EXV: New Coach Position Announcement

Started by Holz, August 09, 2017, 10:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

So HP and Nige have both formally resigned from their teams and it is possible that 1 more might also be leaving due to time commitments.

The big new that if there are 3 new coaches, I wanted to do a redraft pooling the 3 teams together, so that the new coaches feel it really is their team and honestly it is alot of fun and something I have wanted to do for a long time.

Now on popular opinion I will be putting applications up to the 2-3 teams available. As we might be doing a re-draft please don't apply for a particular team, just let people know who you are what you have or have not done in XVs, what you do in other comps etc...

I know by the looks of it Koop Ringo GoLions FTC Hawka Nas Tomk have all shown interest so would like to hear from them here. I will have the 11 remaining teams vote on applications and this is something that i will start doing going forward. If you chose not to vote then there will not be in repercussions, its just your vote will not be heard.

Im also going to throw open the rule discussion thread and we will be voting on a few rules aswell.

meow meow

Holz

SydneyRox

Can i please be  considered?

I have a few teams already in AXV, BXV and Americas, was also a former mod on the Americas SC. So if new coaches apply, I will also not stand in their way.

But having said that, I am active and enjoy the off season parts of these comps with the draft and trading which is why I am happy to step up.

Holz

Everyone can now be considered, Just post up a brief resume just what you do in XV etc.. what you do in the forum. What you will bring to the comp.

Because some people like myself only go to a few areas of FF so if your not in WXV EXV Basketball chat or SC chat then im not sure what people do.

Ringo

I would like to be considered however will not stand in way of any applicants with no teams in the XV competitions.

So i will stand on my record and with involvement in Worlds and Co-admin of British. Moderator of forums and active. Application will be withdrawn if new coach applies.

Ziplock

Hawka just wants back in so he can trade jelwood for liam shirls again :p

Rids

Just wanted to add my 2 cents here.

I think having coaches who are already active in XV comps is a huge plus rather than going for someone who hasn't got a team. New to XV coaches could then possibly be a co-coach. I know some of the XV comps/threads really struggle with activity at times so having people already involved and very active will be important.

Nothing worse than someone not replying to a message for weeks etc. It is a pet hate of Nostra and mine tbh. (Yes... we are cranky old men but would rather a blunt reply than no reply at all  :D :D :D )

Holz

Quote from: Rids on August 09, 2017, 02:35:51 PM

I think having coaches who are already active in XV comps is a huge plus rather than going for someone who hasn't got a team. They could then possibly be a co-coach. I know some of the XV thread really struggle with activity at times so having people already involved and very active will be important.

Nothing worse than someone not replying to a message for weeks etc. It is a pet hate of Nostra and mine tbh. (Yes... we are cranky old men but would rather a blunt reply than no reply at all  :D :D :D )

100% agree with you on activity, but if people are very active on the forum generally and in other areas and they have 1 team to focus on then i find they are the most active of people. Having a few XV teams does mean you spread your time and also interest.

Like i follow my players and i purposely have similar line ups in my comps so that I can cheer on Goldy for example. when i had 3 teams i was all over the place.

Rids

Quote from: Holz on August 09, 2017, 02:39:16 PM

I think having coaches who are already active in XV comps is a huge plus rather than going for someone who hasn't got a team. They could then possibly be a co-coach. I know some of the XV thread really struggle with activity at times so having people already involved and very active will be important.

100% agree with you on activity, but if people are very active on the forum generally and in other areas and they have 1 team to focus on then i find they are the most active of people. Having a few XV teams does mean you spread your time and also interest.

Like i follow my players and i purposely have similar line ups in my comps so that I can cheer on Goldy for example. when i had 3 teams i was all over the place.

Hence why co-coaches could be a very good solution. We get the best of 2 worlds there. I know the arrangement between Nostra and I is very much cover while the other guy is too busy etc. It has worked very well for us.

Ziplock

Quote from: Rids on August 09, 2017, 02:41:07 PM

Hence why co-coaches could be a very good solution. We get the best of 2 worlds there. I know the arrangement between Nostra and I is very much cover while the other guy is too busy etc. It has worked very well for us.

I think you're confusing not wanting your shower players  with inactivity :p

Rids

Quote from: Ziplock on August 09, 2017, 04:49:01 PM
Quote from: Rids on August 09, 2017, 02:41:07 PM

I think you're confusing not wanting your potential shower Premiership players  with inactivity :p

Quite possibly haha! I helped you out with the typos ::) ::) ::)

GoLions

I'd imagine the redraft would only happen if the new coaches actually want a redraft? If all 3 are happy to take on separate already existing teams then i feel like they should be able to do that.

Hellopplz