Main Menu

2018 Discussion Thread

Started by Jukes, October 14, 2017, 01:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

And to top things off, I traded Zerrett in.

Jukes

If it’s any consolation - if you’re not going to win the premiership (or at least be a 20% + shot at it) you might as well tank for draft picks.

Just watch us come out and either lose to carlton or obliterate then by 150 and have everybody pretend everything is okay

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 06, 2018, 02:51:24 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 05, 2018, 11:47:22 PM
sack the coach imo

I don't understand why it's all the coaches fault?

I'm not trolling, but besides a couple of genuine stars the bulk of your list is workman like and over-rated and I never understood why Essendon had all these expectations of making finals

No doubt you've been disappointing, but the reality is you've got a list that is 10-13 ladder wise. Again I am not having a go or digging in, just giving my honest opinion

if he cant get them to play with his game plan then no point him coaching

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 06, 2018, 02:56:27 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 06, 2018, 02:51:24 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 05, 2018, 11:47:22 PM
sack the coach imo

I don't understand why it's all the coaches fault?

I'm not trolling, but besides a couple of genuine stars the bulk of your list is workman like and over-rated and I never understood why Essendon had all these expectations of making finals

No doubt you've been disappointing, but the reality is you've got a list that is 10-13 ladder wise. Again I am not having a go or digging in, just giving my honest opinion

if he cant get them to play with his game plan then no point him coaching

I deleted my post because I decided it wasn't worth getting into an argument about but seeing as you quoted it haha I'll respond

So they can't play his game plan so he should be fired? That's ridiculous

Maybe the players just aren't that good. I'm sure if the game plan was actually being executed then you'd be doing better but I don't think the cattle is good enough to execute any game plan week in week out and that's why you are where you are

Not just an Essendon thing, there are plenty of teams in the same scenario and most of the time it's just down to the list not being good enough for long enough

Sucks as a supporter, I get that, but I just can't comprehend how one person (the coach) can always be the reason a team isn't doing well - it's a cop out and easy out shifting the blame for everything onto him

Zerrett can't handle a tag, Joe D needs to be dropped and so on. The team just isn't playing team football, and that's a combination of various things, most of which aren't because of the coach

kilbluff1985

i normally agree is  not the coach but just not sure he can fix the current mind set

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 06, 2018, 03:32:26 PM
i normally agree is  not the coach but just not sure he can fix the current mind set

I see where you're coming from. To be honest, each time I hear Woosha talking I don't get a great sense of confidence myself

elephants

Woosha is past it, his best coaching days are over ;)

kilbluff1985

interested to see the team this week how we will replace Joe probably with McKernan

hope Clarke plays

Jukes

Hope Clarke, Ridley, and Guelfi play, need to get game time into these guys pronto (as well as Mutch keeping his spot of course); but yes Clarke is definitely deserving of a debut above all, he's been awesome week in week out so far in the twos.

kilbluff1985

Bring back BOMBER THOMPSON

Maca24

Give Woosha until season end, if he can't make inroads with either a new game plan or success after that long then boot him
They are way to fast to give out contract extensions to coaches  ::)

This is the team I'd play for this weekends game against Geelong

B: M.Dea, M.Hartley, B.Goddard
HB: C.McKenna, C.Hooker, A.Saad
C: K.Mutch, D.Clarke, M.Guelfi
HF: K.Langford, J.Stewart, O.Fantasia
F: M.Redman, J.Stringer, A.McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: T.Bellchambers, D.Heppell, Z.Merrett
Int:D.Myers, D.Smith, J.Laverde, D.Parish

iZander

Quote from: Maca24 on May 16, 2018, 01:52:39 PM
Give Woosha until season end, if he can't make inroads with either a new game plan or success after that long then boot him
They are way to fast to give out contract extensions to coaches  ::)

This is the team I'd play for this weekends game against Geelong

B: M.Dea, M.Hartley, B.Goddard
HB: C.McKenna, C.Hooker, A.Saad
C: K.Mutch, D.Clarke, M.Guelfi
HF: K.Langford, J.Stewart, O.Fantasia
F: M.Redman, J.Stringer, A.McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: T.Bellchambers, D.Heppell, Z.Merrett
Int:D.Myers, D.Smith, J.Laverde, D.Parish
Zaha has been one of our better players this year man :D

Jukes

Clarke has to debut this week, it would be ridiculous not to. Guelfi deserves a recall (he never should’ve been dropped), and I reckon Ridley should be given a debut as well. Our 2016 draft class has massive potential we just have to start actually giving them games aside from McGrath and Begley (both injured unfortunately).

shaker

Quote from: elephants on May 07, 2018, 12:38:15 AM
Woosha is past it, his best coaching days are over ;)
Agree gone at the end of the season if not sooner , just watched his latest interview on the sport news and he really seems to have lost it.

kilbluff1985

Besieged Essendon coach John Worsfold has this morning met with coaching great David Parkin in a bid to dig the Bombers out of a massive hole,  :o