Main Menu

Are we tanking?

Started by frenzy, July 20, 2017, 09:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenzy

I am positive we are and happy about it, will be good to get some high end Draft picks in for a change. Father-son LMac at pick 7 is the highest on our list. Does anybody know who will go number one this year? because he'll be coming our way. round 23 we play Brissy for the number one draft pick ( Kreuzer Cup ) and five rounds out Brad Scott's already tanking.

Rnd 18
Ziebell - managed
Goldy - omitted
Lindsay Thomas - omitted again.

:o

any thoughts?

fanTCfool

I wouldn't call dropping Lindsay Thomas tanking  :P

meow meow

Could be. North haven't had a #1 pick. Wells at #2 is the highest and despite being injured too much he turned out pretty well.

Holz

I think we are, I think it was very rough to say Goldy omitted. To me he was rested to A. make sure we dont win B. Test out Daw as he is at a cross roads, you can't keep him on athleticism and potential for this many years.

Jy Simpkin
Ben McKay
Sam Durdin
Luke McDonald
Taylor Garner
Brad McKenzie
Shaun Atley

Thats our last 7 years of first round picks. As has been said all but LMac where outside the 10. We just dont have any stars.

We need 1-2 Wines, Bontempelli, Oliver type guys and to get a good chance of getting them you need a high pick.

Cunnington at pick 5 is solid.
JZ at 9 the year before again solid.

so with only 3 top 10 picks from 2007 onwards we have done ok with JZ Cunners Lmac.

we just need more high picks. I dont even think we need the number 1 pick.

Cameron Rayner or Luke Davies-Uniacke if we can just get one its someone to build around. Even Darcy Fogarty would be fine.

All 3 are 187cm plus, 85kg plus and should have an immediate impact.

The other big thing is an early second rounder. Give us a chance to land a Jack Steele, Matt Crouch, Zach Merrett

R.Griffen

Not tanking just ensuring you get pick 1 or 2 which goes to GWS for Kelly along with a player  :P

meow meow

Quote from: R.Griffen on July 21, 2017, 12:18:41 PM
Not tanking just ensuring you get pick 1 or 2 which goes to GWS for Kelly along with a player  :P

Tarrant is the only North player who would be a chance of getting a game for GWS so I doubt they'd want a player. Higgins maybe since SJ is moving on, but Lids should take his spot anyway.

elephants

Depends how you define tanking.

Is winning North's #1 priority right now? I'd say no.

Are North trying to lose? Again, I'd say no.

Ringo

I think when we see the team put out in Rd 23 will let us know if tanking or not.

This should be a winnable game for North so team selected should be on that basis.

Capper

Dropping Goldy when Preuss is injured. Daw as a ruck for a full game will be interesting, maybe Scott wants to see how Daw goes without Goldy. I think North could be without Goldy and Daw next season

AaronKirk

Goldy has been in poor form. flowers my DT side but something had to be done.

Ziebell didn't want to be dropped but probably needs a rest and the quicker you get games into the kids who look good IMO the quicker you can fast track development.

Plus Essendon's record as favorite in games this year is terrible. Might be the thing that gets you the win  :-X

frenzy

Quote from: fanTCfool on July 20, 2017, 10:05:29 PM
I wouldn't call dropping Lindsay Thomas tanking  :P

Haha yep, Two reserve's games for two suspensions ( 6 weeks) and straight back into the seniors and played opposite end of the ground to which he normally plays, only to be demoted again. But your correct, dropping Lindsay's probably doing the team a favour.

Capper

Quote from: Capper on July 21, 2017, 06:32:57 PM
Dropping Goldy when Preuss is injured. Daw as a ruck for a full game will be interesting, maybe Scott wants to see how Daw goes without Goldy. I think North could be without Goldy and Daw next season
I think Daw's future has been seeled. Preuss is the future and Goldy may stay to help him out when required

Holz

Quote from: elephants on July 21, 2017, 04:57:02 PM
Depends how you define tanking.

Is winning North's #1 priority right now? I'd say no.

Are North trying to lose? Again, I'd say no.

Totally correct.

North is trying to lose, but we aren't trying to win either.

I think we are trying to test out the future, rather then go for the number 1 pick.

In saying that we should field a good team round 23.

I still dont like the Goldy drop regardless. It just drops his trade value, if he does not play this week then they have lost the plot. If your season is over stick with him and trade him. I dont trust Preuss yet as sole ruck and I dont like Daw. But if your going to trade at least get a better deal.

Could be the difference between a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

roo boys!

Agree in part Holz, but by the same token if Majak is able to show something as the number 1 ruck it could add plenty to his trade value for clubs in need of a ruck as at the moment he's worth very little as a second/third tall forward.

Also if Goldy comes back from the VFL and pulls his finger out on the run home he could come charging back into relevance for clubs in the market

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on July 25, 2017, 05:00:29 PM
Agree in part Holz, but by the same token if Majak is able to show something as the number 1 ruck it could add plenty to his trade value for clubs in need of a ruck as at the moment he's worth very little as a second/third tall forward.

Also if Goldy comes back from the VFL and pulls his finger out on the run home he could come charging back into relevance for clubs in the market

How bad has goldy been playing?

I know he had a shocker v Port but stats wise he was going ok for 2 months.

38 Hitouts, 14 touches, 3.6 Tackles. 0.5 Goals.

His 2015 year was 45 Hitouts, 15 touches, 4 tackles, 0.5 Goals. So not too much more besides the hitouts.
2013 was 37 Hitouts, 12 touches, 3 tackles, 0.5 Goals. So worse then what he was traveling at for 2 months.

Are the stats lying did you think he was playing poor?