Vacant Coaching Position - Leeds Leeches

Started by Ringo, August 23, 2017, 11:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Following winning the premiership jhello has decided to relinquish his position as head coach. We thank jhello for his efforts with this team and in winning the grandfinal.

In accordance with British XVs rules we are now seeking applications for the vacant coaching position.

Please apply for the position in this thread.  Application to include who you are, why you should be coach, list the best XV and what would you do with this team

Leeches Team
Def: Alex Rance (Rich), Dylan Roberton (StK), Michael Johnson (Fre), Jeremy Howe (Coll), Tom Sheridan (Fre), Sam Gilbert (StK), Jeremy Laidler (Syd), Daniel McStay (Bris), Alex Johnson (Syd), Jack Scrimshaw (GC), MacKenzie Willis (GC), Jordan Ridley (Ess), Tom Stewart (Geel)

Mid: Gary Ablett (GC), David Mundy (Fre), Jack Viney (Melb), Dom Tyson (Melb), Tom Scully (GWS), Sam Kerridge (Carl), David Mackay (Adel), Liam Duggan (WC), Jonathan O'Rourke (Haw), Clayton Oliver (Melb), Darcy Tucker (Fre)

Ruck: Sam Jacobs (Adel), Reilly O'Brien (Adel), Tom Campbell (WB), Marc Pittonet (Haw)

Fwd: Jack Billings (StK), Isaac Smith (Haw), Chris Mayne (Coll), Taylor Walker (Adel), Lewis Jetta (WC), Matt White (Port), Jay Kennedy-Harris (Melb), Jack Sinclair (StK), Rohan Bewick (Bris), Karl Amon (Port), Nakia Cockatoo (Geel), Ben Kennedy (Melb), Kade Stewart (Haw), Lukas Webb (WB), Mason Redman (Ess), Matthew Allen (WC), Declan Hamilton (WB)

British xvs uses a customised UF scoring system,

British Rules can be found in this thread

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,70282.0.html

As we are into trading applications will close 11:59pm Monday 28th August so as to not disadvantage new coach.

If you have any queries please feel free to PM myself or GoLions.

GoLions

This team also won our knockout cup competition this season, so is a fantastic list to take over and will be competitive for quite a while with that core group of players!

And once again, thanks to jhello for the time and effort he has put into the comp, and into getting the Leeches to where they are now :)
Unfortunately he just doesn't have the time anymore, and felt it was best to stand down before it gets to the stage where he can't take care of the team properly.

Pkbaldy

meow meow

Wouldn't mind taking over this team. I'd probably ruin it since I'm awful at trading.

Also why don't you guys use the real sportal scoring system? Too simple?

GoLions

Quote from: meow meow on August 24, 2017, 09:27:26 AM
Wouldn't mind taking over this team. I'd probably ruin it since I'm awful at trading.

I came in after Sportal stopped and we moved to DT+SC avg for a year, and then were able to use UF and settled on this scoring, so I probably can't answer that question :P

Scoring is still unique though and everyone seems happy with it haha

LF

Quote from: GoLions on August 24, 2017, 12:25:45 PM
Quote from: meow meow on August 24, 2017, 09:27:26 AM

I came in after Sportal stopped and we moved to DT+SC avg for a year, and then were able to use UF and settled on this scoring, so I probably can't answer that question :P

Scoring is still unique though and everyone seems happy with it haha

It's as close to the Sportal scoring as possible,a couple things got added like spoils to help add a bit more to defenders scoring

meow meow

Marks weren't a scoring stat, they were just included under contested or uncontested possession. Clangers were -5. FF and FA (usually Clangers anyway) weren't a scoring stat either. Disposal efficiency wasn't a thing.

Ringo

Sportal ceased to be a comp 3 seasons ago. We ran season as a combined average of DT & SC which was not suitable.

So when the opportunity arose to use a customised Ultimate Footy Scoring System we wend down that road in an endeavour to keep our comp unique. Has worked well fo last 2 years.

Current scoring system
Scoring Settings
Stat    Description    Value
KI    Kicks    3
HB    Handballs    1
MA    Marks    3
HO    Hitouts    1
TA    Tackles    3
FF    Free Kicks For    1
FA    Free Kicks Against    -3
GL    Goals    6
BH    Behinds    1
ED    Effective Disposals    2
CP    Contested Possessions    4
CL    Clearances    2
SP    Spoils    2

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on August 24, 2017, 03:34:18 PM
a combined average of DT & SC which was not suitable.
I beg to differ!  :P

Rusty00

meow meow

A free for counts as a contested possession, and then you get another 1 on top of that. Odd.

Glennjamin

Hello,

My name is Glenn and I'm interested in becoming the new coach for this team. While I'm completely new to the FanFooty forums and the concept of XVs competitions, I have been playing both AFL fantasy and SuperCoach avidly for a number of years, with my best finishes being ~500 in AFL fantasy last year and ~2000 in SuperCoach this year - barring a disaster in the final round. I have also discussed XVs leagues with iZander quite a bit throughout the year, and he was the one who let me know there was a coaching vacancy.

Best VX:
Backs: Rance, Roberton, Howe, Duggan
Mids: Ablett, Oliver, Viney, Mundy
Ruck: Jacobs
Forwards: Billings, Smith, Walker, Sinclair
Utilities: Scully, Tyson
Emergencies: Johnson, Kerridge, O'Brien, Amon
Captain: Ablett
Vice-Captain: Oliver
Emergency Vice Captain: Jacobs

As for what I'd do with the team.. I could see Isaac Smith losing his forward eligibility which would create a need for another starting-caliber forward. Other than that, just to win as much as possible.

Cheers for your consideration!

Hawka

I would like to put my name forward please
I will put in my full application later just expressing interest!

meow meow

Endorsed by iZander, and without a team. I'll withdraw my kind of application. Good luck Glenn!

fanTCfool

Evening!

With a full yet hectic season of fantasy footy behind us, I'm keen to turn to new challenges for the off-season.

The Leeds list is an exciting one, and coming off the back of a flag this season, who wouldn't want to get involved!

Having missed out on recent vacancies in Euros and Americas DT, I'm even more keen to secure a Head Coaching role here on FF.

Currently the Head Coach of Quito in ASC and Co-Coach of Mongolian in AXV, I have also been an assistant to the Rams here in BXV meaning that I am not completely unfamiliar with the conventions, history and scoring of the BXVs. Additionally, I coached the Jakarta Dragons to a WXVW premiership this year, act as an off-season assistant to Mexico and run the UTG on other parts of this forum.

The interesting bit,

D: Dylan Roberton, Jeremy Howe, Alex Rance, Tom Stewart
M: Gary Ablett (C), Clayton Oliver (VC), David Mundy, Jack Viney
R: Sam Jacobs
F: Jack Billings, Isaac Smith, Taylor Walker, Jack Sinclair
U: Tom Scully, Dom Tyson
E: David Mookay, Sam Kerridge, Lewis Jetta, Liam Duggan

As previously mentioned, Smith is no certainty to hold onto forward status, meaning F4 could need some work. With a strong list of assets, I'm sure one could be obtained via trade to set up Leeds for another strong run at a flag.

Cheers!