ROUND 22 2017 MATCH CENTRE PRELIMINARY FINALS

Started by nas, August 15, 2017, 10:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

upthemaidens

Good chance to regain Miles this week, team is looking quite strong.  Basically a coin flip against the Elephants.

I think we are due to crack 2200 and make a long awaited Grand Final.  So the prophecy has told.....

Nige

The team's been in pretty good form of late (even in the week off).

JJK has a tough match up this week which was enough to concern to take the VC off him.

Backing Ollie Wines to bounce back from a tough past few weeks and hoping Aaron Hall can have a game like 3 weeks ago.

Every chance half our blokes shower the bed too though, I'm almost expecting it.

Jay

Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2017, 12:46:09 PM

JJK has a tough match up this week which was enough to concern to take the VC off him.

Backing Ollie Wines to bounce back from a tough past few weeks and hoping Aaron Hall can have a game like 3 weeks ago.

Every chance half our blokes shower the bed too though, I'm almost expecting it.
Good luck Nige, two teams in some nice form. And the good thing for you is that I'm guaranteed to pick the the wrong one of Sloane/Bont to skipper :P

Nige

Quote from: Jay on August 18, 2017, 06:59:52 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2017, 12:46:09 PM

Good luck Nige, two teams in some nice form. And the good thing for you is that I'm guaranteed to pick the the wrong one of Sloane/Bont to skipper :P
Had to pick one of our 7 starting quality mids to bench, pick from about 4 terrible options for D4 and then also decide C and VC, was not fun.

In the end I went with the recommendation of my assistant for captaincy choices so I have somebody to blame when things go wrong.  :P

Nige

Well, Rory Sloane's already won it for the Strikers.

G-flowering-g.

upthemaidens

Sloane, Jacobs, McVeigh, Jack and Sinclair getting us off to a solid start. 

upthemaidens

That was not the Captain performance we were looking for Mr.Bont.   

"And the good thing for you is that I'm guaranteed to pick the wrong one of Sloane/Bont to skipper".    Well Jay you predicted it.
   Remember the Seinfeld episode where George decides to do the opposite? If everything you do is wrong, then the opposite must be right.  :)

Nige

Jay

Quote from: Nige on August 19, 2017, 08:00:42 PM
Shiels a late out so we get Boak's 174!
What strings at Hawthorn have you pulled this afternoon, Nige?  >:(

Nige

Quote from: Jay on August 19, 2017, 08:06:48 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 19, 2017, 08:00:42 PM
Shiels a late out so we get Boak's 174!
What strings at Hawthorn have you pulled this afternoon, Nige?  >:(
Yeah look, gave old mate Clarko a buzz and asked if he could do me a solid.

Also knew that Boak plays well every second week (just check his scores) and he was shower last week, so this was all planned.

Nige

Jay

Nige

fanTCfool

Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2017, 11:03:10 PM
Well, Rory Sloane's already won it for the Strikers.

G-flowering-g.

Pretty sure this counts as an auto-forfeit so congratulations to the Strikers  8)