Brisbane 2018 Off Season Trades, Drafting and Discussion

Started by Ringo, October 02, 2017, 02:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Starting this for our trade period.

1. Luke Hodge almost certain to join Brisbane by end of this week.
2. Brisbane will not chase Cameron until he formally requests trade.
3. Noble has said we will be targeting inside mids to compensate possible loss of Rocky although Hodgey is trying to persuade him to stay.
4. Rumours persist concerning Schache so his manager is being approached to confirm or deny intentions. Personally think he should be made to stay given contract signed to extend for 2 years only months ago.
5. Michael C;lose still unsigned and is being linked with Pies.

Will be an interesting trade period for us and hopefully we can be as succesful as last year with trades and draft.

Ricochet

Any more word on what Stef will do Ringo?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2017, 02:33:51 PM

I read earlier that David Noble (I think that's his name) said he was confident Stef would stay

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 02, 2017, 02:38:23 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2017, 02:33:51 PM

I read earlier that David Noble (I think that's his name) said he was confident Stef would stay
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-10-02/noble-chats-trade-period.  From David Nobles chat on Trade Radio.

last paragraph

Meanwhile, Noble was confident ruckman Stefan Martin wouldn't be leaving.

Ricochet

Cool thanks guys. Selfishly (for WXVs) have fingers crossed he does actually go somewhere else

Ringo

With the Lions showing interest in Lobbe does that mean Martin could still be traded and getting Lobbe as cover whilst McInerney and Smith continue to develop? Martin for another first round pick.

Also heard a rumour we have sounded out Tom Hickey as well. So maybe there may be a little fire with Martin.

Ringo

So in the eyes of AFL Ricky = Motlop given both clubs given end of Rd 1 Pick.

So where does that leave us for Cameron do we offer 18 or 20? Personally think to our first 2nd Rd pick and over 20 which in my opinion is still overs.

What is the hold up with the Hodge trade? Does any one know or are the Hawks being difficult. Do not want Hartung or Whitecross.

Still showing some interest in Lobbe so what do we offer given he did not play last year and only 8 games in 2016. So can not expect to offer a lot.

Still sniffing around Anthony Miles who I would not mind.

Peter

Miles would be a great replacement for Rocky. One goat for another

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on October 14, 2017, 06:37:40 PM
So in the eyes of AFL Ricky = Motlop given both clubs given end of Rd 1 Pick.
In the eyes of Port* given how much they're paying both

Ringo

OK Time to rate our trading:

Tom Rockliff to Port Compensation pick 19.   We decided not to match the 4 year deal that Port offered - Money much the same but only 3 years. In my opinion Compo Pick 19 a joke but could do nothing.

Charlie Cameron for pick 12. A lot of tooing and froing by both clubs and 12 in my opinion is overs. Wished we had stuck to guns with 20. However when looking at who may be available at 12 probably an OK trade as Cameron will not leave in 2 years.

Josh Schache for picks 25 and 40. Although seems a decent downgrade for a Draft Pick 2 his mental state was a concern. One of the reasons a few suitors baulked at it. We were better to get what we could and facilitate the trade for the players well being.

Luke Hodge + 44 for 43 and 75. Pleased with this trade as well.

Exchange of picks  20 and 25 for 15 and 52.  Great Move in my opinion as I doubt Ballenden will be taken before pick 19 so gives us 3 picks in the Top 20 and gives at later points for Ballenden.

So overall with what we end up give us a B mainly because of the caving in to Crows with pick 12 for Cameron.

BB67th

Shame we couldn't pick up Lobbe, would have made for good extra ruck depth.

Pretty pleased with the trading overall, but 12 does seem a little overs for Cameron.

Just need to bank a few good kids with the draft now!

GoLions

Hopefully no bids for Ballenden come before 15-18, otherwise I think we lose out on that trade.

12 was way overs for Cameron, but ah well. Security in knowing he'll stick around, but could have got him cheaper.

Ringo

Here is my first attempt best 22 following trading:

B. Witherden Andrews McStay
HB. Gardner Hodge Robertson
C. Rich Beams Cameron
HF. Berry Hipwood Taylor
F. Christiansen Close Walker
Foll. Martin McGluggage Zorko
I/C. Robinson Mathieson Mayes Lester
Emerg. Alison Pick 1 Barrett Keays

Cox and Bastinac could make emergency as well.  Bell if he gets back to 2015 form could be another pressing.

GoLions

Not sure if we'd go with all 3 of Close/Hipwood/Walker. Perhaps one of them out for Allison, Barrett, Keays, Cutler, Cox, Bastinac, or (presumably our pick 1) LDU. Probably depends on our opponent, weather, form, etc.

Claye Beams another if he gets another contract. Think he will.

GoLions

Also, Bell is a potato haha.