Ken Hinkley, Powers coaching saga!

Started by nas, September 18, 2017, 10:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Quote from: Ringo on September 18, 2017, 06:03:37 PM
Port Adelaide: Ken Hinkley has agreed to a 3yr contract extension with the Power via @FOXFootyLive

So maybe he was seeking a longer extension.

Saying that then he gained.

RaisyDaisy

Port Adelaide: Ken Hinkley has agreed to a 3yr contract extension with the Power via @FOXFootyLive

Hasn't been offered 3 years yet

Just confirmed he is coaching next year, and in talks about contract but not confirmed 3 yet

nas

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 18, 2017, 06:45:04 PM

Hasn't been offered 3 years yet

Just confirmed he is coaching next year, and in talks about contract but not confirmed 3 yet

As RD says,

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide-coach-ken-hinkley-to-have-his-first-say-as-speculation-rises-on-his-afl-future/news-story/370420b61aac73359e362935f96245b6

Jukes

Quote from: meow meow on September 18, 2017, 06:20:27 PM
Maybe the media are dickheads who make shower up.

Never would have guessed

This whole thing has just been a wild goose chase to occupy the media and readers in the boredom between semis and prelims

PowerBug

Stuart Dew was my favourite player, but I do not want him him to coach the Power. Why you may ask?

Brett Ratten
Matthew Primus
Michael Voss
Justin Leppitsch
James Hird
Nathan Buckley

That's why.

Grazz

Quote from: PowerBug on September 18, 2017, 10:03:05 PM
Stuart Dew was my favourite player, but I do not want him him to coach the Power. Why you may ask?

Brett Ratten
Matthew Primus
Michael Voss
Justin Leppitsch
James Hird
Nathan Buckley

That's why.

Quote from: nas on September 18, 2017, 03:09:22 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 18, 2017, 03:04:22 PM
Guess we'll know more when he gets on the radio in a few hours time

I like Ken at Port, feels like the right fit, and I don't think he is the answer for GC

McKenna, Eade etc are of similar mould, and it hasn't worked out

I reckon GC need someone a little younger, and someone who is intimidating and firm, like Dew

Could be right, but if he goes, hope Port go at Dewie for the next coach.

I'm glad he's staying, he put it on a few players asking them to commit so it's pleasing he's hanging in there. Kochy needs to zip the lip his rant was out of line. Hopefully they can have a decent working relationship going forward.

Agree Dew would of been a decent choice, has served a great apprenticeship. You have another in your midst who I rate very highly and think will be a terrific senior coach one day and that's Bassett. GCS could do a lot worse who I imagine will be now trying to contact Dew or his management to see where he's at but Bassett would be worth talking to also.

Peter

As Ross Lyon said, there are 1500 media reps in Australia, they have to make stuff up