2017/2018 NFL Fantasy Football league

Started by Mat0369, August 16, 2017, 09:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 02, 2017, 01:30:17 AM
I'll send him a PM now.

I might have to replace another owner since one of the guys isn't going to have  internet for the draft. He is asking me to change it to tomorrow night and I've given him an emphatic no.

Yeah i've got a draft already for tonight... This one includes alcohol... hahaha

Hawka

Hey fellas need one person for a draft ASAP, draft time is 3pm, PM if your keen

Mat0369

The FF portion of ESPN is currently down. Considering the draft is tomorrow I'm going to see if I can turn it into a 10 team league. I'll add 2 bench spots to deplete the depth a little and make it more challenging.

Mat0369

Draft order done.

1 - Pkbaldy
2 - Easy White Chocolate
3 - Team 5
4 - DCC
5 - Forever Uncleans
6 - The Brat Pack
7 - All-Day Daycare
8 - Cousin Harrison
9 - Mat Barkley Express
10 - Brady Most Definitely Cheated

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 03, 2017, 07:28:49 PM
Draft order done.

1 - Pkbaldy
2 - Easy White Chocolate
3 - Team 5
4 - DCC
5 - Forever Uncleans
6 - The Brat Pack
7 - All-Day Daycare
8 - Cousin Harrison
9 - Mat Barkley Express
10 - Brady Most Definitely Cheated

Oh, this is interesting haha. Never had first pick in any draft.
So it's 9pm tomorrow??

Mat0369

Yup. 9pm tomorrow. I tried for 8pm but like I said earlier ESPN doesn't let me. It's weird because they used to have lobbies at that time

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 03, 2017, 09:13:55 PM
Yup. 9pm tomorrow. I tried for 8pm but like I said earlier ESPN doesn't let me. It's weird because they used to have lobbies at that time

Hope it goes quickly hahaha...
Have work Tuesday at 6am.... And the ESPN site is odd, don't really know how to set up an automatic order.

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: Pkbaldy on September 03, 2017, 09:22:01 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on September 03, 2017, 09:13:55 PM

Hope it goes quickly hahaha...
Have work Tuesday at 6am.... And the ESPN site is odd, don't really know how to set up an automatic order.
Had a 10 team on Saturday and it took like 1.5 hours

Mat0369

Don't mind my team.

Stafford
Muscle Hamster/Squiz
Fournette
Evans
Michael Thomas
Nuk
Eifert
Eagles
Santos

Rivers
Ingram
Adams
CJ Anderson
Hogan
Rivers
Hunter Henry
Wright
Smallwood

BratPack

Happy with my team too

Wilson - Don't really have Wilson in that many leagues. But should be pretty good.

Hunt - Number 1 RB in Andy Reid system. Money
Woodhead - The god of PPR running backs. Hopefully he doesn't do his knee in week 2 AGAIN.  >:(

Green - I hate Holz. That is all.
Cooks - Too good to pass up where he was. Going to be awesome

Graham - Risky but looks back to his best. In hindsight I probably should've taken a backup. Oh well

Pryor - Going to be big on a good Washington team

Cards D - Meh. I'll probably play waiver wire roulette with Defence
Koo (KOREAN!) - He's Korean. That's all you need to know.

Riddick - PPR stud
Sproles - PPR stud
Zay Jones - Someone has to catch the damn ball in Buffalo and it sure as hell ain't going to be Jordan flowering Matthews.
Carr - Solid backup for Wilson. Especially if he's back to what he was before he got injured.
J.White - PPR stud
Kupp - Someone has to catch the damn ball for the Rams and it sure as hell ain't going to be Sammy Watkins because Jared Goff can't throw the ball more than 5 yards. I don't need both Kupp and Jones to pay off. I just need ONE of them to pay off.
Blount - Handcuff basically. I don't buy Smallwood.
Kamara - This year's Travaris Cadet. Another PPR stud
Amendola - I know I shouldn't do it. I know he's kryptonite. I know he's promised for so many years and done nothing. But something just tells me it's going to be Amendola that takes the Edelman role. They like Hogan too much as the deep threat.

Plenty of PPR studs.

Capper

9 bench players is alot

Thats why i have Brady, Brees, Prescott

Mat0369

It's really not that bad. If anything you should be handcuffing your RB like I did with Martin/Rodgers. Teams generally don't handcuff since it takes an important bench spot. The two extra slots can basically be handcuffs.

Pkbaldy

I feel like death this morning,....

Still happy with my picks. Draft went very smoothly.

Holz

I think I did well im predicted to put up 130 points this week and top score but im sure ill come last somehow.

QB Cam Newton - Pretty happy with him, reckon he will be a top 10 QB easy on a bounce back
QB2 Andrew Luck - Clearly a star when healthy even with the O line, top 5 potential so thats why i have Newton

RB1 Jordan Howard: geez nervous about him but good O line and QB who cant throw
RB1*: Darren McFadden: Should be a top RB for the first 6 weeks, Great O Line, with a team that runs. Steal at his pick.
RB2: Isiah Crowell: Another bad team with a Good O Line again a little nervous.

RB Back Ups:

Adrian Peterson: Old Yes, #1 option: No, but geez he still has upside.
Thomas Rawls: Banking on Eddie Lacy being no good.
James Conner: Will do nothing unless Bell goes down, given his past its certainly possible.

WR1: Julio Jones: Nothing needs to be said
WR2: Doug Baldwin: I think Wilson bounces back this year and its a shame i dont have him but Baldwin is solid.
WR3: Emannual Sanders: Will get plenty of throws but his QB sucks I reckon he will be up and down.

WR Back Ups: i went unusual with this one and looked for Handcuffs

Mohamad Sanu + Taylor Gabriel: I have the whole Atlanta WR core so if Jones goes down i wont be hit too hard.
Sterling Shepperd: IF OBJ does something stupid or gets injured I have a WR2 option at worst i think.
Jamison Crowder: My only good WR pick that doesnt rely on injury, small but lets see what he can do,

TE:

Travis Kelce: Top 5 TE but at this point i realised i should have got a backup.

D + Kicker: Got what is supposed to be the best of the best in Seatle and Tucker. Lets see if picking them early panned out. As i was going handcuffs late in the draft not talent I could reach.

I will see if my handcuff method works out with WR and RB. As it stands my bench are not good fantasy options they need injuries to breakout.

I do like my Luck Newton combo though.

BratPack

Quote from: Holz on September 05, 2017, 11:04:42 AM
WR1: Julio Jones: Nothing needs to be said

FLOWER YOU! FLOWER YOU! FLOWER YOU! FLOWER YOU!

I'm not salty, you're salty.