WXV 2018 Milestone Players

Started by Purple 77, March 21, 2018, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

No centurions in this round either!

Round 7 Milestone Players - 50 games

Jason Johannisen (Tokyo)
Draft Origin: Pick 73 (Round 5) of the 2012 International draft selected by current Cairo co-coach Nige.
Club History: Cairo/Pacific/Tokyo

Jake Lloyd (New Delhi)
Draft Origin: Pick 16 (Round 2) of the 2012 Preseason draft selected by current Seoul coach JBs-Hawks.
Club History: Seoul/New Delhi

Jared Polec (Mexico City)
Draft Origin: Pick 301 (Round 17) of the original draft selected by former New Delhi coach FisherSaints.
Club History: New Delhi/Sao Paulo/Beijing/Mexico City

Ben Brown (Cairo)
Draft Origin: Pick 65 (Round 4) of the 2013 International draft selected by former Toronto coach rooboys.
Club History: Cairo

Ben Brown is a good one that week for two reasons:
- 1 club player after actually being taken by Toronto originally
- first 3rd round draft pick or later selection from any of the International drafts to reach 50 games... I think. Then JJ went and did it too!

Jake Lloyd also has a very unique origin! Not only the one player of note in that draft of 17, but joins Callum Sinclair as the only ones still playing.

Nige

Benny!

Also JJ was a classic Cairo selection that came good after we traded him, but we had the foresight to select him because we knew he was gonna be good and then made the fantastic decision to trade him.  :P

Purple 77

Round 8 Milestone Players - 100 games

Jarryd Roughead (New York)
Draft Origin: Pick 70 (Round 4) of the original draft selected by former Sao Paulo coach CrowsFan.
Club History: Sao Paulo/Dublin/New York

A premo for all 100 of them really.

Round 8 Milestone Players - 50 games

Jack Billings (PNL)
Draft Origin: Pick 6 (Round 1) of the 2013 International draft selected by current PNL coach Hellopplz.
Club History: PNL

Jesse Hogan (Toronto Wolves)
Draft Origin: Pick 10 (Round 1) of the 2012 International draft selected by current Dublin coach Holz.
Club History: Moscow/Toronto

Oh, Jesse. One day, you will be mine.

And kudos to Billings and PNL for sticking by each other!

Adamant

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 15, 2018, 08:21:43 PM

Monday, 27th of August 2018. Put up Foife and he's all yours.

Purple 77

Quote from: Adamant on May 15, 2018, 08:35:44 PM

:(

It seems I have Freo's chance at landing him  :(

Adamant

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 15, 2018, 08:39:49 PM
Quote from: Adamant on May 15, 2018, 08:35:44 PM

:(

It seems I have Freo's chance at landing him  :(

After Berlin come painfully close, but ultimately fail in their long quest for the holy grail, big changes are going to be required. Along with acquiring your favourite player (and top 10 forward for the next decade), you will also have the opportunity to set up your future AND remove the Fyfe/Gawn captaincy dilemma every week. That's a very tantalising proposition if I do say so myself!

And then you can trade Jesse back to me the following season when he's wearing Purple.

Torpedo10

DazBurg

billings!!, ok you've hit 50 out of the form slump now mate

Hellopplz

Quote from: DazBurg on May 16, 2018, 07:56:32 AM
billings!!, ok you've hit 50 out of the form slump now mate
Through thick and thin!

Purple 77

Round 9 Milestone Players - 100 games

Isaac Smith (Seoul)
Draft Origin: Pick 141 (Round 8) of the original draft selected by former Wellington coach pothead.
Club History: Wellington/Toronto/Buenos Aires/Seoul

Jack Ziebell (New Delhi)
Draft Origin: Pick 108 (Round 6) of the original draft selected by former Toronto coach rooboys.
Club History: Toronto/New Delhi

Round 9 Milestone Players - 50 games

Jimmy Webster (Buenos Aires)
Draft Origin: Pick 57 (Round 4) of the 2012 national draft selected by former Sao Paulo coach CrowsFan.
Club History: New Delhi/Toronto/Buenos

Brandon Matera (Seoul)
Draft Origin: Pick 263 (Round 15) of the original draft selected by former Moscow coach meow meow.
Club History: Moscow/Berlin/London/Seoul

An interesting mix! Webster finding his best form in his 50th, whereas Smith & Ziebell notch up the ton... without exactly being premos, but certainly good servants.

Purple 77

Alrighty, now that this bye madness is over, lets get caught up with the milestone players of the last couple of weeks!

Round 10 Milestone Players - 100 games

ONE OF THE FIRST 18 PLAYERS!

Bryce Gibbs (Christchurch Saints)
Draft Origin: Pick 17 (Round 1) of the original draft selected by former Seoul coach ossie85.
Club History: Seoul/Christchurch

Bernie Vince (Mexico City Suns)
Draft Origin: Pick 219 (Round 13) of the original draft selected by former Sao Paulo coach CrowsFan.
Club History: New York/Mexico City/Rio de Janeiro/Mexico City

David Zaharakis (Cairo Sands)
Draft Origin: Pick 38 (Round 3) of the original draft selected by former Sao Paulo coach CrowsFan.
Club History: Sao Paulo/Rio de Janeiro/Mexico City/Cairo

ONE OF THE FIRST 18 PLAYERS!

Tom Rockliff (Beijing Thunder)
Draft Origin: Pick 13 (Round 1) of the original draft selected by former New Delhi coach FisherSaints.
Club History: New Delhi/Pacific/Dublin/Mexico City/Beijing

Round 10 Milestone Players - 50 games

Sebastian Ross (Tokyo Samurai)
Draft Origin: Pick 23 (Round 2) of the 2011 International draft selected by Berlin coach Purple 77.
Club History: Tokyo/New Delhi/Tokyo

David Mackay (Cape Town Cobras)
Draft Origin: Pick 387 (Round 22) of the original draft selected by former London coach Cookiemonster.
Club History: London/Seoul/Cape Town

Luke McDonald (Cape Town Cobras)
Draft Origin: Pick 5 (Round 1) of the 2013 International draft selected by former New York coach pyronerd.
Club History: New York/Moscow/Cape Town

Nick Haynes (Seoul Magpies)
Draft Origin: Pick 13 (Round 1) of the 2011 International draft selected by former Cape Town coach My Chumps.
Club History: Cape Town/Seoul

Callum Sinclair (London)
Draft Origin: Pick 11 (Round 1) of the 2012 Pre-season draft selected by former Moscow/current Christchurch coach meow meow.
Club History: Moscow/London

These milestone players are pretty cool! We have two of the 18 foundation players raise the bat, as well as two draftees from the 2011 draft getting 50 games.

Purple 77

Only two players, but significant!

Round 11 Milestone Players - 100 games

Nil.

Round 11 Milestone Players - 50 games

Touk Miller (Cape Town Cobras)
Draft Origin: Pick 23 (Round 2) of the 2014 International draft selected by current Beijing coach Toga.
Club History: Beijing/Cape Town

Isaac Heeney (New York)
Draft Origin: Pick 3 (Round 1) of the 2014 International draft selected by current New Delhi co-coach elephants.
Club History: New Delhi/New York

This is quite cool! Both of these players are the first players to reach 50 games from the 2014 crop :)

Purple 77

Round 12 Milestone Players - 100 games

Nil.

Round 12 Milestone Players - 50 games

Paul Seedsman (PNL)
Draft Origin: Pick 674 (Round 38) of the original draft selected by former Moscow/current Christchurch coach meow meow.
Club History: Moscow/PNL

Jaeger O'Meara (Rio de Janeiro)
Draft Origin: Pick 4 (Round 1) of the 2011 International draft selected by current Dublin coach Holz.
Club History: Dublin/Moscow/Rio de Janeiro

Tom Langdon (Christchurch)
Draft Origin: Pick 54 (Round 3) of the 2013 International draft selected by current Seoul coach JBs-Hawks.
Club History: Seoul/Christchurch

Paul Seedsman was taken in the very last round of the original draft  :o