Quote from: Hawka on April 21, 2017, 03:54:28 PM
Quote from: GoLions on April 21, 2017, 03:52:15 PM
When is JOM coming back :P
Who flowering knows
You guys are killin' me :'(
I would like to think our medical staff knew if his knee was that bad
hopefully just a new knock

JBs-Hawks

He said just a knock and was almost gonna play last week, now he's not named this week?

Rusty00

Good to see the boys really fight out a win today, after that 3rd quarter looked like the Dees would run over us.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but Tim O'Brien has actually looked like a half decent footballer in a few games this year :o

Rusty00

Anyone else think it's ironic the only two teams we've beaten this season are West Coast and Melbourne......

Hawka

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 10, 2017, 05:07:57 PM
Anyone else think it's ironic the only two teams we've beaten this season are West Coast and Melbourne......
HAHA you just made me realize this!
Fantastic on the weekend!
TBH we werent fantastic, Demons were crap
But gee Burton, Hardwick, Howe, OBrien (wtf) were fantastic

Not trying to get ahead of myself, but 3 winnable fixtures coming up

hypothetically were 5-5, at this point there is no point playing for a draft pick as we dont have our first 2, roll the dice and have a crack i say

Hawka

We gave that away and it hurts

Mitchell though, amazing

Hawka

Expect us to play the kids
We have already have had 35 players and going though our list, expect that to go to 40/41 and we only have 44 players on our list aha

Rusty00

I still can't believe all we got for Jordan Lewis was a move up the draft of 9 spots in the 3rd round. Has played 78 out of the last 85 games (only 2 of those games missed with injury), B&F in a premiership year and 2nd in the B&F last season. Compare that with Deledio who's played 46/78 and isn't going to add to that anytime soon, and Richmond managed to score a 1st and 3rd rounder for him.

I guess Richmond finally clawed back some credibilty on us since Richard Tambling :-\

Toga

I never understood the discrepancies between those two deals either Rusty. Both were drafted in the Top 5 or so picks of their draft and have (arguably) equally decorated careers. So why did Richmond get so much better of a deal!

GoLions

Quote from: Toga on June 12, 2017, 10:34:41 AM
I never understood the discrepancies between those two deals either Rusty. Both were drafted in the Top 5 or so picks of their draft and have (arguably) equally decorated careers. So why did Richmond get so much better of a deal!
Because a first round pick is chump change for gws :p

Rusty00

Quote from: GoLions on June 12, 2017, 11:51:40 AM
Yeah, that's the problem. We dealt with the wrong team :(

Toga

Quote from: GoLions on June 12, 2017, 11:51:40 AM

Haha touche!

Hawka

I hate thinking about it, but those 2 weeks against the Giants and Cats will most likely cost us a finals run, but we are so well placed for next year and beyond, but just need to take it one week at a time

Rusty00

Quote from: Hawka on August 01, 2017, 10:32:47 AM
I hate thinking about it, but those 2 weeks against the Giants and Cats will most likely cost us a finals run, but we are so well placed for next year and beyond, but just need to take it one week at a time
The Collingwood game is the one that stands out for me as one that will cost us.

After the first half of the season, it looked like a disaster. However things have looked promising for the future over the last 6 or 7 weeks though. Some good performances against some good opponents whilst missing most of our backline + Cyril. Burton looks to be a gun, Sicily looks like he could turn into a good intercept/rebound defender, Hardwick looks promising in defence, Howe is improving, O'Brien is finally showing glimpses.

Hopefully these youngsters can rejuvenate the more experienced players like Gunston, Breust, etc. for next year.