Delistings Thread

Started by Jukes, August 25, 2017, 01:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

My only issue with delistings this late is the rookie draft, what happens if I would have taken James Rose with R13?

SydneyRox

yeah, its a fair point, maybe we should adjust the rules for next year?

I liked it in the fact I could hang onto these guys, in the hope I would get who I wanted in the draft then delist them rather than delisting and missing the guys I wanted.

I figure that anyone I delist is pretty poor as well?

honestly would you have taken rose as anything but pure speculation? he will struggle to play a game this year and be on the verge of delisting by the end of the year.

elephants

Yeah thats an issue, imo all delisting should have been done pre-draft to maintain clarity and fairness - but nobody (incluing myself) said anything at the time so we are all to blame really.

Something we'll need to look at for next yr prob

fanTCfool

No, I wouldn't have taken Rose, but it's just an example for future cases on what could be a major issue. Better to resolve the problem before it happens than wait until it becomes a bit of a scandal.

Personally, I like being able to delist during/after the national draft for a bit more freedom, but I think delistings need to be finalised before the rookie draft begins - since delisted players are all options to take in the rookie draft.