Main Menu

2018 Discussion Thread

Started by Jukes, October 14, 2017, 01:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Anyone know what's happening with Ridley?

crowls

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 17, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
Besieged Essendon coach John Worsfold has this morning met with coaching great David Parkin in a bid to dig the Bombers out of a massive hole,  :o
it worked!

kilbluff1985

wonder if we will target pace in the draft

Jukes

Early 2019 best 22s, anyone?

FB: Francis Hooker McKenna
HB: Saad Hurley McGrath
C: Langford Shiel/Beams Smith
HF: Brown Stringer Zaharakis
FF: Fantasia Daniher McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Bellchambers Heppell Merrett
Int: Myers Parish Baguley Guelfi

Emg: Clarke Mutch Gleeson McKernan

Delist/Trade Chopping Block (most probable to least probable: Goddard, Leuenberger, Merrett, Hartley, Green, Ambrose, Colyer, Laverde.

Quote from: Jukes on October 14, 2017, 01:39:58 AM
Just about a make or break season for: Colyer, Langford, Laverde, Leuenberger, Baguley, Green, Bird
Colyer: was really good against Hawthorn. Either side of that pretty crap.
Langford: Only 21 so still inconsistent, but has definitely played a lot of great football. Averaged 18 disposals, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 5 score involvements and 7 contested possessions from 15 games - and coincidentally his first game back after being dropped after round 2 was when our season turned around against Geelong.
Laverde: Not good at all apart from the Melbourne game, time is starting to run out on him. I'd give him one more year.
Leuenberger: Wasn't too horrible in his one game, but his time is up surely.
Baguley: Really good up forward. Keep him on the list.
Green: He's still rubbish. No surprises there.
Bird: Delisted last year RIP

Torpedo10

I rate Goddard, I don't know why he is still being used as a midfielder though. He would be most dangerous with Tipungwuti in a pocket, with Fantasia and Guelfi running across HFF. I don't see us getting Shiel/Beams, so chuck Dev in the middle with Zaka running the wing and you've got a solid setup.

Hartley, Ambrose & Colyer should be kept as floaters for injury. Laverde should definitely be used as trade bait IMO, I just don't think he fits our structure and would be better suited at a Geelong/North Melbourne.

iZander

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 20, 2018, 10:16:31 PM
I rate Goddard, I don't know why he is still being used as a midfielder though. He would be most dangerous with Tipungwuti in a pocket, with Fantasia and Guelfi running across HFF. I don't see us getting Shiel/Beams, so chuck Dev in the middle with Zaka running the wing and you've got a solid setup.

Hartley, Ambrose & Colyer should be kept as floaters for injury. Laverde should definitely be used as trade bait IMO, I just don't think he fits our structure and would be better suited at a Geelong/North Melbourne.
Dev has been in the middle all year and Goddard hasnt been used in the middle at all really, hes been defence?

Torpedo10

Quote from: iZander on August 20, 2018, 10:27:11 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 20, 2018, 10:16:31 PM

Dev has been in the middle all year and Goddard hasnt been used in the middle at all really, hes been defence?
Well what I mean is, wherever he was wasn't a great position for him. Why not throw him forward? He can take a grab, has experience and we need a key forward other than Daniher (with Hurls & Hooker down back).

elephants

Loved what Langford has done this year, going to be a player for sure

Gigantor

Quote from: Jukes on August 20, 2018, 08:38:50 PM

Delist/Trade Chopping Block (most probable to least probable: Goddard, Leuenberger, Merrett, Hartley, Green, Ambrose, Colyer, Laverde.

Good call  :o

Jukes

Ressies are still going strong with a good win over the pies.

Draper (16 disposals, 63 hitouts) definitely looks able to take over the #2 ruck spot when Leuey gets the boot.
Mutch (28 disposals, 6 marks, 5 tackles) and Ridley (19 disposals, 8 marks) will keep pressing and improving, could they make the jump in 2019?
Green (15 disposals, 5 goals) and Hartley (18 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles) could be playing their way back onto the 2019 list.
Jackson Merrett (12 disposals, 5 marks, 4 goals) can't play his way back onto the list, if only he showed this stuff back when it was important.
Stewart (12 disposals, 2 goals) and Laverde (11 disposals, 4 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal) continue to semi-disappoint in 2018, with the exception of Laverde's first quarter against Poort.

I'd still be firm on cutting Leuenberger, Hartley, Green, Ambrose, and Colyer.