Main Menu

Adelaide 2018 Captain

Started by Trindacut, February 25, 2018, 09:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trindacut

Some of the Adelaide faithful will say it's white noise generated by the media, but outside the four walls looking in I think there is a consistent theme of commentary around Tex Walker's brutish leadership style, and combined with the way Adelaide fell to pieces in the premiership last year, as well as the Rory Sloane's natural leadership qualities AND the fact he is out of contract his year would mean it's fitting for him to step up to the plate this year, either as captain or co-captain.

Bit of noise about the way Lever's exit was handled, which I think adds to the narrative of Tex being a bit too oppressive as a leader. Tex pointed the finger and said to Lever he was leaving for money over success. Seems a bit toxic to me, and might be enough to see a new Captain in 2018.

Not just Sloane on the horizon for Captaincy, Lynch and Talia are both natural leaders and Gibbs has come from the Carlton leadership group and has shown his strengths in this area.

elephants

1) Potato

2) Darren Glass

jvalles69

I'm not a fan of Tex as I've heard some stories when I lived in SA for a few years, however I think he is well liked amongst his football peer group and find it quite refreshing that he is quite emotional and honest about how he feels about players leaving, maybe a little too emotional at times, but he seems to lead from an old fashioned loyalty to your team standpoint which I have no problems with.

meow meow

jvalles69

Quote from: meow meow on February 26, 2018, 08:42:03 PM
Tex is from NSW

Damn, let me edit my post... Even more impressive the way he goes about it then!

PowerBug

TomK

close the thread

QuoteThe Adelaide Football Club has finalised a streamlined leadership group for the 2018 Season.

The Crows have endorsed a senior leadership group comprising Taylor Walker, Rory Sloane, Tom Lynch and 22-year-old Matt Crouch, who takes on an official role for the first time.

Walker retains the captaincy and will lead the Club for a fourth consecutive season while Sloane has been named vice-captain.

The four-person group was voted on by the players, who took into account the squad’s values and behaviours, and endorsed by key management at the Club.

The leadership group will be supported by a number of smaller groups who will take responsibility for different portfolios across the football program.

These groups will include 2017 leadership group members Daniel Talia and Eddie Betts, along with numerous others who are keen to drive key components of the program.
sounds so toxic lol

Toga

Like anything else would be reported from the club's own website lol ???

Tex is an emotional leader and that's not always a bad thing. Think it's good he's got Sloane as his deputy, probably a bit more of a traditional leader. Good combo.

TomK

Quote from: Toga on February 28, 2018, 03:17:23 PM

Tex is an emotional leader and that's not always a bad thing. Think it's good he's got Sloane as his deputy, probably a bit more of a traditional leader. Good combo.
More talking about the fact the players voted him in, again, just like he was voted captain of the year, twice, by his peers.

Gigantor

How freaking small is Crouch's head in that photo!

Toga

Quote from: TomK on February 28, 2018, 03:23:27 PM

More talking about the fact the players voted him in, again, just like he was voted captain of the year, twice, by his peers.

Ok

TomK

Quote from: Toga on February 28, 2018, 03:26:57 PM
Quote from: TomK on February 28, 2018, 03:23:27 PM

Ok
lol

quinny88

No surprise here. Very rarely does a captain get voted out of their position without standing down themselves. In fact I can't think of any time it's happened

LordSneeze

Yeah it was never going to change.

Surprised Crouch is in there, but that shows they are likely grooming him as a future captain.
I would have liked Talia to be in there, but not surprised he isn't.

GoLions

Quote from: Gigantor on February 28, 2018, 03:25:37 PM
How freaking small is Crouch's head in that photo!
This is great hahaha