Main Menu

2018 off-season

Started by Money Shot, October 02, 2017, 11:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

What are supporters thoughts about the Blues getting 4 Friday night prime time games after a season with little success compared with quite a few other teams who performed better but got way less ? Pies a bit lucky as well I'll add to

Purple 77

As a Melb supporter, I was quite annoyed to see that.

But at the same time, it's not like we deserve Thursday/Friday night games anyway. After all, we haven't made finals for 11 years. I like to think we'll get more exposure once we start making finals, but precedents like this certainly worry me.

As a Carlton supporter, I'd be thrilled. It's the AFLs judgement, no yours, so make the most of it  8)

Trindacut

It puts them in the spotlight if they get some big losses.

shaker

Blues sponsors would be over the moon other teams sponsors maybe not so much

Trindacut

Yeah good for the sponsors I guess, regardless. And good in the sense that even if they do shower they'll still get decent prime time.

Bill Manspeaker

terrible news for Docherty and Carlton

shaker

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 15, 2017, 03:43:11 PM
Yep bad luck for him and a big loos for the Blues

Money Shot

Quote from: shaker on November 15, 2017, 04:09:44 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 15, 2017, 03:43:11 PM
Yep bad luck for him and a big loos for the Blues
We are going to have another year in struggle town for sure now. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and is fit and firing for 2019.

Mat0369

fanTCfool

Torpedo10

Mat0369

Quote from: fanTCfool on November 15, 2017, 09:13:29 PM
I've been crying for hours.

I read the Vickery news first in my emails about half an hour ago. I went on the AFL site to confirm and saw the story on Doc. Shattered  :'(

Money Shot

I only did tear up when I opened my Facebook to see the post. I guess it was a good thing we got Mullet hey.

Mat0369

Byrne is the guy that will come into replace him. He had a tough season last year with the ACL. A combo of Mullet, Byrne, Simmo and Willo will be our rebounding backs. We are going to pick up O'Shea as a rookie as well for depth. He had a reallu good year in the VFL at HB for us. We could also grab Shaw as a DFA. He can play in that wing/HBF role.

Money Shot

L. Plowman, J. Weitering, L. Jones
K. Simpson, C. Marchbank, A. Mullet
E. Curnow, M. Kennedy, D. Lang
M. Wright, L. Casboult, D. Thomas
C. Curnow, H. McKay, J. Silvanghi
M. Kreuzer, P. Cripps, M. Murphy

S. Petrevski-Seten, Z. Fisher, T. Williamson, D. Cunningham

J. Pickett, C. Byrne, J. Lamb

That is what I'm thinking our starting line up will look like now that Docherty is out. Mullet is the closest resemblance to him as Williamson/Byrne don't rack up as much of the pill as Mullet does/will for us.

Lang and Kennedy come in and play more midfield minutes like promised.

McKay has to come out to play this season and develop along with all the other boys.

Graham is the one for me who I don't think is best 22 at this stage and I think he really needs to cement himself into our 22 which will be hard as he is stuck behind Cripps as they play the same role.

Graham, Kerridge, Byrne, Pickett and Lamb are all close to being in the best 22 and will be around the mark also.

Pick 3 and 8 will also push for selection.