actually kinda agree with your sentiments re: the Blues though, they’ve got the potential to upset some teams, but having a fairly young side just means there will be inconsistency. They certainly gave us a scare though.

Yeah I expect they'll give a few teams a scare. I think Tiges face them again and I won't be penning it down as a certain win. I really like Blots, and I really liked his presser after the Tiges loss, definitely worth a watch. I feel confident he's coaching them in the right direction.

GoLions

I would be surprised if they finish any higher than 13th this year, likely bottom 4. Last 2 weeks have been woeful. Game against the tiges was ok.

Miss Pies

Is Carlton playing this year? I didn't notice :P

enzedder

Quote from: Miss Pies on June 28, 2018, 01:09:24 AM
Is Carlton playing this year? I didn't notice :P
They didn't play this week. Had a jogwalk around the Gabba

Money Shot

Rumours coming out that we are almost a certainty to get Alex Fasolo this year as a free agent.

When he is fit he is right up there with the best small forwards in the game. Kicked 3 or more goals in 15 out of his 101 games which is a pretty good effort for a small forward if you ask me. He is in the right age bracket for us as well and would be a perfect fit for our side. Only concern is how injury prone he is. Hopefully we don't have to spend too much to get him.

What is everyone elses thoughts?

shaker

Quote from: Money Shot on August 14, 2018, 11:18:40 AM
Rumours coming out that we are almost a certainty to get Alex Fasolo this year as a free agent.

When he is fit he is right up there with the best small forwards in the game. Kicked 3 or more goals in 15 out of his 101 games which is a pretty good effort for a small forward if you ask me. He is in the right age bracket for us as well and would be a perfect fit for our side. Only concern is how injury prone he is. Hopefully we don't have to spend too much to get him.

Has been injury prone spud surely there will be better players available than him.

enzedder

Quote from: Money Shot on August 14, 2018, 11:18:40 AM

Better than most of the players getting a game atm.