WXVs Rising Star and Team of the Week 2018

Started by Nige, March 31, 2018, 12:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on April 30, 2018, 11:17:46 PM
What is the longest a team has gone without a TOTW rep @purplebollard

That stat is waaaay too hard to find out haha

Nige

You’d have to just comb the previous TOTW threads to find out.

Also, this stuff should go up tomorrow at some point.

Nige

Round 5

Rising Star

This almost feels overdue, but Cape Town young gun Jaidyn Stephenson helped himself to a handy 88 to earn the nomination for Round 5. It wasn't without a bit of luck though, as five of his peers performed better for their reserves team.

Team of the Week

The captain for the week comes from Tokyo, as Seb Ross puts his hand up. The Brett Deledio of old surfaced for vice captaincy, while Toronto's defenders nearly swept the TOTW defence, but Christchurch's Harris Andrews had a surprising cameo. It also isn't often we see Patrick Dangerfield only scrape in to the interchange. Adamant is the deserving coach, with Toronto head and shoulders above the rest.

D: Kade Simpson (Toronto), Harris Andrews (Christchurch), Alex Witherden (Toronto), Scott Thompson (Toronto)
M: Seb Ross [c] (Tokyo), Nat Fyfe (Berlin), Patrick Cripps (Rio), Ben Cunnington (Cape Town)
R: Max Gawn (Berlin)
F: Brett Deledio [vc] (Dublin), Robbie Gray (New Delhi), Isaac Heeney (New York), Luke Breust (Beijing)
I: Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul), Andrew Gaff (Pacific)

Coach: Adamant (Toronto)

Nige

Round 6

Rising Star

Getting the recognition for being the shining rookie light this week is Harry Morrison who dished up a 95 to show that he's a talent for now and the future. But he was a late in, so it almost didn't happen. Will his coaches take the hint? He'd hope so.

Team of the Week

Some nice variety in representation this week as 13 different teams were represented. That might well be a record. Only Rio and London, two unlikely options to have multiple members make it. Max Gawn took captaincy, while Lachie Neale was vice and Pacific's coaches get rewarded for their consistency.

D: Jeremy Howe (New Delhi), Shannon Hurn (New York), Luke Brown (Rio), Jimmy Webster (Buenos Aires)
M: Lachie Neale [vc] (Beijing), Adam Treloar (Moscow), Marcus Bontempelli (Pacific), Isaac Smith (Seoul)
R: Max Gawn [c] (Berlin)
F: Justin Westhoff (Dublin), Mitch Robinson (Cairo) Tom T Lynch (London), Sam Gray (London)
I: Patrick Cripps (Rio), Jack Macrae (Toronto)

Coach: Jay & upthemaidens (Pacific)

Ricochet

Purple 77

Toga

Nige

Round 7

Rising Star

In a season where they don't have a lot to smile about, Mexico City would be thrilled to know that Jack Graham is the Round 7 rising star nominee thanks to his massive 131 which helped his team post a respectable total.

Team of the Week

A very interesting team this week as Jack Macrae's monster effort meant that Zorko's return to form only scored him vice captaincy, Sandilands winding back the clock and of the 8 defenders that tonned up this week, the top scorer was named as a forward due to dual position eligibility, and the 4th and 7th best scoring defenders both playing reserves. Nothing like a bit of drama.

D: Rory Laird (Pacific), Elliot Yeo (Rio), Jimmy Webster (Buenos Aires), Shannon Hurn (New York)
M: Jack Macrae [c] (Toronto), Dayne Zorko [vc] (Beijing), Josh P Kennedy (Berlin), Toby McLean (Christchurch)
R: Aaron Sandilands (Christchurch)
F: James Sicily (Mexico City), Jack Darling (New Delhi), Jesse Hogan (Toronto), Jordan De Goey (Moscow)
I: Nat Fyfe (Berlin), Ed Curnow (Buenos Aires)

Coach: RaisyDaisy & AaronKirk (New York)

Ricochet

Jack Darling finally gets a spot after a great start to the year

meow meow

Sandi winding back the clock to round 4 when he made it in the TOTW too.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on May 09, 2018, 02:03:27 PM
Coach: RaisyDaisy & AaronKirk (New York)

Doesn't happen often, so I'll take that!  8)

Purple 77

Sorry nige, he got cut off my copy and paste! But Macrae is our rightful captain of the week.

Toga

RaisyDaisy

TOTW should have each players score next to their name, and then the team total

Would be good to see which week was the highest week for the year on reflection

Kind of feels pointless without the scores tbh

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 09, 2018, 05:58:08 PM
Sorry nige, he got cut off my copy and paste! But Macrae is our rightful captain of the week.
You know, I thought about this for a brief moment and then still thought nothing of it.  :-X