LaHug

New season, new thread. Let's go!

Holz

Champions: Golden State Warriors :(
Runner Ups: Cleveland Cavaliers
ECF: Cleveland Cavaliers def Boston Celtics
WCF: Golden State Warriors def Houston Rockets
ROY: Ben Simmons
MVP: Kevin Durrant (Lebron will deserve it once again)
DPOY: Kawhii Leonard
COY: Billy Donovan
MIP: Myles Turner
6th Man: Eric Gordon

not going for any big outsiders here as the regular season is pretty predictable in my books, i guess we will see.

jvalles69

Champions: Golden State Warriors :(
ECF: Cleveland Cavaliers def Boston Celtics
WCF: Golden State Warriors def OKC
ROY: Ben Simmons
MVP: Kyrie Irving (darkhorse)
DPOY: Draymond Green
COY: Billy Donovan
MIP: Aaron Gordon
6th Man: Eric Gordon

LaHug

Champions: Golden State Warriors (I hope not though)
ECF: Cleveland Cavaliers def Boston Celtics (and it won't be close)
WCF: Golden State Warriors def San Antonio Spurs (in 7 games, giving people false hope that they'll be worn out for the Finals)
ROY: Lonzo Ball (Lakers bias)
MVP: James Harden (surely he's due)
DPOY: Rudy Gobert (with Hayward gone, expect the focus to further shift to defence for the Jazz)
COY: Gregg Popovich (as the Spurs get the 2 seed in a super tough conference)
MIP: Nerlens Noel (only massive darkhorse here)
6th Man: JR Smith (playing 32 minutes off the bench - more minutes than Wade)

Ricochet

LaHug

Do people want me to move the Embiid conversation to this thread? Or leave it there and it can come up again naturally if that's what happens?

jvalles69

Not sure if his minutes are correct, but Embiid had 22pts 7rebs 3ass 1blk 14/18 ft's in 15 minutes.  :o

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 12, 2017, 04:27:45 PM
Not sure if his minutes are correct, but Embiid had 22pts 7rebs 3ass 1blk 14/18 ft's in 15 minutes.  :o

looks accurate guys a freak.

I kinda was going to put him MIP.

its not going to happen but if Embiid plays as many minutes as Lebron did last year and kept his numbers up he would have put up

30 points 16 boards 4 assists 2 steals and 5 blocks.

i certainly can see him going 25 12 2 1 3 though.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on October 12, 2017, 04:51:32 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 12, 2017, 04:27:45 PM

looks accurate guys a freak.

I kinda was going to put him MIP.

its not going to happen but if Embiid plays as many minutes as Lebron did last year and kept his numbers up he would have put up

30 points 16 boards 4 assists 2 steals and 5 blocks.

i certainly can see him going 25 12 2 1 3 though.

Watched a clip of his highlights and at one point he's saying something along the lines of, "these mofo's can't guard me".  ;D  AD still a bigger beast.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 12, 2017, 05:03:09 PM
  AD still a bigger beast.

see im not sure.

unless your talking about just next year then yes i agree.

Embiid per numbers are insane.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on October 12, 2017, 05:40:17 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 12, 2017, 05:03:09 PM
  AD still a bigger beast.

see im not sure.

unless your talking about just next year then yes i agree.

Embiid per numbers are insane.

AD's injuries have brought him down a lot over the years and I guess the same thing is happening with Embiid too.  AD has put up some ridiculous numbers up over the past when fully healthy, and I'm sure we're going to see the same from Embiid soon (not just based off per numbers).  Got to play big minutes to put up huge stat lines which AD does, Embiid not...yet.

Mat0369

JoJo played a ridiculous game. They looked like complete a** without him out there in the middle of the first quarter. He came on and lead them on a 19-1 run to close out the first. 6'ers ended that run at 27-1 after Dario went nuts from outside in the 2nd. These two guys are very, very talented. It's only pre-season, but Embiid is showing why he is worth every single cent.

He also hit this after a foul was called.

Jay

Champions: Golden State Warriors
Runner Ups: Boston Celtics
ECF: Boston 4 - Cleveland 3
WCF: Warriors 4 - Thunder 2
ROY: Dennis Smith
MVP: Kawhi Leonard
DPOY: Draymond Green
COY: Steve Kerr
MIP: D'Angelo Russell
6th Man: Andre Igoudala

jvalles69

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 13, 2017, 12:21:27 AM
JoJo played a ridiculous game. They looked like complete a** without him out there in the middle of the first quarter. He came on and lead them on a 19-1 run to close out the first. 6'ers ended that run at 27-1 after Dario went nuts from outside in the 2nd. These two guys are very, very talented. It's only pre-season, but Embiid is showing why he is worth every single cent.

He also hit this after a foul was called.

So is Embiid on a minutes restriction or anything?  Will he miss games?  All for fantasy draft purposes, thinking of pairing him as my 2nd pick with AD as my first.  Custom cats and they favour big stats.

Mat0369

10-14 minute restriction vs the Nets. Ended up playing 14.45 in the end. I'd expect him to start the season on a minutes restriction while he gets into game shape. I'd also expect him to be at around 28 minutes per night pretty quickly. That's what he was at last year before the knee.