Main Menu

2018 H&A

Started by quinny88, March 14, 2018, 08:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

It's that time of year again. How does everyone think we will back up after our drought breaking premiership?
JLT signs were good and the manic pressure game was still there which is all I can ask.

As for round 1, we have the improving blues first up and Broad, Rioli are ruled out with Prestia and Houli also close to ruled out according to Balmy.

Round 1 team will be interesting. I'd like to see it as

D: Grimes, Rance, Vlastuin

HB: B.Ellis, Astbury, Conca

M: Grigg, Martin, Edwards

HF: Lambert, Townsend, Caddy

FF: Butler, Riewoldt, Castagna

R: Nankervis, Cotchin, Graham

Int: Mcintosh, Bolton, C.Ellis, S.Lloyd,

EA100

Thought i would spark a bit of movement in this board. So they've played 7 games so far and i think looking back, (based on my opinion) we have won all the games we were expected to win, even tho it would've been nice to beat Adelaide away. I think its definitely a huge improvement looking back to last year around this time when they were very appalling with being able to finish off teams in the 4th quarter when the game was really on the line, compared to this year when they can turn reasonable margins into blow outs like they did on the weekend.

Richmond have been reasonably lucky with injuries. Looking at the injury list, Daniel Rioli is the obvious one with an indefinite answer on when he would be able to return, as well as Markov who is out for around 1-2 weeks with a quad injury. Prestia was ruled out of the rest of the game against Fremantle with a calf injury, but is still a chance to play against North Melbourne. The other question is Cotchin, who was always in doubt for the Freo game, but we'd assume he returns this week.

Miles, B. Ellis, C. Ellis, Menadue and Bolton all played well in the reserves. The question is, does someone else make way for Cotchin if he comes back this week or does Lloyd get dropped. If Prestia doesn't play then possibly Miles gets a call up? Also not very sure on Butler as well, interested to hear everyone's thoughts on him..

I'm really happy that Richmond have these two teams to play next because it will pose a really big challenge, especially because neither of them are being played at the MCG where we have the ability to run teams out of the game. North at Etihad and also West Coast in Perth. If we do manage to go 2/2 then we could almost go 1-2 games clear on top..

What's everyone's thoughts?

shaker

Miles has to be given a run soon or I can't see the sense in keeping him but I think he will be at a new club next year so maybe he won't , as good as Higgins has been I expect him to be the one to make way this week or next but he will get some more games this year but we are in a great position this far into the season.

What about the Tiges getting Lynch next year if he leaves GC ? I all for it but the figure I heard on Talking Footy last night of 1.4 M is just to much IMO if true think that could lead to us losing to many good young players? think I prefer if the we targeted another FWD for less cash when they pop up.

EA100

Quote from: shaker on May 08, 2018, 01:04:01 PM
Miles has to be given a run soon or I can't see the sense in keeping him but I think he will be at a new club next year so maybe he won't , as good as Higgins has been I expect him to be the one to make way this week or next but he will get some more games this year but we are in a great position this far into the season.

What about the Tiges getting Lynch next year if he leaves GC ? I all for it but the figure I heard on Talking Footy last night of 1.4 M is just to much IMO if true think that could lead to us losing to many good young players? think I prefer if the we targeted another FWD for less cash when they pop up.
Yep definitely agree with you on the Lynch situation, it’s a very big figure. I think that we should actually look at getting in a tall forward that can also be decent in the ruck as well. Bit disappointed with the way Riewoldt has been kicking the footy, which is another factor that should be taken into account.

quinny88

This thread is dead because we're good now and keep winning. We're all quick to have a whinge when things aren't going well but the silence means we're doing everything right  ;D

The depth is fantastic and we have players that are too good for VFL stuck there. Good problem to have.

Would love to get Lynch but the price has to be right. Not worth selling the farm to get

Trindacut

Was great seeing Rioli back out there last weekend.

Hoping Martin turns it up a notch in the second half of the season.

LaHug

Next four weeks are very interesting. Win 3 and we should be Top 2 at the end of the year (particularly if Sydney is one of those wins). Only win 2 and we probably need to win the remaining 5 straight to get there.

Trindacut

Thursday should be a cracking game. I'm going, and can't remember last time I went to Marvel stadium. Reckon it was a non-Tiges game.

Run home is tough. I'm expecting at least six wins, and to stay on top that needs to include two of Sydney, Geelong and Collingwood.

Prestia and Houli shouldn't be far off.

Trindacut

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-07-12/rance-contract-extension

Two more years of the best from Rance, at the Tiges until end of 2021

LaHug

Our player retention is starting to look really good. Amazing what success brings.

LaHug

How has everyone gone getting tickets?

Trindacut

Had to get them the next day, locked out on the first day.

GoLions

Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 01:18:25 PM
Wonder if Cotch got his tickets as well. Hasn't done anything all year. Worse leader than Tex. Should make Jroo captain ASAP.

Trindacut

Quote from: GoLions on August 30, 2018, 04:50:11 PM
Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 01:18:25 PM
Wonder if Cotch got his tickets as well. Hasn't done anything all year. Worse leader than Tex. Should make Jroo captain ASAP.

Riewoldt would make a great Captain!