Main Menu

2018 Season

Started by Trindacut, April 11, 2018, 04:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trindacut

Not sure how Bucks does it but every time the Pies get to the precipice of a full-blown coach rage, he jags a solid win.

Looked poor in the first two rounds I thought, but a very solid win on the weekend. It was against a pretty average opponent (Blues have looked shower this year), but that kind of playing could beat just about anyone I think, except the Tiges. Guess we'll know in a couple of weeks.

I'll be watching this game on Friday because I think the Pies are a sneaky chance away against the Crows.

Ricochet

Quote from: Trindacut on April 11, 2018, 04:58:34 PM
Looked poor in the first two rounds I thought,
They've been pretty good the last 2 weeks? Were leading the Giants by a couple of goals early in the last quarter before being overrun.

Also reckon they are a chance against Adelaide but

Trindacut

Quote from: Ricochet on April 11, 2018, 05:14:44 PM
Quote from: Trindacut on April 11, 2018, 04:58:34 PM
Looked poor in the first two rounds I thought,
They've been pretty good the last 2 weeks? Were leading the Giants by a couple of goals early in the last quarter before being overrun.

Also reckon they are a chance against Adelaide but

Good in patches I guess, but I thought they were poor overall that game. Was an entertaining watch mind you

GoLions

I don't see why they couldn't beat the tigers atm, they haven't really been playing like a top 4 team yet this year

Trindacut

Quote from: GoLions on April 11, 2018, 06:24:10 PM
I don't see why they couldn't beat the tigers atm, they haven't really been playing like a top 4 team yet this year

With any luck I'll get to the game, could be a ripper like last year.

Rowdy26

I actually thought we played better for longer against GWS compared to the Carlton game. If we had one of Moore, Cox or Reid for the entire game we might have jagged a win. Lack of rotations really hurt us late as well as some class from GWS.

Big test tomorrow night though. We need to win at lease one of our next 3 (Adel, Ess, Rich) because if we lose all 3 it will be damn hard to come back from 1-5.

Miss Pies

And we won! Bloody good I reckon. Let's hope they can keep it up.

Rowdy26

Must win game now on Wednesday in order to show the football world that we have matured as in previous years we have played poorly the following after beating a good side.

Adams a chance to play which would be the only change. We'd then make a few changes for the Richmond game given the 4 day break.

Cruiseon

Greetings all, been awhile.

Great win today by the Pies to back up the somewhat surprise result in Adelaide. I went today and it was great to see how organised we were and the faith the guys had in each other. This is not always apparent on tv but the signs are good.

The lessor lights also impressing ....Brown, Stevenson, Phillips, Murray & Langdon.

It will be a tough test on Sunday & I don’t expect to beat a very good Richmond team but we are up & about and rightfully have much to feel good about!

Trindacut

Collingwood definitely exceeding my expectations this year. Have much better scoring power this year and improved pressure like Richmond last year.

Also hoping De Goey keeps getting midfield time!

shaker

North reportedly offered De Goey 1 mil a year for 5 years

Trindacut

He isn't worth that. He should take it.

This is effectively what 800k used to be before last year under the new tv rights deal.

Still very high.

Trindacut

These banners are a classic

Ricochet

_wato

What a pick up of Beama. Unbelievable, still stoked about it. Showed in the granny that our midfield whilst being good got overran and convincingly beaten. Another A grade midfielder injected into our team will be a massive boost.

From the GF team;
IN: Beams, Dunn, Moore, Elliott, Wells.
OUT: Greenwood, Goldsack, Aish, Mihocek, Mayne.

B: Langdon, Dunn, Maynard
HB: Crisp, Moore, Howe
C: Phillips, Adams, Pendlebury
HF: Sidebottom, Cox, Hoskin-Elliott
F: Stephenson, De Goey, Elliott
FOLL: Grundy, Beams, Treloar
INTER: Varcoe, Thomas, Sier, Wells
EMERG: Scharenberg, Aish, Reid, Mayne.

DEPTH: Roughead, Greenwood, Mihocek, Broomhead, Goldsack, C. Brown, Daicos, Crocker plus Murphy/Madgen/McLarty improving on defensive end and our draft selections IQ and Kelly.

A lot to like about this team in so many ways. If we stay best 22 fit there's no reason we can't go deep into September again.

PLUS if Ben Reid can get fit he works into our best 22 and makes our team more dynamic. If Elliott stays healthy we are a huge threat, went all last year without a bloke who when fit kicks 35-40 goals + and I'd love to see what it means for Stepho and WHE taking lesser defenders. Think what Coxy showed late in the finals against Richmond shows what he can do on a regular basis, hopefully that stands up for a full year bc that will be huge for us.

All I can hope for is consistency. We know we can bring the pressure and we have talent everywhere but we were smashed hard with injuries and were 2 mins off winning a grand final. Having Dunn in is probably our biggest piece, he plays against Eagles we win. Looking forward to 2019, go pies!!!!