Round 20 trades

Started by jvalles69, July 31, 2017, 12:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 04, 2017, 10:27:28 AM
Quote from: LaHug on August 04, 2017, 10:19:55 AM
For me, I'm in a pickle. I've got Blakely, JPK, Danger, Darcy. I'll use next week's trades to fix anything else but, for this week, which scoring combo?

1. Ryan, Gawn, Tucker
2. Houli, Zorko/Gibbs/Dusty, Soldo
3. Houli, Young, Ryder
Tricky decision. Ryan and Tucker could go alright this week with Freo playing GC, but I think it has to be one of the options with 2 premos. I'd be leaning towards option 2 and hoping one of the big gun mids go huge.

2 > 1 > 3

LaHug

For me, I'm in a pickle. I've got Blakely, JPK, Danger, Darcy. I'll use next week's trades to fix anything else but, for this week, which scoring combo?

1. Ryan, Gawn, Tucker
3. Houli, Young, Ryder
Tricky decision. Ryan and Tucker could go alright this week with Freo playing GC, but I think it has to be one of the options with 2 premos. I'd be leaning towards option 2 and hoping one of the big gun mids go huge.

Cheers. I'm thinking 2 as well but obviously depends on if Soldo is named or not. Soldo and Young both equal 50. Houli 95, Ryder 95, Gawn 95, Ryan 80 but could do more against GC, Tucker 80 but could do more against GC. Zorko/Gibbs/Dusty could get 120s but first two are tag threats.

So it's:
1. 255-300
2. 265
3. 240

2 is the best unless Ryan and Tucker smash. 1 is the highest ceiling. 3 is clearly out.

jvalles69

Quote from: LaHug on August 04, 2017, 10:51:38 AM

1. Ryan, Gawn, Tucker
3. Houli, Young, Ryder

Cheers. I'm thinking 2 as well but obviously depends on if Soldo is named or not. Soldo and Young both equal 50. Houli 95, Ryder 95, Gawn 95, Ryan 80 but could do more against GC, Tucker 80 but could do more against GC. Zorko/Gibbs/Dusty could get 120s but first two are tag threats.

So it's:
1. 255-300
2. 265
3. 240

2 is the best unless Ryan and Tucker smash. 1 is the highest ceiling. 3 is clearly out.

Who tags from Essendon?  Only reason I ask as I'm currently bringing in Gibbs for Danger...

LaHug

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 04, 2017, 11:21:15 AM

1. Ryan, Gawn, Tucker
3. Houli, Young, Ryder

So it's:
1. 255-300
2. 265
3. 240

Who tags from Essendon?  Only reason I ask as I'm currently bringing in Gibbs for Danger...

Nobody, which is why he should be fine. But he has shown he's badly affected by a tag which makes him a good choice if Essendon decide to change their usual strategy. He could get tagged in other weeks though and I plan on keeping whoever I bring in.

jvalles69

Quote from: LaHug on August 04, 2017, 11:53:46 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 04, 2017, 11:21:15 AM

1. Ryan, Gawn, Tucker
3. Houli, Young, Ryder

So it's:
1. 255-300
2. 265
3. 240

Nobody, which is why he should be fine. But he has shown he's badly affected by a tag which makes him a good choice if Essendon decide to change their usual strategy. He could get tagged in other weeks though and I plan on keeping whoever I bring in.

Don't scare me like that! Bombers, Eagles, Hawks, Swans coming up, prob Hutchings next week is a risk, but I'm more concerned about a win this week.  Beams and Ablett are options, but way more risky imo, both shoulders could go at any time.  Duncan is the other player I'm considering, however Gibbs has that ceiling.

LaHug

I'd pick Beams from that group tbh. Makes you some cash too, doesn't he? So you can sideways other players more easily.

jvalles69

Quote from: LaHug on August 04, 2017, 12:08:36 PM
I'd pick Beams from that group tbh. Makes you some cash too, doesn't he? So you can sideways other players more easily.

This is true and is prob the top choice, however I'm scared he's going to do his shoulder again.  Most traded in player for the round, and thats the time things like this happen.  If 1000's of coaches bring him in and he goes down, basically gives me the jump in every league.  If not no big deal either.

LaHug

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 04, 2017, 12:18:54 PM

This is true and is prob the top choice, however I'm scared he's going to do his shoulder again.  Most traded in player for the round, and thats the time things like this happen.  If 1000's of coaches bring him in and he goes down, basically gives me the jump in every league.  If not no big deal either.

All comes down to whether you need a POD or to go with the flow and get Beams. If you really want someone from left field, Cotchin's got a very good run home and is in some decent form. Probably only a 106-108 average from hear on out though.

jvalles69

Quote from: LaHug on August 04, 2017, 12:31:01 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 04, 2017, 12:18:54 PM

All comes down to whether you need a POD or to go with the flow and get Beams. If you really want someone from left field, Cotchin's got a very good run home and is in some decent form. Probably only a 106-108 average from hear on out though.

Gonna stick with Gibbs and bring Gawn in to my rucks, all or nothing.

As for your's, I think I'd now back Ryan over Houli...that role at Dockers is huge looking back!

Ringo

Screwed with Team announcements so only have one bench player playing.

Darcy to Griffen
JPK to Zorko (benching Danger)

jvalles69

Quote from: Ringo on August 04, 2017, 01:06:01 PM

Darcy to Griffen

Is Currie cheaper than Griff?

Ringo

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 04, 2017, 01:17:42 PM

Darcy to Griffen

Only 12k cheaper so went for the more experience, Yep Currie was first thoughts but when I checked price had second thoughts at $381k was expecting much lower.

jvalles69

Quote from: Ringo on August 04, 2017, 01:58:53 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 04, 2017, 01:17:42 PM

Darcy to Griffen

Only 12k cheaper so went for the more experience, Yep Currie was first thoughts but when I checked price had second thoughts at $381k was expecting much lower.

Yeah ok, thought he'd be a fair bit cheaper too.

LaHug

Found a better option for me. Leaves me playing Ryan, Gawn, and Cotch or Higgins. Can't toss up between Cotch and Higgins though. Both great runs home. Also considering Andrew Swallow as a huge smokey.

jvalles69

Quote from: LaHug on August 04, 2017, 03:14:40 PM
Found a better option for me. Leaves me playing Ryan, Gawn, and Cotch or Higgins. Can't toss up between Cotch and Higgins though. Both great runs home. Also considering Andrew Swallow as a huge smokey.

I like Cotch out of them.

Would you play Ryan over Tuohy, Newnes?