WXV Official Trade Confirmation

Started by Purple 77, August 28, 2017, 09:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Party time part 1

Christchurch trade: Shaun Higgins + pick 49
New York trade: Heef Shaw + Lewis Young

Reason: Connor will be exiting so need a defender to replace him with. Just shuffling the pieces around.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2017, 03:25:20 PM
Party time part 1

Christchurch trade: Shaun Higgins + pick 49
New York trade: Heef Shaw + Lewis Young

Reason: Connor will be exiting so need a defender to replace him with. Just shuffling the pieces around.

Confirmed

We need a mid so Higgins will do, as long as he doesn't get injured

Shaw as a def is worth Higgo as a mid based on this years averages, but with Higgo being 18 months younger we've added Young on top

meow meow

Quote from: meow meow on September 28, 2015, 07:08:50 PM
RIO TORONTO AND CHRISTCHURCH COMPLETE TRADE FOR GOLD COAST GEELONG SUPERSTAR!

Today marks a significant day for the future of the WXV competition. It's not too often that an opportunity to secure one of the absolute guns of the competition rolls around, but today will be known as one of the defining days of this competition. In the following trade we see a deal that involves one of the best best AFL players of all time switch clubs.

Christchurch coach meow meow had the following to say: "We at Christchurch could not be more happy with this deal and think that it presents an opportunity to really challenge for the premiership, not only in the upcoming year but for many seasons onwards".

Gary Ablett jnr has long been a star player and probably the greatest SC scorer of all time. Any team with him in it is automatically a genuine contender for the premiership.

Toronto trade: Gary Ablett jnr, picks 11 + 20
Christchurch trade: Connor Blakely

Adamant

Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2017, 10:04:01 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 28, 2015, 07:08:50 PM
RIO TORONTO AND CHRISTCHURCH COMPLETE TRADE FOR GOLD COAST GEELONG SUPERSTAR!

Today marks a significant day for the future of the WXV competition. It's not too often that an opportunity to secure one of the absolute guns of the competition rolls around, but today will be known as one of the defining days of this competition. In the following trade we see a deal that involves one of the best best AFL players of all time switch clubs.

Christchurch coach meow meow had the following to say: "We at Christchurch could not be more happy with this deal and think that it presents an opportunity to really challenge for the premiership, not only in the upcoming year but for many seasons onwards".

Gary Ablett jnr has long been a star player and probably the greatest SC scorer of all time. Any team with him in it is automatically a genuine contender for the premiership.

Toronto trade: Gary Ablett jnr, picks 11 + 20
Christchurch trade: Connor Blakely

Right. So I certainly didn't expect to ever trade Gary, let alone just two weeks after attaining him, but this deal was perfect in allowing my Freo bias to override everything. Gary is a champion, but (C)onnor is a future star. At least he better be as this could cost me a flag! 11 + 20 obviously covers the age difference.

Confirmed.

upthemaidens

Pacific trade:  #77+ #80
Toronto trade:  #68

Short and sweet.   Adamant to confirm.

Adamant

Quote from: upthemaidens on October 10, 2017, 10:56:14 PM
Pacific trade:  #77+ #80
Toronto trade:  #68

Short and sweet.   Adamant to confirm.

Confirmed. Need to increase my list size.

Holz

Dublin Trade: Ben Crocker
Berlin Trade: Mark Lecras

nice simple one.

Purp needs to dump cap space, i have cap space.

Lecras is well well past it but is another body and im hoping he stays in the 22. Crocker just signed an extension showed signs.

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on October 12, 2017, 04:39:31 PM
Dublin Trade: Ben Crocker
Berlin Trade: Mark Lecras

nice simple one.

Purp needs to dump cap space, i have cap space.

Lecras is well well past it but is another body and im hoping he stays in the 22. Crocker just signed an extension showed signs.

Confirmed.

If Vandenberg is fit, LeCras is my F8. Wasn't counting on him re-signing for next year, so willing to take a punt on Crocker, who recently signed on until 2019

Jroo

Mexico City give: Tom Rockliff + Luke Breust
Mexico City receive: Christian Petracca + Tim O'Brien + Jordan Murdoch + Pick 14 + Pick 68

Beijing give: Josh Jenkins + Christian Petracca + Tim O'Brien
Beijing receive: Tom Rockliff + Luke Breust

Pacific give: Jordan Murdoch + Pick 14 + Pick 68
Pacific receive: Josh Jenkins

Obviously rebuilding so Petracca would be very valuable going forward. I rate TOB highly and the picks also help with our future

Toga and UTM/Jay to confirm

Jay

Quote from: JROO8 on October 14, 2017, 03:57:28 AM
Mexico City give: Tom Rockliff + Luke Breust
Mexico City receive: Christian Petracca + Tim O'Brien + Jordan Murdoch + Pick 14 + Pick 68

Beijing give: Josh Jenkins + Christian Petracca + Tim O'Brien
Beijing receive: Tom Rockliff + Luke Breust

Pacific give: Jordan Murdoch + Pick 14 + Pick 68
Pacific receive: Josh Jenkins

Obviously rebuilding so Petracca would be very valuable going forward. I rate TOB highly and the picks also help with our future

Toga and UTM/Jay to confirm
Confirmed. Jenkins really impressed me on grand final day. No secret that forwards were our weak link and he's a proven solid one. First round pick is about the right value for him.

Adamant

Toronto trade: Lachie Hunter + Lewis Jetta + Danyle Pearce + Tyson Goldsack
Mexico City trade: David Zaharakis + N16 + N68 + PSD26

Lachie is one of my favourites but I don't mind giving up the 5 years in age difference to get back inside the first round.

JROO to confirm.

Jroo

Confirmed, need a mid especially one that is young. The picks make up the age difference

Adamant

Toronto trade: David Zaharakis + Shane Savage + Mitch Robinson + Bailey Rice + Brandon White
Cairo trade: Aaron Hall + Jack Newnes + Jade Gresham + N61 + N79

Giving up three starters for two in order to reduce the age profile slightly. I was starting to get a little bit OCD after not being able to attain Dan McKenzie and complete the St Kilda rebounding set, so I decided to hand Rice and White over to Nige. He doesn't have Webster though so he might suffer the same problem. I get to continue playing hot potato with Gresh too.

Nige

Quote from: Adamant on October 14, 2017, 02:47:23 PM
Toronto trade: David Zaharakis + Shane Savage + Mitch Robinson + Bailey Rice + Brandon White
Cairo trade: Aaron Hall + Jack Newnes + Jade Gresham + N61 + N79

Giving up three starters for two in order to reduce the age profile slightly. I was starting to get a little bit OCD after not being able to attain Dan McKenzie and complete the St Kilda rebounding set, so I decided to hand Rice and White over to Nige. He doesn't have Webster though so he might suffer the same problem. I get to continue playing hot potato with Gresh too.
Confirmed.

So this one took a bit of doing because we weren't overly keen to move on any of the guys involved on our end. Hall's a bit better than Zaha we think, but it's not a huge difference. Newnes is a gun, but we're not entirely sure whether he'll remain as a defender after 2018, whereas we know that Savage will. As Ada said, Rice + White go nicely with McKenzie since one one of them is likely to slot into Joey Montagna's role. Gresh was the hardest to lose though because we really rate him but Robbo is a safe bet for at least an 80 avg which helps our midfield dramatically. We won't be using the late picks and Ada needs some so that just balances it out given we're getting the older players in the deal.

meow meow

London trade: picks 3 + 22
Christchurch trade: picks 5 + 11

Reason: wanted to move from 5 to 3... obviously.