British XV Round 15 Lodgement and Banter

Started by GoLions, July 19, 2017, 03:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Well, here it is. The final round of our H&A season! We have 3 teams competing for 2nd position on the ladder, that all important home qualifying final. We then have 4 teams competing for a home elimination final. And we still have 1 team outside of the 8 that still has a very good chance of grabbing that last spot once the weekend is over.

Fixture:

Rams vs Knights: Hmmm...what else can I say about the Rams that hasn't already been said? Just need to forget this year. They'll get a priority pick at the end of the first round of the draft, along with a top 6 pick (pending results this week), and another early 2nd round pick. They will need to address their midfield issue, one that coach Nige has had to deal with in WXVs, and has done so quite successfully going off of the Sands improvement in Worlds this season, so I have no doubt that he can do it here as well. They have the top end scoring power to pose a threat with a full team, but their bottom few players really let them down, so that's another thing that will need to be considered. Meanwhile, back at round 6, the Knights had a Win/Loss record of 1 and 5, sat 2nd last on the ladder, and had the 2nd least points scored in the comp. Fast-forward to this week, where they have gone 6 and 2 in the last 8 rounds, and sit just the one game out of the 8. Percentage could be an issue for them though, and possibly will be their undoing. They'll need a huge win this week, and will need the Owls to lose big as well, if they want to take that last spot in finals. Can it be done? Maybe. At the very least on their end it can, so as long as Danger plays, Knights by a lot.

Hurricanes vs Giants: Hurricanes probably won't be getting a home final now, but at least they have locked in that second chance. Giants have come so close to a number of upsets in the last month, but just fallen short each time. Hurricanes will want to find some form before finals, and this is the last week to do so. They should get the job done at home, but watch out for the Giants.

Badgers vs Steins: This season has been an absolute joke, and I don't really wanna talk about it any more. And just when I thought I'd be close to full strength again, Cutler is omitted and Boyd still not back for the Dogs. Ah well. Steins looking to lock in a home elimination final, and should do so quite comfortably.

Magic vs Dragons: Magic have been great just about all season, but a home elimination final could still slip from their grasp. Unfortunately for them, they come up against the top of the table Dragons this week, who have now secured first spot, regardless of this week's result. If the Magic lose, they could drop to 8th potentially, however 7th is more likely, and this would make things much harder in the first week of finals. They have the home advantage, but that midfield of the Dragons...it's just about unstoppable when firing. And I think it'll fire again. Dragons for me.

Hawks vs Hoods: Hawks season is over, and they'll be pretty disappointed, as they had a really good chance to scrape into the 8 and do some damage in finals. The Hoods, similar to the Badgers, I don't think I really need to talk about it anymore. The Hawks with HGA on their side should have a comfortable win, and finish the season on a high of some sort. The Hoods will look on to next year, injecting more top end youth into their side in the process.

Werewolves vs Hedgies: The Werewolves have finished the season off quite well, but not without a few hiccups. And now, they have lost Cripps...this seems familiar. The Hedgies have been very up and down all year, and will fall a bit short of the 8, but with a lot of promising signs to come. Werewolves at home should be far too strong, and maybe a last ditch chance at a home final for them?

Breakers vs Bunnies: The Breakers are another team who have had a disappointing year, but have managed to chalk up a few wins as well to keep a bit of pride for themselves. The Bunnies have been huge improvers in 2017, and now have just about locked that spot in the 8, barring a major disaster this week. And if they can win this week, there is still a tinyyy chance of a home final waiting for them! So Bunnies for me 8)

Leeches vs Owls: The Leeches have also improved quite considerably this year, and now sit 2nd on the ladder, with a big percentage gap helping them out. Basically, a win for them this week means they are no chance of dropping out of 2nd. The owls are hanging on to 8th spot, but will they stay there? The Knights are lurking, and should beat the Rams easily. And the Owls have now lost Pendlebury, to go with their star ruck in Sandilands, plus a host of other players out with injury for them this year. I can't see the Owls winning this, but the real question is not will they lose, but by how much? Because that is seemingly all that matters, and a big enough loss, combined with a big enough win for the Knights, will see them slip to 9th at the very end of the year. It'll be close, that's for sure...but I think the Owls might just hang in there, with the Leeches still winning comfortably enough.

nas

Staines Steins.

Def: Adam Tomlinson - Callum Mills - Luke McDonald -  M-Tippa.

Mid: Josh Kelly (VC) - Lachlan Hunter - Marcus Bontempelli (C) - Conor Blakely.

Ruck: Brodie Grundy.

Fwd: Christian Petracca - Elliot Yeo (EVC) (F/M) - Jesse Hogan - Lewis Taylor.

Util: Max Gawn (R) - Sam Menegola.

Emerg: Brayden Maynard (D) - Brayden Fiorini (C) - Rupert Wills (F/C).

**Subject to Team line ups.**

Rusty00

(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 15

Dayne Beams (Liverpool) 50 games
Koby Stevens (Swansea) 50 games

Nige

Rusty00

Winchester Werewolves

D: Kade Simpson, Luke Hodge, Michael Hibberd, Nic Newman
M:  Alex Witherden (C), Nathan Fyfe (VC), Matt Priddis, Robbie Gray
R: Toby Nankervis
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Jarryd Roughead, Toby McLean, Jack Steele
I: Lachie Whitfield (EVC), David Myers

E: Easton Wood (D), Dayne Zorko (M), Mitch McGovern (F), Nathan Wilson (R OOP),

GoLions

Torpedo10

I'm disturbed that I enquired for Witherdens services and this occurs...

:P

GoLions

Bradford Badgers

DEF: Jarrod Harbrow, Shannon Hurn, Tom Cutler, Matthew Boyd
MID: Luke Shuey (C), Trent Cotchin, Rhys Mathieson (VC), Jack Redden
RUCK: Jarrod Witts
FWD: Tom J Lynch, Shaun Higgins (EVC), Sir Daniel of Caleb, Tom Papley
UTIL: Michael Rischitelli, Tom Liberatore

EMG: Dion Prestia, Jack Darling, Kamdyn McIntosh, Taylor Garner

iZander

Quote from: Rusty00 on July 20, 2017, 11:52:44 AM
Winchester Werewolves

D: Kade Simpson, Luke Hodge, Michael Hibberd, Nic Newman
M: Alex Witherden (C), Nathan Fyfe (VC), Matt Priddis, Robbie Gray
R: Toby Nankervis
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Jarryd Roughead, Toby McLean, Jack Steele
I: Lachie Whitfield (EVC), David Myers

E: Easton Wood (D), Dayne Zorko (M), Mitch McGovern (F), Nathan Wilson (R OOP),

I dare you :P

Nige

Liverpool Rams

Oscar McDonald, Scott Thompson, Michael Hartley, Griffin Logue
Dayne Beams (c), Adam Treloar (vc), Dyson Heppell (evc), Anthony Miles
Majak Daw
Eddie Betts, James Stewart, Jayden Laverde, Ben Brown
Zac Fisher, Jack Lonie

Tom Hawkins, Alex Fasolo, Levi Casboult, Hayden Crozier

jhello

Leeds Leeches

D: Alex Rance, Jeremy Howe, Michael Johnson, Dylan Roberton
M: David Mundy (EVC), Jack Viney, Tom Scully (VC), Clayton Oliver (C)
R: Sam Jacobs
F: Isaac Smith, Jack Billings, Jack Sinclair, Taylor Walker
U: Dom Tyson, Sam Kerridge

E: Liam Duggan (M), Lewis Jetta (F), Tom Stewart (D), David Mackay (R)(OOP)

Pkbaldy

Quote from: jhello on July 20, 2017, 08:19:12 PM
Leeds Leeches

D: Alex Rance, Jeremy Howe, Michael Johnson, Dylan Roberton
M: David Mundy (EVC), Jack Viney, Tom Scully (VC), Clayton Oliver (C)
R: Sam Jacobs
F: Isaac Smith, Jack Billings, Jack Sinclair, Taylor Walker
U: Dom Tyson, Sam Kerridge

E: Liam Duggan (M), Lewis Jetta (F), Tom Stewart (D), David Mackay (R)(OOP)

You better win by about 500 points man!

Pkbaldy

Wrexham Knights

DEF: Jack Martin, Harry Taylor, Cale Hooker, Daniel Howe
MID: Patrick Dangerfield (C), Seb Ross (VC), Jack Steven (EVC), Travis Boak
RUCK: ROOOOOOOOOOWANNNN MARSHALLLLLLLLLLLLL
FWD: Jarrad Waite, Lachie Weller, Brad Hill, Zaine Cordy
UTI: Joe Atley, Mark Blicavs

EMG: Hugh McCluggage, Blake Hardwick, Tom Clurey, Sam Naismith

Rids

Grope Lane Giants

Def: Taylor Adams (Capt), James Kelly, Nick Haynes, Andrew McGrath
Mids: Scott Selwood, David Swallow (VC), Darcy Parish, Sam Powell-Pepper
Rucks: Billy Longer
Fwds: Jordan Murdoch, Ben Keays, Jordan De Goey, Charlie Curnow
Utils: Hugh Greenwood, Tom Phillips

Emerg: Jake Melksham (mid), Nathan Hrovat (fwd/mid), Trent McKenzie (def), Jason Holmes (ruck)

iZander

Def: Laird (EVC), Salem, Henderson, Williams
Mid: JPK (C), Jelwood (VC), Goddard, Newnes
Ruck: Mummy
Fwd: Westhoff, Petrie, Edwards, Knight
Int: Wells, Dumont

Emg: Trengove, Pittard, Towers, Barrass