Started by Nige, March 31, 2018, 12:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 09, 2018, 06:19:03 PM
TOTW should have each players score next to their name, and then the team total

Would be good to see which week was the highest week for the year on reflection

Kind of feels pointless without the scores tbh
Are you volunteering?  :P

Haha nah, I'll try and go back through all the ones so far and attempt to do that in future rounds if people really want that.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on May 09, 2018, 06:37:15 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 09, 2018, 06:19:03 PM
TOTW should have each players score next to their name, and then the team total

Would be good to see which week was the highest week for the year on reflection

Kind of feels pointless without the scores tbh
Are you volunteering?  :P

Haha nah, I'll try and go back through all the ones so far and attempt to do that in future rounds if people really want that.

Just an observation more than anything

I don't quite get what the point of naming a TOTW even is tbh

AaronKirk

Will only last for 1 week RD so happy to take it  ;)

Nige

Round 8

Rising Star

The nomination this week goes to a young lad by the name of Ben Ronke who should be in Egypt still but one of their co-coaches is incredibly foolish, so instead he helped Berlin with a lovely 120, absolutely splendid.

Team of the Week

Jack Macrae goes back to back in top scoring and being the TOTW captain, is there a new king in town? For the second time this season, three rucks get in two the team with Gawn and Grundy filling out the interchange as Sandilands assumes the ruck throne. James Harmes shines through as an unlikely forward line leader followed by three of New Felhi's front four. Buenos Aires duo MacMillan and Webster stand side by side in the defence, with Moscow's Matt Scharenberg leading the way down back.

D: Matt Scharenberg (Moscow), Tom McDonald (Dublin), Jamie MacMillan (Buenos Aires), Jimmy Webster (Buenos Aires)
M: Jack Macrae [c] (Toronto), Trent Cotchin [vc] (Tokyo), Ben Cunnington (Cape Town), Clayton Oliver (Seoul)
R: Aaron Sandilands (Christchurch)
F: James Harmes (Mexico City), Sam Menegola (New Delhi), Jack Darling (New Delhi), Robbie Gray (New Delhi)
I: Max Gawn (Berlin), Brodie Grundy (Beijing)

Coach: Toga (Beijing)

Ricochet

Dat fwd line <3

Quote from: Ricochet on May 09, 2018, 02:14:04 PM
Jack Darling finally gets a spot after a great start to the year
2 in a row!

Toga

Grundy making a habit of featuring here 8)

Nice to finally get the top score of the week as well!

meow meow

Sandi didn't assume the ruck throne, he was already on the ruck throne. He's not getting off.

Purple 77

Nige

Round 9

Rising Star

The future certainly is bright at Buenos Aires getting another nomination through Oliver Florent and his 76. Just how many more could the Dillos possibly get? There's still plenty of rounds left and they have plenty of kids to put their hand up, that's for sure.

Team of the Week

Our captain this week is the form forward of the competition in New Delhi's Jack Darling, while Jack Macrae continues his reign as the premier midfielder. Jarrod Witts shakes up the ruck scene. Meanwhile, some of the old men proved they've still got it. It was also a great week for those whose first names started with J, with 8 of the 15 representatives in the team, including the entire backline, the captain and vice captain being in this little club.

D: Jake Lloyd (New Delhi), Jarrod Harbrow (PNL), Jarrad McVeigh (Christchurch), Jeremy McGovern (Cairo)
M: Jack Macrae [vc] (Toronto), Tom Mitchell (Pacific), Patrick Cripps (Rio), Aaron Hall (Rio)
R: Jarrod Witts (Pacific)
F: Jack Darling [c] (New Delhi), Jarrad Waite (Christchurch), Ben Brown (Cairo), Travis Boak (Toronto)
I: Touk Miller (Cape Town), Nick Holman (Dublin)

Coach: meow meow (Christchurch)

Holz

Jack Henry this was your week to step up and take the award.

Pretty happy with Holman though, a really good depth player, should get DPP too.

Purple 77

The most underwhelming TOTW ever? In terms of perceived regular premos?

Toga

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on May 14, 2018, 08:42:37 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 09, 2018, 02:14:04 PM
Jack Darling finally gets a spot after a great start to the year
2 in a row!
It started out as a special little achievement. A bit of a surprise now and then. Now it's just expected

meow meow

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 22, 2018, 06:31:29 PM
The most underwhelming TOTW ever? In terms of perceived regular premos?

Including the coach. Not sure if I've ever taken out top coach award. I remember Moscow scored 178 or something in the finals but TOTW wasn't a thing then and we only had to best 3 other scores so that doesn't count.

Ablett with just 55 this week. We're just warming up and I don't expect that I'll be dethroned for the rest of the season.