EXV: New Coach Position Announcement

Started by Holz, August 09, 2017, 10:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: GoLions on August 09, 2017, 05:09:27 PM
I'd imagine the redraft would only happen if the new coaches actually want a redraft? If all 3 are happy to take on separate already existing teams then i feel like they should be able to do that.

Ziplock

Yeah, I think that process should be relatively  private  between  the comp admins and the individual  coaches (so for example we dont know that coaches A and B wanted to keep their teams but coach C wanted a redraft).

Real  question  is.... can the redrafters trade their picks in the redraft to the non redrafters :p

JBs-Hawks

They don't need to agree to have there team re drafted. They are aapplying for a spot in the re draft, not for a list.

LF

Quote from: Nige on August 09, 2017, 05:18:15 PM
I'd imagine the redraft would only happen if the new coaches actually want a redraft? If all 3 are happy to take on separate already existing teams then i feel like they should be able to do that.

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 09, 2017, 05:27:55 PM
They don't need to agree to have there team re drafted. They are aapplying for a spot in the re draft, not for a list.
I actually don't believe it's either. I think you'll find they're basically just applying to be a coach and won't get a say either way.

SydneyRox

Everyone loves a draft!! Cant see any new coach not wanting to play that game!

The idea of coaches out side the draft being able to trade into it is a great idea as well IMO

Holz

You are correct. Just an idea which i rhink people will like

Holz

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 09, 2017, 05:45:54 PM
Everyone loves a draft!! Cant see any new coach not wanting to play that game!

The idea of coaches out side the draft being able to trade into it is a great idea as well IMO

It is but would slow it down greatly.

Teams could always say target player X ill give you player Y

nas

I would like to apply for one of the upcoming EXV Coaching positions.

In terms of coaching experience I have the following:
Have teams in Americas SC & DT, with both participating in the finals to date.
AXV & also duties of Co-admin.
BXV team is also participating in the finals to date.

EXV: Currently an Assistant coach to LaHug of the Belarus Bison & just recently, have also taken on the duties of Co-admin of EXV's.

Active with involvement on all of the above, as with the rest of forums of FF, enjoy trading, & drafting during the off season. Respond to PM's as soon as I can, so as to wether it involves trades, drafts, admin duties etc.

I will not stand in the way of any applicants with no teams in the XV Competitions.

Ringo

Quote from: Rids on August 09, 2017, 02:41:07 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 09, 2017, 02:39:16 PM
Quote from: Rids on August 09, 2017, 02:35:51 PM
Just wanted to add my 2 cents here.

I think having coaches who are already active in XV comps is a huge plus rather than going for someone who hasn't got a team. They could then possibly be a co-coach. I know some of the XV thread really struggle with activity at times so having people already involved and very active will be important.

Nothing worse than someone not replying to a message for weeks etc. It is a pet hate of Nostra and mine tbh. (Yes... we are cranky old men but would rather a blunt reply than no reply at all  :D :D :D )

100% agree with you on activity, but if people are very active on the forum generally and in other areas and they have 1 team to focus on then i find they are the most active of people. Having a few XV teams does mean you spread your time and also interest.

Like i follow my players and i purposely have similar line ups in my comps so that I can cheer on Goldy for example. when i had 3 teams i was all over the place.

Hence why co-coaches could be a very good solution. We get the best of 2 worlds there. I know the arrangement between Nostra and I is very much cover while the other guy is too busy etc. It has worked very well for us.
I would be happy to co=coach with a new coach if need be with a view of them taking over in due course.

meow meow

MEOW MEOW APPLICATION

Hey all. I am formally applying for a coaching position in EXV. Why? Because I have too much time on my hands and would like to get involved in another XV comp with a bunch of different coaches. I don't know many of you and it'd be interesting to partake in a comp with new people.

What makes me suitable for the position? I talk a lot of crap and the EXV boards would see a lot more activity. I like to trade, I like banter and I'm okay at this game, so won't be a total spud.

Experience? As most of you would know, I was an original EXV coach. Took Sweden to the prelim in year one after having built the most amazing list. Honorably gave up my team since I also had a WXV team and thought I was being greedy with 2 while others had none. Clearly a stand up guy.

Current coach of Christchurch in WXV and one of the most active on the board. Have been involved in a redraft and would relish the opportunity to build a new franchise into a powerhouse.

Pick me. I use terms like relish the opportunity. How could you not be impressed by that?

fanTCfool

Just confirming my interest having already been contacted outside of the forum regarding potential vacancies.

I spend a load of time on the forum, and would definitely add to the banter and activity it seems is needed to reinvigorate this part of town.

Currently, I am the Head Coach of Quito in ASC, and co-coach the Lambs in AXV. I am also an 'off-season assistant' for Mexico in WXV and have done the same previously in BXV. As it stands, I also have a pending application for a spot as an ADT coach. Outside of the realms of your standard keeper leagues, I coached the Dragons to the inaugural WXVW premiership and admin the Ultimate Team Game.

I thoroughly enjoy throwing the chess pieces around in trades, and am especially interested in a re-draft for, as a relatively new member of this forum, have not participated in a full draft before. I'm online daily, even in the off-season, so will be around for trades, drafts and anything else that may take place.

Additionally, if unable to obtain a position, my services are available to any incoming coach, or current coach for that matter, as a co-coach, assist or otherwise should they wish to take me on!

Cheers.

Torpedo10

Quote from: meow meow on August 10, 2017, 11:38:15 AM
MEOW MEOW APPLICATION

Hey all. I am formally applying for a coaching position in EXV. Why? Because I have too much time on my hands and would like to get involved in another XV comp with a bunch of different coaches. I don't know many of you and it'd be interesting to partake in a comp with new people.

What makes me suitable for the position? I talk a lot of crap and the EXV boards would see a lot more activity. I like to trade, I like banter and I'm okay at this game, so won't be a total spud.

Experience? As most of you would know, I was an original EXV coach. Took Sweden to the prelim in year one after having built the most amazing list. Honorably gave up my team since I also had a WXV team and thought I was being greedy with 2 while others had none. Clearly a stand up guy.

Current coach of Christchurch in WXV and one of the most active on the board. Have been involved in a redraft and would relish the opportunity to build a new franchise into a powerhouse.

Pick me. I use terms like relish the opportunity. How could you not be impressed by that?
I would like to publicly acknowledge you for this noble act.

You know what I mean, vote for this guy.  ;)

Hawka

I will put my hat in the ring
I had a hiatus but now im back
I used to have a euros team
I now have an Asians team and am a UTG man

Koop

KOOP & TOMK'S CO-COACH APPLICATION

Hello Euro XV coaches. I would like to confirm my interest in coaching a vacant Euro's team. However, in a twist, I will be bringing in a co-coach to talk smack, bring the bante,r and introduce him to the wonderful world of the XV's. TomK is a stand-up individual with a keen eye for fantasy football, and together I believe we will make a formiddable partnership going forward into 2018 if successful in our application.

TomK

Participant of FF's Ultimate Team Game (UTG) - 2016-present
Guadalajara Pirates assistant (AXVIII) - 2017-present
Possesses the meanest dark selfie in the whole of the fantasy football community.
Has an all-around clean lid, would rate 10/10 if a non-psycho female.
Current DT Rank: 1040
Current AF Rank: 3293

Koop

Kathmandu Eskimos inaugural coach (AXV) - 2012-2014
Huddersfield Hawks assistant (BXV) - 2012-2013
Liverpool Rams assistant (BXV) - 2013-2014
Nicaragua Survivors inaugural coach (AXVIII DT) - 2013-2014
Alberta Rockies inaugural coach (dissolved) (AXVIII SC) - 2013-2014
Taiwan Dolphins coach (AXV) -2016-present
Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs assistant/coach (BXV) - 2016-present
Colorado Avalanche assistant/coach (AXVIII SC) - 2016-present
Algerian Antelopes inaugural coach (Womens WXV) - 2016-present
Participant of FF's Ultimate Team Game (UTG) - 2017-present
Current DT Rank: 302
Current AF Rank: 9179

Are we suitable for the position? Depends on whether we get Hugh Greenwood or not. Tom might have an aneurysm otherwise. Boards would see a rise in activity with two fully active members of the coaching circle.

Don't think either of us is fussed whether a re-draft is conducted or original teams are kept. I do like the challenge of a rebuild, having taken both Kathmandu & Taiwan from spoons or second-last to finals in the space of a season. So if we do keep original teams, I'd prefer the weaker squad of the 3. We will trade hard regardless, not as hard as Tom goes at the town on a Saturday night, but pretty close.

Thankyou for considering our application.