Rockliff nominates Port as his preferred home in 2018.

Started by nas, October 04, 2017, 08:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-10-04/davies-rockliff-wants-to-join-port

BRISBANE'S Tom Rockliff has nominated Port Adelaide as his club of choice from 2018 onwards.

This was confirmed by Port Adelaide's General Manager of Football Chris Davies on AFL Trade Radio on Wednesday morning.

Davies said the Power's list manager Jason Cripps received word from Rockliff's management on Tuesday evening.

"I got [confirmation Tom Rockliff was coming] from our list manager late yesterday," Davies said.

"We're pleased Tom has shown a willingness to come to our footy club. Now it's up to us to work with his management.

"We think Tom can add to a pretty strong midfield already. We're rapt we're in this position."

Rockliff, 27, is a former Brisbane captain and restricted free agent.

This means while he can nominate Port Adelaide as his club-of-choice for 2018, the Lions will have an opportunity to match any offer put forward from the Power to retain him.

Toga

PowerBug

Starting to warm to this idea after not being that keen on it initially. We still need to land a 2nd key fwd to replace Trengove and I think Watts is a more important get still.

nas

Quote from: PowerBug on October 04, 2017, 01:00:43 PM
Starting to warm to this idea after not being that keen on it initially. We still need to land a 2nd key fwd to replace Trengove and I think Watts is a more important get still.

Rocky, Chad, & Gray rotating thro mid / fwd.

Watts maybe, or Motlop.

shaker

Quote from: nas on October 04, 2017, 01:10:41 PM

Watts maybe, or Motlop.
Really Watts or Motlop don't see what all the fuss is about over these 2 both have shown to be dare I say lazy over there careers with spurts of quality games maybe a change will fix that maybe it won't

Ringo

Will be interested to see Ports Offer. My understanding is Rocky wanted a 4 year contract but Lions were only prepared to offer 3. So we wait till Friday and see the offer and then a couple of days to see if Lions match. Do not think there will be a lot of difference $ wise each year.

PowerBug

Quote from: shaker on October 04, 2017, 01:30:05 PM
Quote from: nas on October 04, 2017, 01:10:41 PM

Watts maybe, or Motlop.
Really Watts or Motlop don't see what all the fuss is about over these 2 both have shown to be dare I say lazy over there careers with spurts of quality games maybe a change will fix that maybe it won't
Fresh start may change it. Well at least that's what I hope anyway.

Word is Young won't be in Power colours, and neither will Ah Chee.

Trindacut

Reckon Port made some excellent moves this trade period. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in contention for the Top 2 next year.

nas

Quote from: Trindacut on October 19, 2017, 09:52:37 PM
Reckon Port made some excellent moves this trade period. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in contention for the Top 2 next year.

Could be undone maybe re the rumours of picking up Lindsay Thoma$$. (IMO).  :-X