WXVs Rising Star and Team of the Week 2018

Started by Nige, March 31, 2018, 12:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Round 13

Rising Star

This week, we deliver the best news to London since the royal wedding, Jack Higgins and his 109 show that the future is bright for the English.

Team of the Week

D: Kade Simpson (Toronto), Jake Lloyd (New Delhi), Nick Vlastuin (Cairo), Shannon Hurn (New York)
M: Tom Mitchell [c] (Pacific), Josh P Kennedy (Berlin), Andrew Gaff (Pacific), Callan Ward (Beijing)
R: Max Gawn [vc] (Berlin)
F: Jack Riewoldt (Dublin), Kane Lambert (Beijing), James Harmes (Mexico City), Justin Westhoff (Dublin)
I: Sam Jacobs (Moscow), Stefan Martin (New Delhi)

Coach: Jay & upthemaidens (Pacific)

Purple 77

Ricochet

GoLions

Nige

Round 14

Rising Star

This week, the nomination goes the way of a second year player who may be finally about to make his mark. Will Brodie put up a 78 in a sign that he might be building into the player PNL would be desperate for him to become.

Team of the Week

D: Elliot Yeo (Rio), Jake Lloyd (New Delhi), Jason Johannisen (Tokyo), Scott Thompson (Toronto)
M: Scott Pendlebury [vc] (Toronto), Clayton Oliver (Seoul), Jack Redden (Toronto), Dayne Beams (Cairo)
R: Brodie Grundy (Beijing)
F: Luke Breust [c] (Beijing), Christian Petracca (Mexico City), Eric Hipwood (Rio), Devon Smith (Pacific)
I: Max Gawn (Berlin), Ben McEvoy (Seoul)

Coach: Toga (Beijing)

Ricochet

DazBurg

Yay Brodie
Need some more rising star noms at the reindeers

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on July 09, 2018, 01:23:47 PM
Good team of the week this one. No Pie

and yet i posted a 162,

thats a terrible sign for the competition.

Adamant

Doedee - 14 senior games + 1 reserves game @ 86.87
Withergun - 15 senior games @ 85.13

Looks like a two-horse race for the WXV Rising Star. Witho needs to outscore Doedee by 27 points over the final two rounds to come out on top on the averages. Doedee conveniently gets to exclude his 59 from AFL round 13 in his average while Witho misses out on his 78 from AFL round 11, otherwise would only need to make up 8 points over the final two rounds. Who wins it from here?

meow meow

Quote from: Adamant on July 15, 2018, 01:51:20 AM
Doedee - 14 senior games + 1 reserves game @ 86.87
Withergun - 15 senior games @ 85.13

Looks like a two-horse race for the WXV Rising Star. Witho needs to outscore Doedee by 27 points over the final two rounds to come out on top on the averages. Doedee conveniently gets to exclude his 59 from AFL round 13 in his average while Witho misses out on his 78 from AFL round 11, otherwise would only need to make up 8 points over the final two rounds. Who wins it from here?

Neither are getting a vote from me. Is a first year player award in my mind. Stepho is the man.

Nige

I'll knock out rounds 15 and 16 together once Purps hooks me up with the info. Stay tuned.

Purple 77

Coz I'm OCD, and it needs to be complete.

Round 15

Rising Star

Bailey Banfield with a 95! Making me think twice about Giro since March 22nd.

Team of the Week

Dafuq is that R1?

D: Luke Ryan (PNL), Rory Laird (Pacific), Jeremy McGovern (Cairo), Michael Hurley (Pacific)
M: Tom Mitchell (C) (Pacific), Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul) (VC), Patrick Cripps (Rio de Janeiro), Jack Redden (Toronto)
R: Stefan Martin (New Delhi)
F: David Mundy (Toronto), Tom T Lynch (London), Jack Billings (PNL), Jesse Hogan (Toronto)
I: Jack Steele (New York), Clayton Oliver (Seoul)

Coach: Holz (Dublin)

Purple 77

Round 16

Rising Star

Harry McKay, with a stunner of a 64! Nevermind that 14 others outscored him but were either playing reserves or already nominated, he flowerin blitzed them!

Team of the Week

Oooo-weee, this is not your normal XV! I really mean it this time, DAFUQ IS THAT R1!

D: Alex Witherden (Toronto), Elliot Yeo (Rio de Janeiro), Aliir Aliir (Pacific), Darcy Gardiner (London)
M: Tom Mitchell (C) (Pacific), Stephen Coniglio (Moscow), Dustin Martin (Dublin), Hugh Greenwood (New York)
R: Dawson Simpson (Cairo)
F: Jordan De Goey (VC) (Moscow), Tom Hawkins (Dublin), Orazio Fantasia (London), Devon Smith (Pacific)
U: Sebastian Ross (Tokyo), Clayton Oliver (Seoul)

Coach: Jay/UTM (Pacific)

Purple 77

Round 17

Rising Star

Last but not least, who doesn't love some paddy Dow? The Dillos 6th nomination of the year managed a noice 86.

Team of the Week

Ha, and it was the last time Brodie Grundy would be named a starter on the field  8) :P

D: Elliot Yeo (Rio de Janeiro), Kade Simpson (Toronto), Jeremy McGovern (Cairo), Jake Lloyd (New Delhi)
M: Patrick Cripps (C) (Rio de Janeiro), Marc Murphy (Christchurch), Tom Mitchell (Pacific), Jack Macrae (Toronto)
R: Brodie Grundy (VC) (Beijing)
F: Tom Hawkins (Dublin), Josh Dunkley (Tokyo), Charlie Dixon (Berlin), Paul Ahern (Pacific)
U: Dayne Beams (Cairo), Ben Cunnington (Cape Town)

Coach: Jay/UTM (Pacific)