GoLions' AF Diary 2018

Started by GoLions, January 27, 2018, 11:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Another year, another chance for me to suck at this game. Just made a quick team now, would love to hear any thoughts on it, any players that I should definitely have in (or not in), etc. 34k in the bank. Most rookie spots will be decided by who is named for R1. Cheers all :)

HappyDEZ

No love for Darcy Parish. I haven't seen him in anyones side yet. I reckon he is a lock as a FWD. Hoping he can go 85-90. That'll do for F6 yeah?

Peter

Like the Redden, NN is a concern as to his game time early in the season. Happy with the rest, so good luck

Football Factory

Quote from: HappyDEZ on January 28, 2018, 01:40:21 AM
No love for Darcy Parish. I haven't seen him in anyones side yet. I reckon he is a lock as a FWD. Hoping he can go 85-90. That'll do for F6 yeah?

Sorry to hijack your thread GL

There are so many variables with Parish. There's no doubting his talent and as a forward he has had my attention. With D.Smith and Stringer coming it might mean he sees more midfield time? just don't know, have to wait and see where he lines up in the JLT/AFLX. Bombers have a very strong team, might be hard for them all to score well ? i don't have a problem with anyone picking him in their team though, unfortunately i don't have a crystal ball  :(

FLUX

i know bye's don't really matter as much in AF but 4 mid premos with the R14 bye surely that would hurt.
Nic Nat not really AF relevant.
Love the Maynard pick, Think he's in for a big year myself and also have him in my current side.

GoLions

Quote from: HappyDEZ on January 28, 2018, 01:40:21 AM
He could break out, but I think that might be another year or two away myself

GoLions

Quote from: Peter on January 28, 2018, 01:54:48 PM
Like the Redden, NN is a concern as to his game time early in the season. Happy with the rest, so good luck

Quote from: FLUX on January 29, 2018, 08:15:23 PM
i know bye's don't really matter as much in AF but 4 mid premos with the R14 bye surely that would hurt.
Love the Maynard pick, Think he's in for a big year myself and also have him in my current side.
Regarding NN, he only needs to avg 85ish to make like 150-200k? The top rucks are an extra 300k. With 2 trades a week, happy to take the risk on him, even though he won't average over 90 (you would think anyway). Then upgrade to one of the top guys around the byes (providing he makes it that far :P).

Haven't really checked the byes, I believe Tmitch is the odd one out there in the midfield (and Redden). Dusty could be dropped for someone else, as could Ablett. Zerrett, Treloar, Rocky, and Heppell are a few I've been looking at as well, and a quick look tells me that their byes are much better (Rocky obviously has the early bye but wouldn't be too fussed there).

And yeah, pretty keen on Reddo and Maynard, think they'll both have really good years :)

FLUX

Quote from: FLUX on January 29, 2018, 08:15:23 PM
Regarding NN, he only needs to avg 85ish to make like 150-200k? The top rucks are an extra 300k. With 2 trades a week, happy to take the risk on him, even though he won't average over 90 (you would think anyway). Then upgrade to one of the top guys around the byes (providing he makes it that far :P).

Haven't really checked the byes, I believe Tmitch is the odd one out there in the midfield (and Redden). Dusty could be dropped for someone else, as could Ablett. Zerrett, Treloar, Rocky, and Heppell are a few I've been looking at as well, and a quick look tells me that their byes are much better (Rocky obviously has the early bye but wouldn't be too fussed there).

And yeah, pretty keen on Reddo and Maynard, think they'll both have really good years :)
[/quote]

Yeah he's never averaged over 90 so coming off a knee reco it's highly unlikely that he reaches that. Even 85 would be pushing it imo as i can't really see him getting the game time or if he gets managed which is also highly likely. If he was 100k cheaper he would be a no brainer but like you said he's 300k off the other top rucks so if he goes down or get's managed you'll have to trade a premium to a rookie to come up with the 300k to trade him out cause atm there's no real R3 options until Lobb gets DPP so it's a massive risk starting him.

Ablett is just such a gun though haha, If you were to drop him but would have to be for Zerrett/Kelly. 2 young players that are on the up, at least you know you will be getting consistent scores and less risk of injury.

Redden should defiantly improve and hopefully get back to his best now that Smitch and Priddis have left. Being a Pies fan as well can defiantly tell you Maynard has been working hard this pre season and is looking for more rotations through through the middle so should be in for a big year  :)

GoLions

GoLions

Quick summary on each line;

DEF: Laird a lock. Savage and JJ both represent good value imo. Ellis I'll start and trade once he gets dropped, think he'll score well enough whilst in the side. Hoping Blakely gets DEF status soon.

MID: Tmitch locked as C. Rocky could be the #1 scorer this year if he is at his best. Rest are all value picks. Reasoning for this is that the rookies are expensive af and I don't want to pick many of them. May go Conigs to JOM, so that I can go Mirra to a better defender, and Nank to Stef or Ryder.

RUCK: Gawn locked. As just mentioned, may go Nank to Ryder or Stef if I downgrade Conigs to JOM.

FWD: Plenty of value picks here as well, especially with there being a lot of uncertainty around the top fwd premos. Dev, Paps, Robbo, Dunkley, Bundy should all increase in price.

PowerBug

Quote from: GoLions on March 21, 2018, 11:51:28 PM
Quick summary on each line;

DEF: I picked this good guy, then 2 guys that might be good, one was already good. Then the 4th guy I picked because Richmond picked him I don't even know who he is, then picked 4 players that everyone else has.

MID: Obviously I picked the best player in the game.... as Vice captain, with Tom Mitchell taking the captaincy this week. I then picked 5 players that aren't good enough to be part of the good guys, but aren't shower enough that I wouldn't pick them. I have my trades from round 4-6 set aside to fix these 5 mistakes. I then picked 3 guys everyone else has.

RUCK: I picked Gawn because he is a gun that is underpriced. I then got sucked in by all my Richmond friends that said Nankervis was good and will be better this season.

FWD: I hit the auto-fill button for this line and this is what it spat out.

Fixed your summary :)

Chelskiman

GoLions

The joke will be on you guys when i win the round 1 weekly!