Important Euros Announcement 2.0!

Started by Nige, July 28, 2017, 03:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Quote from: Holz on July 28, 2017, 10:06:24 PM
Quote from: nas on July 28, 2017, 08:22:48 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on July 28, 2017, 08:05:58 PM
Quote from: LaHug on July 28, 2017, 07:54:17 PM
We're really not going to have a salary cap. The only rule change we're going to have is that I can request whatever trade I want and the rest of you have to agree.

that's how I've been playing for the past 5 years...

#attackonbison

At this stage Zip, you know your attacking a Co-Admin?  #plenaltiescanapplyyouknow. #nasassistantcoachofbisons

Ill join in.

Booo Bisons,

Inside joke for Lahuge in there as well.

I'm getting it holz. Ha but seriously not a fan of Salary Cap.

LaHug

Holz

Nige

So after a bit of asking around and advertising, we've got a bit of interest in Euros coaching positions. At the moment, it appears we'll have at least 2 open coaching positions with 5 or 6 coaches on the shortlist.

At the conclusion of this week, I'll send a PM to the current crop of coaches asking for a response to as their intentions for 2018 and beyond.

After that, I think the fairest thing to do is open up applications and then get each of the current coaches to rank the candidates and award teams that way.

The other thing is to potentially streamline the admin side of things by setting up the league on UF. This is the method BXVs and AXVs use. The benefits of this are that we get fixtures, ladder, a live match centre and results all ready to go. Coaches would have to sign up to UF or just simply add their team (as some coaches in Euros have BXVs/AXVs teams). Everything would still very much be based here, such as team submissions and whatnot, and everything will be posted here (ladders etc). Admins can input teams over on UF so that won't be an issue.

Personally, I'm in support of this, but I welcome all thoughts on the idea.

Spite

Quote from: Nige on July 29, 2017, 02:22:09 PM
So after a bit of asking around and advertising, we've got a bit of interest in Euros coaching positions. At the moment, it appears we'll have at least 2 open coaching positions with 5 or 6 coaches on the shortlist.

At the conclusion of this week, I'll send a PM to the current crop of coaches asking for a response to as their intentions for 2018 and beyond.

After that, I think the fairest thing to do is open up applications and then get each of the current coaches to rank the candidates and award teams that way.

The other thing is to potentially streamline the admin side of things by setting up the league on UF. This is the method BXVs and AXVs use. The benefits of this are that we get fixtures, ladder, a live match centre and results all ready to go. Coaches would have to sign up to UF or just simply add their team (as some coaches in Euros have BXVs/AXVs teams). Everything would still very much be based here, such as team submissions and whatnot, and everything will be posted here (ladders etc). Admins can input teams over on UF so that won't be an issue.

I'm happy with either option. Thanks for stepping up to the plate Nige.

Nige

Quote from: Spite on August 02, 2017, 06:13:33 PM
Quote from: Nige on July 29, 2017, 02:22:09 PM

I'm happy with either option. Thanks for stepping up to the plate Nige.
Ha. Yeah, about that...

Hellopplz

I think here is a good of place as any since it's for an important Euro announcement.

I'll take this chance to address those rumours floating around and announce that I will be retiring from coaching the 2014 Premiers Iceland Polar Bears at the end of this current season.

I will always love the team having been with the Polar Bears since the inception. Despite being in the middle of a rebuild starting last season, I just found myself lacking time to handle 5 fantasy teams across this season and thus was losing interest across almost all of them. Losing some of that passion means I'd rather step aside and let another eager waiting-in-the-wings coach to come in and take the reigns of the Mighty Polar Bears.

I will not be offended if the new coach wants to change the mascot although they will never replace our epic picture Daz made.

Holz

Thanks for posting HP, very sad to see you go but 6 years is a long time and if you dont have the time and the passion to run the comp then its best to move on for the sake of yourself and the comp.

I think HP and the bears will be remembered as the underdog who took down the mighty Serbia in their almost invincible year which was the major blow in the Serbian curse.

IN terms of the Euro there will be a few teams with new coaches and there are plenty of applicants for the jobs. There will be an exciting first for the Euro in the off season so stay tuned for that. Trading might be delayed a week after the grand final for the big change but it should be lots of fun. Then you can trade and draft like crazy.

The dreaded trading cap will be removed and with new coaches and the major change this shapes up to be the most active off season yet.

GoLions

When do application threads for the Storm and Polar Bears go up

nas

Quote from: GoLions on August 04, 2017, 07:52:28 PM

IMO, should be opened up & coaches appointed just prior to the end of the finals series. This then gives the out going coaches a chance to have an input on who could be successful in acquiring their old teams. They are then ready to go for trading, list management etc for 2018.

Ringo

I may be interested in a team but would not want to stand in the way of any coach without teams.

Hellopplz

Quote from: nas on August 05, 2017, 09:46:35 AM
Quote from: GoLions on August 04, 2017, 07:52:28 PM

IMO, should be opened up & coaches appointed just prior to the end of the finals series. This then gives the out going coaches a chance to have an input on who could be successful in acquiring their old teams. They are then ready to go for trading, list management etc for 2018.
Iceland could be opened up now. Think Storm could be opened up after their finals campaign as their season still isn't over!

Koop

Quote from: Ringo on August 05, 2017, 03:36:28 PM
I may be interested in a team but would not want to stand in the way of any coach without teams.

Holz

The coaches are likely already selected. Its active people some who have no teams

Hawka

So there will be no application process for Euros team this off season?