Main Menu

Port Discussion thread 2018

Started by PowerBug, March 24, 2018, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-04-15/hinkley-we-havent-got-a-ruck-ready-to-play
Quote from: Ken Hinkley
"I should say this really clearly; we haven't got a ruck ready to play," Hinkley said.

"I think people should stop calling for that because they don't know. It's a ridiculous thing to do from outside to say, pick a young ruckman who's not ready to play.

"If you watched our SANFL yesterday, you would see some young rucks not ready to play.

"I'm not going to play people who don't deserve to be out there and can't physically compete when they're out there.

"Don't get confused with what we've got underneath. Don't go and say people should play if you're uninformed with their ability."

Well that ends any chance of a young ruck getting a call-up doesn't it.

Ricochet

Well at least those rucks know where they stand...  :-\

elephants

Can see how it would be extremely frustrating for Hinkley. Everyone's an expert from the outside. If they're not ready, they're not ready. If the kids are smart they'll take this on board and get better. If they get offended and down about this, then they're not cutout to be AFL footballers imo.

Refreshing to see an AFL coach talk with clarity and honesty.

Trindacut

Good to see Port improving. I thought they would be a Top 4 prospect this year. Definitely a chance for that if they keep playing well and manage Ryder.

More midfield time for Rocky pls thx.

PowerBug

Late to one training session and boom, you're missing this week :o I wonder if he'd do the same if it was a big game or a final?

It's opened the door for Trengove though, keen to see how he goes :)

Trindacut

Quote from: PowerBug on June 28, 2018, 12:57:16 PM
Late to one training session and boom, you're missing this week :o I wonder if he'd do the same if it was a big game or a final?

It's opened the door for Trengove though, keen to see how he goes :)

I'd suggest that a number of contributing factors would go in to it. Late to a training sesh is a very media friendly reason

kilbluff1985

GoLions

elephants

Quote from: GoLions on August 12, 2018, 01:03:17 PM
SHUEY!!! GOV!!!

I just love paying Port at the Adelaide Oval :P

Tbf, Gray should have slotted that and iced the game but wowee!

Nige

Quote from: elephants on August 12, 2018, 01:19:56 PM
Quote from: GoLions on August 12, 2018, 01:03:17 PM
SHUEY!!! GOV!!!

I just love paying Port at the Adelaide Oval :P

Tbf, Gray should have slotted that and iced the game but wowee!
You paid them? To throw? To get injured? Is this matchifixing? A new low for yourself ele, carn mate. Ridiculous behaviour! :P

PowerBug

There were a lot of really angry people leaving the ground yesterday.

I am full of praise for how we battled in that last qtr, one on the bench with arguably our two most important players out of the game, and the third (Houston) was playing really well up until that point. Westhoff having to ruck the entire qtr, and was the sole target when we tried to get the ball out of defence, he did all he could to keep us in the game. Full of praise for him. The Eagles had plenty of chances in the last qtr to get in front and wasted them levels out the Gray misses, I'm not dirty on him.

We were great for 19 minutes of that last qtr and the last one cost us. Disappointing, but I felt like our season ended when we had two players being stretchered off in that 3rd quarter.

PowerBug

I also think we should try to land Braydon Preuss when Norf trade for Polec