Main Menu

Future Without Nroo

Started by Pkbaldy, August 03, 2017, 12:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Going to be interesting how we scheme our plan not revolving around Nroo like we have for the last 10 years+.

Nick Riewoldt, Leigh Montagna (I think he'll go) and Sean Dempster retiring in 1 year will drastically drop our experience and age.
Having 2 picks in the top 10 will help, which hopefully we can get a star (Josh Kelly) with the picks, or even the possibility of Dustin Martin through FA, but I highly doubt he will leave Richmond.

I still think we should just go to the draft, recruit 2 top 10 possible stars, because if we are still constantly playing people like Weller, Lonie and Wright we will never win a premiership. Because they are super inconsistent and most of the time they're just trash.

2018 Possible team;

Geary, Brown, Webster
Roberton, Carlisle, Rice
Longer, Ross, Steven
Newnes, Steele, Sinclair
Billings, Marshall, Acres
Gresham, Bruce, Membrey
Dunstan, Stevens, Long, Armitage

I'd love for Armitage to change his role into what Montagna has been doing for the last couple of season, I think he could benefit and possibly do a better job than Montagna. But it would be easy to remove Dunstan or Stevens out for Josh Kelly, it would improve our team by 10 fold. There is always the possibility of Nathan Freeman starting next season, which would be amazing, as the guy has the ability to play the top level, we just need to get him fit and chuck him in straight away.

But if we didn't there would be some very handy options in the draft;

Pick 5-12 range (2 Picks);
Darcy Fogarty - 192cm - Utility - Can play in the midfield or up forward. Has a season ending injury, so could scare us a little bit.
But the guy has a huge ceiling so would be well worth the risk.

Jack Higgins - 178cm - Outside Midfielder - Can also play up forward, so could use him and Gresham as a wing/pocket rotation. Higgins has great pressure and puts in plenty of effort into all of his contests (Major upgrade on Lonie)

Lochie O'Brien - 184cm - Outside Midfielder - Could be a round 1 fit. For the fact that this kid has the best kicking skills out of anyone in the last 2 drafts. Could be a little early to pick him, but seeing as after our first 2 picks we don't have another pick until the 50s. It wouldn't be a stretch, Would fit well on the wing, be a good goal assist player.

Noah Balta - 194cm - Key Position Swingman - Easily be able to replace Nathan Brown down the track. I think he's best position is a key defender. But does show glimpses of brainfading letting his opponent win with ease. Just incase Goddard didn't work out, it would be worth putting some effort into this kid

meow meow

No love for Gilberto? Has been decent this year. And have you written off McCartin?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: meow meow on August 03, 2017, 12:30:34 PM
No love for Gilberto? Has been decent this year. And have you written off McCartin?

I do love me some Gilbert. But he'd be my 23rd man.

Probably with McCartin is you just don't know if he will play. The poor guy is a ticking time bomb, he gets concussed a couple more times the guy will be forced to retire. So i'm leaving him out for that reason. If he were to play he'd obviously replace Marshall. But the benefit you get from Marshall is his ability to ruck, and allows Bruce to be a permanent forward.

enzedder

Not having Gilbert is right.
He's been a loyal servant but every time he goes near it I have a heart attack. Prefer others.