AXV OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD (2017/2018)

Started by Rids, August 30, 2017, 08:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Coaches winning the trade don't find the trade to be a dud, pretty shocking stuff!
Don't embarrass yourselves...

Rids

I have said all I am going to say on the matter.

I will also be relinquishing my role as mod of AXV after the offseason. I have a lot more happening now with family and a new arrival that I just don't want to spend more time than I need to on these forums.

Hopefully AXV is now in a place where whoever takes over can build on what has been achieved the past year.

I will make sure UF is updated correctly as well as all trades processed as per rules before taking expressions of interest.

Cheers.

Football Factory

iZander

Quote from: Football Factory on December 18, 2017, 09:06:04 AM
Another good Mod gone, well done guys.
Rids isnt a 3 year old child having a tantrum FF, i doubt this is the reason hes stepping down. As he stated its because life is getting busier.

Football Factory

Quote from: iZander on December 18, 2017, 10:50:37 AM
Quote from: Football Factory on December 18, 2017, 09:06:04 AM
Another good Mod gone, well done guys.
Rids isnt a 3 year old child having a tantrum FF, i doubt this is the reason hes stepping down. As he stated its because life is getting busier.

Ahhhh just a coincidence ... pardon me.

Atto

To be perfectly honest, I don't know why the initial trade was accepted as IMO I win at face value and that's a good thing for a struggling team, right? But here we are...

I will admit that from my perspective that the renegotiated trade was rushed a bit and that is because I didn't want what happened in EXV (those of you who are in it knows what happened) to happen again and I am quite over bullshower in regards to trades. That idea backfired, obviously.

As long as I am consulted regarding the trade I am happy with whatever, whether that is ignoring the trade altogether or doing one of the trades that were proposed (preferably the first one from my perspective). Rids is absolutely right in the fact that the only currency I do have is young players because who the flower wants Neville Jetta?

A lot of you are being a bit contradictory in the fact that I need an influx of young players (which you're not wrong) but also want the team to improve. I can't really do both at the same time. I need to trade older, better guys for younger guys (and considering the frailty of the team that is something I don't want to do yet) or trade younger guys for better, older guys which is the case in these trades but I can't seem to do that without the whole forum blowing up.

Anyway, that's my two cents...

iZander

Quote from: Atto on December 18, 2017, 05:48:37 PM
A lot of you are being a bit contradictory in the fact that I need an influx of young players (which you're not wrong) but also want the team to improve. I can't really do both at the same time. I need to trade older, better guys for younger guys (and considering the frailty of the team that is something I don't want to do yet) or trade younger guys for better, older guys which is the case in these trades but I can't seem to do that without the whole forum blowing up.

When people say they want the dongs to improve they dont mean they want you to trade all your good youth for older players to slightly increase your scoring next year while cementing a spot at the bottom of the ladder for the next decade. They mean they want you to improve the list and build from the ground up so that one day the dongs can compete.

Rids

Quote from: iZander on December 18, 2017, 06:22:02 PM

When people say they want the dongs to improve they dont mean they want you to trade all your good youth for older players to slightly increase your scoring next year while cementing a spot at the bottom of the ladder for the next decade. They mean they want you to improve the list and build from the ground up so that one day the dongs can compete.

This is the sort of crap I hate. No-one has the right to tell others what to do with their teams. The mods and trade process is only there to make sure that trades are fairly even and won't hurt the comp.

I have taken over multiple poor teams in the XV comps and have done it differently. The is no right way or wrong way. For others to be that arrogant that they feel like they can tell others that their way is the right way is very poor form and it needs to stop.

Atto is a grown man and if he wants people's opinions on how he needs to run his own team then I am sure he will ask!

iZander

Quote from: Rids on December 18, 2017, 06:28:55 PM

This is the sort of crap I hate. No-one has the right to tell others what to do with their teams. The mods and trade process is only there to make sure that trades are fairly even and won't hurt the comp.
You are spot on there Rids, hence why most dont like the trade!

Rids

Quote from: iZander on December 18, 2017, 06:32:40 PM

Atto has every right to make the trade he sees fit for his team.

It is now time to move on! There is a trade process that should have been done by now. Nostra and I have said we are fine to walk away from the trade.

But showing a lack of respect to coaches is not on and something I will not tolerate.

iZander

Quote from: Rids on December 18, 2017, 06:35:09 PM

It is now time to move on! There is a trade process that should have been done by now. Nostra and I have said we are fine to walk away from the trade.

But showing a lack of respect to coaches is not on and something I will not tolerate.
And we have every right to say that the trade is unfair and shouldnt pass, its not the first time a trades been rejected

Not sure what you are talking about lack of respect but i assume its a tactic to try and change the subject or something?

Rids

Quote from: iZander on December 18, 2017, 06:42:02 PM
Quote from: Rids on December 18, 2017, 06:35:09 PM

And we have every right to say that the trade is unfair and shouldnt pass, its not the first time a trades been rejected

Not sure what you are talking about lack of respect but i assume its a tactic to try and change the subject or something?

People have had their say multiple times. The process now needs to be done by the mod not involved in the trade. By harping on it over and over and over again you are only making it very clear you do not trust the coach to run their own team and it is now getting personal towards the coach involved. I couldn't care if the trade is rejected or not. I now have my mod hat on.

Move on.

JBs-Hawks

I think people are seriously underrating David Swallow here!

nas

Bangkok give: David Swallow + Shaun Atley
Hong Kong give: Jack Bowes + Josh Dunkley

The above trade: I feel that there is good reasoning to not approve this.

Swallow + Atley, despite being talented, do not reflect the value of Dunkley + Bowes in terms of their potential and importance / value to the Dongs.

Bangkok needs to compensate Hong Kong more for giving up their scarce valuable players.

Trade is negged.

Football Factory

Bangladesh give: Jed Bews
Bangkok give: Hayden Ballantyne

Need some forward depth and Bangkok are after some back depth.

Nost or Rids to confirm