Important Euros Announcement 2.0!

Started by Nige, July 28, 2017, 03:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is your co-captain speaking.

After doing a bit of observing and thinking over the past little while, earlier I approached Holz about the possibility of him stepping down from the Euros admin position. The idea first came about when Holz made the last announcement about Euros.

I'll be stepping into the admin role effective immediately and nas will co-admin to help out to ensure that the comp is constantly looked after to best of our abilities.

Everything will pretty much operate as normal, but we'll try and get results etc up as soon as possible and just make Euros the comp we all want it to be. Once the season ends, we'll also be checking in with coaches asap as to their intentions for 2018, as there are several people with interest in becoming a Euros coach.

I'm definitely looking forward to the opportunity. I'd personally like to thank Holz for all the time and effort he's put in over the years, he's done a tremendous job to bring the comp this far and I'm sure he'll continue to steer the Hulks in the right direction.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Purple 77

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 28, 2017, 03:31:35 PM
Salary cap?
Probably not tbh, not sure how necessary it's gonna be here. However, I'll probably listen to what the coaches think.

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on July 28, 2017, 03:32:51 PM
Salary cap?
Probably not tbh, not sure how necessary it's gonna be here. However, I'll probably listen to what the coaches think.

Ha, just stirring the pot :P

In all seriousness, think this is a good decision for all involved. Congratulations to Holz for multiple years in the role!

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 28, 2017, 03:34:17 PM
Quote from: Nige on July 28, 2017, 03:32:51 PM
Salary cap?

Ha, just stirring the pot :P

In all seriousness, think this is a good decision for all involved. Congratulations to Holz for multiple years in the role!
Maybe I'll just turn Euros into Worlds with DT scoring and less teams.  :P

SydneyRox

Interested in a team if one becomes available :)

Nige

Quote from: SydneyRox on July 28, 2017, 04:08:02 PM
Interested in a team if one becomes available :)
I'll add you to the list!

LaHug

Congrats Nige and nas!

And thanks Holz for all your hard work. Please accept the spoon as a parting gift - no way Bison are losing this week.

Holz

Thanks Nige.

Ill still be involved just not too much on the admim side. Nas and Nige have that covered.

Should be exciting times. Watch out huggy ill spend all my time on my team. Hungary will be back.

And for purp. Im letting go of control but there will never be a salary cap in euro. I like an equal comp where everyone can win :p

Ziplock

can we please not have a salary cap, I like the simplicity of euros.

LaHug

We're really not going to have a salary cap. The only rule change we're going to have is that I can request whatever trade I want and the rest of you have to agree.

Ziplock

Quote from: LaHug on July 28, 2017, 07:54:17 PM
We're really not going to have a salary cap. The only rule change we're going to have is that I can request whatever trade I want and the rest of you have to agree.

that's how I've been playing for the past 5 years...

#attackonbison

nas

Quote from: Ziplock on July 28, 2017, 08:05:58 PM

#attackonbison

At this stage Zip, you know your attacking a Co-Admin?  #plenaltiescanapplyyouknow. #nasassistantcoachofbisons

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on July 28, 2017, 07:53:18 PM
can we please not have a salary cap, I like the simplicity of euros.

Can garuntee this.

There will never be a salary cap.

Euro will remain simple. Just better run.

3 key principles.

1. Simple with no salary caps, contracts etc...
2. Small amount of teams so more quality on lists.
3. Small list sizes so decent rookie draft, so teams can cover weaknesses and helps with competition balance.

Holz

Quote from: nas on July 28, 2017, 08:22:48 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on July 28, 2017, 08:05:58 PM

#attackonbison

At this stage Zip, you know your attacking a Co-Admin?  #plenaltiescanapplyyouknow. #nasassistantcoachofbisons

Ill join in.

Booo Bisons,

Inside joke for Lahuge in there as well.