2018/19 Australian Domestic Season

Started by PowerBug, September 27, 2017, 06:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

For the One Day Cup and the Sheffield Shield. We'll do another one for the BBL and WBBL.

PowerBug

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/jlt-one-day-cup-all-you-need-to-know-guide-australia-domestic-cricket/2017-09-26

For the first time, the JLT One-Day Cup will be entirely live streamed. There will be no television broadcast. You can watch live and free on cricket.com.au and the CA Live App. Also for the first time, those with Apple TV (4th generation and above) will be able to live stream matches through the CA App available on that device while airplay from a mobile device will also be possible.

So there will be no games on 9 or GEM, but all of them available on the Cricket Australia website.

BB67th

Quote from: PowerBug on September 28, 2017, 07:56:16 PM
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/jlt-one-day-cup-all-you-need-to-know-guide-australia-domestic-cricket/2017-09-26

For the first time, the JLT One-Day Cup will be entirely live streamed. There will be no television broadcast. You can watch live and free on cricket.com.au and the CA Live App. Also for the first time, those with Apple TV (4th generation and above) will be able to live stream matches through the CA App available on that device while airplay from a mobile device will also be possible.

So there will be no games on 9 or GEM, but all of them available on the Cricket Australia website.

Disappointing that they're not being shown on the TV. The online stream was okay quality, they have commentary and decent video quality, though only camera from one end of the ground.

Great to see the young guns of the CA XI step up and beat the redbacks to kick off the summer yesterday. Beau Webster is a future gun!

PowerBug

I love this Redbacks team 8) Quality players from 1 to 11

PowerBug

SA squad: Travis Head (c), Callum Ferguson, Alex Carey, Tom Cooper, John Dalton, Jake Lehmann, Joe Mennie, Kane Richardson, Chadd Sayers, Jake Weatherald, Daniel Worrall, Adam Zampa.

NSW squad: Steve Smith (c), Sean Abbott, Trent Copeland, Pat Cummins, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Nathan Lyon, Nic Maddinson, Peter Nevill, Kurtis Patterson, Mitchell Starc, David Warner

By my count there's 16/24 players in this game that have played for Australia. Then Sayers, Carey, Patterson, Hughes on top of that. This will be a great game to go and watch from Friday to Monday :)

PowerBug

Cartwright and Shaun Marsh batting their way into the test team :o I guess it's only Tasmania but both looking decent so far

Gigantor

Quote from: PowerBug on October 26, 2017, 10:26:18 PM
Cartwright and Shaun Marsh batting their way into the test team :o I guess it's only Tasmania but both looking decent so far

Was a bit disappointed that neither of them went on with it but after reading how difficult the conditions were 60 odd probably isn't that bad.

PowerBug

Quote from: Gigantor on October 27, 2017, 11:33:09 AM

Was a bit disappointed that neither of them went on with it but after reading how difficult the conditions were 60 odd probably isn't that bad.
Marsh was done by a pretty harmless short ball and the ball that got Cartwright looked like it did a bit. Both good scores though and better than guys like Stoinis, Burns and Khawaja.

Gigantor

Quote from: PowerBug on October 27, 2017, 12:58:33 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on October 27, 2017, 11:33:09 AM

Marsh was done by a pretty harmless short ball and the ball that got Cartwright looked like it did a bit. Both good scores though and better than guys like Stoinis, Burns and Khawaja.

Pressure on Maxy today, Vic's in a bit of trouble, number 6 spot up for grabs, so he'll probably top edge reverse sweep the first ball of the day down 3rd mans throat.  :P

Ringo

New boy Doggett continues to impress for Qld. Wicket was a bit green though. Strong Westerly wind will dry it out a bit so set up for Maxwell and Handscombe to score well maybe.

Gigantor

Wowee Maxwell and Handscombe out in the first two overs :o

Gigantor

Maddisons CA picture looks like its just Dan Hughes disguising himself haha

PowerBug

Tasmania
George Bailey (c), Gabe Bell, Alex Doolan, Jake Doran, James Faulkner, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Sam Rainbird, Tom Rogers, Jordan Silk, Matthew Wade, Beau Webster

No Tim Paine obviously, but also no Jackson Bird. What's the bet that CA will make Sayers stay with the Aussie side for longer than Bird just so he can't play at all? ::) We can cover him anyway with Richo coming in as the 3rd seamer, but still would be nice to have Chadd :P

shaker

LMAO Warner walks off the pitch in grade cricket because of a sledge , please if this guy ever plays for the Aussies again I'll start following the Poms  ;D

GoLions

Quote from: shaker on October 27, 2018, 07:43:33 PM
LMAO Warner walks off the pitch in grade cricket because of a sledge , please if this guy ever plays for the Aussies again I'll start following the Poms  ;D
RemindMe! One Year