McBasketball 2018 team

Started by Peter, January 07, 2018, 03:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

After using DTLive for past month, now moving my team to FF. Remembering you can make two trades every week, my initial team takes into account Rounds 1 and 2:

Backs - Hibberd (drops to third tall defender role) Lloyd, McDonald (all get plenty of possessions and good early fixture) Morgan, Doedee, O’Shea, Cumming, O’Keefe
Mids - Mitchell, Danger, Adams (lots of tackles)  Duncan (9 home games with Ablett distributing as well now) Redden (lots of tackes) and best inside midfielder at WCE now, Kelly (apparently will play R1), Brayshaw (or Dow), LDU, Worpel, Wigg (hold to save downgrade, unless better option appears)
Rucks - Kruezer (most coaches will have NN, but I expect NN to build form and Kruezer had a great season early on, let alone his finish), Gawn, Flynn DPP (in case needed during season, Jones
Forwards - Barlow (no need to worry about byes as much in AF and preseason been brilliant) Billings, McLean (will start in midfield after the way he finished 2017) Christensen, Bennell (presuming he continues his good preseason) Venables, Rioli, Ahern (for DPP)

Cash leftover $22k

Apologies to Ah Chee WCE, Macrae and Heeney who may come in depending how progress in practice matches

Any help would be appreciated

Football Factory

Quote from: Peter on January 07, 2018, 03:40:38 PM
After using DTLive for past month, now moving my team to FF. Remembering you can make two trades every week, my initial team takes into account Rounds 1 and 2:

Backs - Hibberd (drops to third tall defender role) Lloyd, McDonald (all get plenty of possessions and good early fixture) Morgan, Doedee, O’Shea, Cumming, O’Keefe
Mids - Mitchell, Danger, Adams (lots of tackles)  Duncan (9 home games with Ablett distributing as well now) Redden (lots of tackes) and best inside midfielder at WCE now, Kelly (apparently will play R1), Brayshaw (or Dow), LDU, Worpel, Wigg (hold to save downgrade, unless better option appears)
Rucks - Kruezer (most coaches will have NN, but I expect NN to build form and Kruezer had a great season early on, let alone his finish), Gawn, Flynn DPP (in case needed during season, Jones
Forwards - Barlow (no need to worry about byes as much in AF and preseason been brilliant) Billings, McLean (will start in midfield after the way he finished 2017) Christensen, Bennell (presuming he continues his good preseason) Venables, Rioli, Ahern (for DPP)

Cash leftover $22k

Apologies to Ah Chee WCE, Macrae and Heeney who may come in depending how progress in practice matches

Any help would be appreciated

Hey Peter, you don't need any help  :-X ... From what i can see it looks fine mate. I don't like Barlow personally but that's just his injury history, not his scoring ability. Kreuzer has surprisingly played 2 seasons in a row of 21 games  :o could be a great pick that one, managed to average over 100 in 2017 as apposed to 71 in 2016. I guess that's what happens when you get some continuity into your game. Still hanging onto hope that Bennell will regenerate a new body and brain  :-X

Peter

A couple of minor changes folliwing research:

Treloar in for Adams as Treloar kicks more goals offsetting Adams tackles and Adams may play some time in backline.
Cripps and O’Meara for Duncan (don’t want to pay full price) and Redden - just too much cash to be made here.
Dow for Wigg as much better cash cow
Brayshaw for McDonald, but unsure whether this will stick - after JLT decision required
Ah Chee for Bennell

Now leaves $148k to sort out the third defender problem

Remember this is AF, so will try and pick up Martin and Heeney after R1/2

Peter

Final squad:

Hibberd, Lloyd, Savage, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray, ZGuthrie, Naughton
Mitchell, Treloar, Parker, Whitfield (last two due to JLT), Cripps, O’Meara, Kelly, Holman, Banfield, Brayshaw
Martin, Gawn, Cameron, Olanga
Billings, Heeney, McLean, Smith, Fritsch, Langdon, Ryan, Venables

Happy with this squad and looking forward to reasonable season

Peter

Correction - Waterman for Ryan, Sicily for Billings.

Peter

Further correction Flynn not Olanga. Round 1 score 2107 which is acceptable. Trade Naitanui in for Martin, now we know Naitanui is actually at least half fit and English for Flynn, seeing Beveridge has changed his mind on the use of English. At least gives me a playing E, if Naitanui breaks down.

Hibberd is the worry, whilst Fyfe will bounce back

chief007

Treloar aint going along too well either also laird would would look down back

Peter

Agree re Treloar. Got rid of him for Macrae for R3 and did well. Tried to save some money by trading Martin to NacNat (big mistake as Martin broke the world record for points) and brought in Lobb for Billings. Saved money with this move, only to find Lobb injured. Have switched him to Hogan this werk, to give me 4 keepers up forward. Realised NicNat is not an AF player, SC only, so have now switched to Sinclair as Bulldogs don’t have a strong ruck line with only English to beat. Won 9/11 leagues in R3 and Elxam success again, so good year so far. Only one injury to date in Lobb, all other problems my own fault.